Anyone Keeping Up With ER | Golden Skate

Anyone Keeping Up With ER

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I saw one of the new episodes awhile back, but lately it's just been reruns. It was kind of eerie to see Romano on an episode the other night considering they just had his funeral not too long ago!

I find these shows frustrating lately. It seems they produce one or two new episodes and then the rest of the month is reruns. One starts to lose interest in the show.

I think this weeks episode is a repeat as well.

:\

JOHIO2

Medalist
Hi Lad,

Here's a heads-up for you......February is a sweeps month. The February ratings are what the networks base their advertising rates on. A show that gets great ratings in a sweeps month gets to charge more for its ads.

What that means to you and me: we get to see a month of all-new episodes of shows like ER that have been fluffing us off with tired reruns. If you see Romano this month, he'd better be in a flashback!

Sad to say, it also means dueling schedules. I hate when two first run programs are on at the same time. They especially do this with movies. At least we get a shot to see both programs 'cuz they all try to max their investment yields with reruns. Same isn't always tru when the networks show a movie. Bummer! :mad:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
This is sooo annoying. Every time I tune in to watch it's like OK is Carter in Africa this week or is Luka, who's Abby dating this week? Thank goodness for sweeps ort we would probaly only see two new episodes a season, the premiere and the cliffhanger, LOL.

Piel

Lcp88

On the Ice
Yeah they're showing new episodes the whole month of February - so there will be at least 4 new ones, which is good, cause this one week new, one week re-run thing is making the show hard to follow for me.
Laura

insecureedge

On the Ice
While I continue to watch ER, I've been somewhat disappointed with this season's effort. The most recent episode in the NICU, however, did display what the show can do when it wants to, and ER is perhaps trying to return to the right track IMO. What do you think? Reruns are good for me; because I watch both CSI and ER, it's hard to get anything done on Thursday nights. With reruns, I don't have to worry.

I think this Thursday is a new episode.

InsecureEdge

guinevere

Final Flight
I've missed a lot of this season - about half - I don't mind repeats so much, as I would like to get caught up, but the one they showed last week I'd already seen!

I used to be very into ER, IMO it's definitely declined, but I still watch it. However, if I'm not home or otherwise can't watch when it's on, I don't tape it, like I used to. It's just not very compelling to me anymore.

guinevere

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love ER, have watched it from the very beginning. I too think that this season they are trying to "reinvent" themselves, so to speak, and so far, I like what I see. I love Abby's character....she's my new fav and holds the show together.....42