Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Skate Canada 2013-2014 Pairs Short Program

Custom Title
    Watched Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK's video and feel they are pretty slow on the ice and the whole program looked jagged (meaning bad transition).
    The Chinese pair had far more complicated choreography and much smoother overall.

Custom Title
    The Chinese pair has grown up, both physically and skating wise. OK, maybe he hasn't grown much. But he gets the job done.

Good to see Hongbo is one of their coaches.

Banned
    S/H looks to have recovered a bit from growing pains last season, but he wont grow any taller that's for sure
    D/R score is a joke 69+ for messy jumps, MTM should get higher PCS a 31+ with Duhamel's stiffboard skating and their lift positions are ugly nor is she flexible
    she doesn't look pleasing to look at all in any angle and Radford acts like a rock. a mismatched pair
    B/H were overscored for that boring elements

MTM-M have a chance to beat these two by Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    S/H looks to have recovered a bit from growing pains last season, but he wont grow any taller that's for sure
    D/R score is a joke 69+ for messy jumps, MTM should get higher PCS a 31+ with Duhamel's stiffboard skating and their lift positions are ugly nor is she flexible
    she doesn't look pleasing to look at all in any angle and Radford acts like a rock. a mismatched pair
    B/H were overscored for that boring elements

MTM-M have a chance to beat these two by Nationals
    I've always believed a truly 100% clean MTM wold beat a clean D/R.

I do think Duhamel is fine to look at though- she has a lot of spirit when she's on the ice, I always feel her heart is out there with her.

Banned
    D/R's program is very good if they skate clean. Lots of complicated transitions. The music is great!

Custom Title
    I think their program has tremendous potential and I liked their costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    D/R's program is very good if they skate clean. Lots of complicated transitions. The music is great!

Custom Title
    IMO D/R were overscored. The Chinese and Italian pairs should be ahead of them. D/R's BV is only about 2 points higher than the other two pairs, not enough to over the loss in GOE. D/R should not have higher PCS than the other teams in this competition. I see great improvement in the Chinese and Italian teams, very impressive.

Custom Title
    IMO the scores were fair. D/R did make errors but their level of skating, difficulty, transitions are much higher so it gave them an advantage. Loved the Italians' energy & music but the yellow pants - ugh - hurt my eyes. Their skate had some weak transitions scratchy areas. The Chinese - well, I would've put them 1st if this were an exhibition performance. I see their skating as quite junior and sloppy with acrobatic tricks thrown in here and there. Poor edges & lines and their costumes quite ghastly. Looking forward to the long.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    The Chinese pair has grown up, both physically and skating wise. OK, maybe he hasn't grown much. But he gets the job done.

Good to see Hongbo is one of their coaches.
    Actually Hongbo is their main coach. Bin Yao is too sick to offer any help, and Bin Han works as an assistant coach. Hongbo and Xue Shen have done a really good job in the summer. Now they are responsible for five pairs: Peng&Zhang, Sui&Han, Yu&Jin, Wang&Wang, and a brand-new pair Zhen&Guan. Four of the pairs have completed their debut of this season in a national competiton. All of them have achieve great improvement since the swift of coaches.

Rinkside
    Everyone sees the efforts made by SH and Hongbo, including the judges. Of course your prejudice makes you blind to it. So ridiculously blinded for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Diva View Post
    IMO the scores were fair. D/R did make errors but their level of skating, difficulty, transitions are much higher so it gave them an advantage. Loved the Italians' energy & music but the yellow pants - ugh - hurt my eyes. Their skate had some weak transitions scratchy areas. The Chinese - well, I would've put them 1st if this were an exhibition performance. I see their skating as quite junior and sloppy with acrobatic tricks thrown in here and there. Poor edges & lines and their costumes quite ghastly. Looking forward to the long.

Custom Title
    only managed to catch D/R's skate and i know nothing about pairs scoring, but i have to say that i really preferred MT/M's performance from last week. the GPF (if both teams get in) and Nats are going to be interesting, I'm not sure how the pairs will stack up this season.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    The TSN commentators mentioned she's coming back from an injury, and was off the ice for four months this year. I didn't catch what it was.

I agree; I really like the program, too. Too bad about the mistakes. I'm hoping they'll be in good shape by nationals.
    I hope so too, I much prefer them over P/M. Hopefully she keeps healing and this gets better, it has lots of potential. I noticed a bandage on her upper thigh.

Custom Title
    PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) -69.57 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    2. Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 69.38 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    3. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN) - 69.02 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    4. Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 55.08 Short Program
    5. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA) - 55.01 Short Program
    6. Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) - 52.94 Short Program
    7. Lindsay DAVIS / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 52.69 Short Program
    8. Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO (CAN) - 39.50 Short Program

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7