Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Figure Skating Events Schedule 2014 Olympics

  1. #1
    “Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    307

    Figure Skating Events Schedule 2014 Olympics

    I couldn't find it posted elsewhere on GS, so here is the schedule of figure skating events in Sochi, according to the NBC Olympics website:

    http://www.nbcolympics.com/content/f...ating-schedule

  2. #2
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    GERMANY
    Posts
    68
    I just have a short question. Is the starting order at pairs in Sochi the reverse world ranking list? Couldn't find any rule on isu.org..

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    103
    cant believe NBC has done such a poor job - they have left out FEb 11th , Pairs short and Feb 17th Dance Free . One would expect better from nbc .

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    One would expect better from nbc .
    Not really. I would think by now all of us Americans would realize how poor NBC's coverage of figure skating has been in recent years.

  5. #5
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Are these scheduled skates live? And are they on NBC proper? Is there another NBC cable channel one needs to have or subscribe to.?

    Thank you!.

  6. #6
    Custom Title breathesgelatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Are these scheduled skates live? And are they on NBC proper? Is there another NBC cable channel one needs to have or subscribe to.?

    Thank you!.
    You can watch the skating live either on NBC Sports Network or online. Online viewing is only available if you can validate that you are a paid television subscriber (cable or satellite).

    So basically in order to watch live you need cable - either to tune into NBC Sports or to validate online.

    NBC proper is just going to show the highlights (last group or two I'd guess? - plus all the US skaters) as they have in the past.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    128
    From the official site: http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-s...le-and-results

    You can set it to have the schedule in your local time zone which is quite useful.

  8. #8
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Their mobile application works good too

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    You can watch the skating live either on NBC Sports Network or online. Online viewing is only available if you can validate that you are a paid television subscriber (cable or satellite).

    So basically in order to watch live you need cable - either to tune into NBC Sports or to validate online.

    NBC proper is just going to show the highlights (last group or two I'd guess? - plus all the US skaters) as they have in the past.
    If I have Verizon cable, can I get validated?

  10. #10
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    If I have Verizon cable, can I get validated?
    Information/links re validation for NBCOlympics.com streaming is in this post in the Sochi media rights thread:

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    If I have Verizon cable, can I get validated?
    how does one get set up to watch online stuff - can one register in advance ? there doesn't seem to be much information about that anywhere ?!!! thanks to anybody who can help me out - I am having surgery around the time of the Olympics and plan to watch endlessly during my enforced layoff !!

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    cant believe NBC has done such a poor job - they have left out FEb 11th , Pairs short and Feb 17th Dance Free . One would expect better from nbc .
    Why do you think that NBC has left them out? They are listed at the link skatingfan4ever provided above.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    how does one get set up to watch online stuff - can one register in advance ? there doesn't seem to be much information about that anywhere ?!!! thanks to anybody who can help me out - I am having surgery around the time of the Olympics and plan to watch endlessly during my enforced layoff !!
    Gottadance, thanks for asking- I need answer to this as well!

  14. #14
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    how does one get set up to watch online stuff - can one register in advance ? there doesn't seem to be much information about that anywhere ?!!! thanks to anybody who can help me out - I am having surgery around the time of the Olympics and plan to watch endlessly during my enforced layoff !!
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    Gottadance, thanks for asking- I need answer to this as well!
    I just gave information re NBC validation in post #10 above.

  15. #15
    Custom Title breathesgelatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    344
    In order to validate that you are a cable/satellite subscriber, go to this link:

    http://stream.nbcolympics.com/live-extra/

    There is a blue button that says "Verify Now." Click that and it will take you through the process.

    Unfortunately, I myself don't get cable/satellite.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •