Short Dance: 2013 Skate Canada International | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Short Dance: 2013 Skate Canada International

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Everyone knows skate Canada is big joke. They are trying to preserve V/M reputation. They do not have the difficulty nor the speed. When they try the hard stuff Tessa screw up always. That long program they have this year is so simple and easy, Junior level skaters can do those elements.

V/M can still fall on twizzles still be ahead and win
they have deteriorated technically over the years, slow, poor twizzles, no way that will score above 70+ let alone a 73+

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
I mean how many times can you be held up, instead of held accountable? They took a two minute cigarette break in one competition and still got awarded super high marks. Everytime I tune into a V/M performance, either Tessa is falling out of twizzle are Scott is falling on his backside.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Elena and Nikita are the best in the world.

Sarcasm aside though, W/P really polished that SD for a moment there I thought they had won the SD! They are really going for it. It is much easier to chase than to defend, well unless you're Meryl and Charlie it seems :)

sweetskates1

Medalist
I really loved the beginning of V/M's SD, do not care one bit for the middle section and find the final portion bland despite having so much technical difficulty. I am not sure, they are going to be held up and D/W will have to continue to bust their a***s to win. Sigh* And I know that D/W are the chasers, the ones burning to earn that elusive OGM while the defending champions are much more relaxed in a sense, but the former are at their best when it matters the very most, so a nail-bitter it will continue to be.

Golly gee, I HATE Gracie Gold's SP music - horrible.......!

rosacotton

Final Flight
Yeah I love them, they are totally my guilty pleasure team. I also think they have truly accomplished something for the sport and Germany, earning 2 spots for the Olys in this discipline for what I think is the first time ever. That said they are sloppy- fortunately they know how to play to their strengths.

Count me in the Germens' fan club!

H/D -- overall enjoyable skate. Glad that they are in the mix despite the fall.

W/P -- really impressive performance. Like her dress.

V/M -- I lost sound during their skate. Other than the big problem with the twizzles, I liked the program. Both of them looked to be in good shape. I expect this program will get better as the season goes on.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Any videos? Why did they not like PI were they that bad? Their score was considerably lower than at NHT? Hmmm....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really loved the beginning of V/M's SD, do not care one bit for the middle section and find the final portion bland despite having so much technical difficulty. I am not sure, they are going to be held up and D/W will have to continue to bust their a***s to win. Sigh* And I know that D/W are the chasers, the ones burning to earn that elusive OGM while the defending champions are much more relaxed in a sense, but the former are at their best when it matters the very most, so a nail-bitter it will continue to be.

Golly gee, I HATE Gracie Gold's SP music - horrible.......!

I didn't know Gracie Gold was doing Ice Dance too...:laugh:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Moir: I was about to call the referee to have the panel restart the SD ? she was in pain during her twizzles

you should change your nickname for sarcasm_fly rly...They are not fool - their faces showed their disappoitment from themselves, they know that they have to get up and fix the tech side

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am just not a fan of the short dance theme this year....getting tired of looking at flappers and '20s outfits. Yes, it's fast, but I'm finding it boring and they all look the same to me. But at least we have the free dance to look forward to.

sweetskates1

Medalist
OMG Julia Lipnistskaia is so stinking adorable - I always forget how young she is until I see her in the K/C.

Sorry, second comment regarding ladies in this thread. Will stop now.