Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Melissa Bulanhagui banned from competing at Philippine Nationals

Down With It
    I guess I'm kind of in the middle here. I don't think either side's hands are clean in this (i.e. both are at fault - the fed for what seems to be not communicating rules and decisions clearly, and MelB for getting a little too carried away during her Twitter rants).

However, I'm taking a look at the comments to her posts and there seems to be a lot of agreement, with even fellow skaters chiming in and backing her up. This tells me that she could be onto something- exposing a side of skating that fans don't get to see, and that is the backdoor politics and BTS with what goes on in the federations behind closed doors.

So, while I will admit that she sort of did herself in here with her choice of words (and I get the feeling she doesn't care at this point), I do like that she didn't just sit there and take it (or nod, mm hmm, you know, PR stuff). She SAID SOMETHING.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    So, while I will admit that she sort of did herself in here with her choice of words (and I get the feeling she doesn't care at this point), I do like that she didn't just sit there and take it (or nod, mm hmm, you know, PR stuff). She SAID SOMETHING.
    She did and it probably cost her her career. Was it worth it? Only she can answer that for herself.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    At the end of the day, the Filipino federation had legitimate reasons to send Perticheto to Nebelhorn instead and whilst Bulanghui might have felt disappointed by that decision, I don't see any 'dark side' in what they have done.

Bulanghui could have contested that decision through official channels and she could have conveyed her disappointment in a way which was more respectful. It's not that she should have kept quiet and said nothing but she could have been more careful with her choice of words.

Custom Title
    Not to be mean but most people don't care sadly. Philipines and Melissa have not been on the skating radar really. I remember her as a junior ; she did show promise but the talent pool in the US was just too much. She wanted to be the Reeds of the Phillipines.

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Strictly an FYI:

TSL recently tweeted an unflattering reference to GoldenSkate (including this discussion). See the Twitter conversation here:

Pls don't get me wrong. I myself have no problem with this thread.
    Do not understand why TSL is "hating" on those who happen to have a certain opinion. Everyone is entitled to her/his opinion.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Strictly an FYI:

TSL recently tweeted an unflattering reference to GoldenSkate (including this discussion). See the Twitter conversation here:

Pls don't get me wrong. I myself have no problem with this thread.
    Do not understand why TSL is "hating" on those who happen to have a certain opinion. Everyone is entitled to her/his opinion.
    I don't know how the discussion here is hating on Mel B. I think it's a reasonable opinion to say that she should haven't resorted to name calling and ranting on social media to voice valid concerns, just as it's reasonable to criticize/disagree with TSL's opinions.

ETA: To be fair, some did post some personal attacks at Dave and Jenny. However, my hope is if they are reading these threads (I guess they are?) they would be able to distinguish the difference between personal attacks and constructive criticisms on content/actions.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    And also between the opinions of GS posters, and the opinion of the owner of the board.

#TeamAUS
    I do like what TSL do and their intentions are great but every so often they (mainly David Lease) steps over that line and makes a criticism of a skater that is personal and somewhat destructive and uncalled for and it makes you cringe. They call it humour but its just offensive.

His gesture of lighting a candle for Carolina was atrocious as i would associate lighting candle vigils to remember people who died in horriffic circumstances and their comments about Megan and Eric. I posted a comment on their facebook post about how it was somewhat rude and disrespectful and got 'we are honest and therefore can say what we want' response from them. Yes, they are entitled to their opinion and to an extend their criticism has merit, but there were a million better and more respectful ways to criticise their skating rather that reducing their skating algebra and then pick on aspects of their skating as a snark response.

If tney want to be taken seriously, this attitude has to stop immediately. I dont mind when shade is thrown but when it attacks a persons character, a serious line of professionalism has been breached. THROWING DESTRUCTIVE SHADE IS NOT GOOD JOURNALISM AND IT IS NOT VERY ETHICAL!

Anyway back on topic, it seems that Melissa needs lession in public relations.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5