Skate Canada 2013-2014 Ladies Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2013-2014 Ladies Short Program

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Very strange fall from Katelyn...Tracy Wilson's saying it won't be counted as a fall on the jump because she landed the axel, then fell taking a step out.

Gorgeous 3flip though. And that was the one she was worried about.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN)

Music: Big Spender; Rich Man's Frug (from "Sweet Charity")

Black sparkly dress w/ criss-cross back. White long gloves

3T+3T - turnout
3F - nice
LSp
2A - seemed landed, but fell
StSq
FSSp
CCoSp

Some mistakes, but I like her program. It's suits her energy and personality

SP: 32.49+28.83-1.00=60.32, in 1st (out of 3)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Osmond needs to calm the heck down... she had way TOO much energy and it caused a lot of little stumbles and the fall... she got way ahead of herself. Attack is good, but not when you start to attack yourself. If she settles down into this program it's going to be great.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Wow, very nice program and very challenging and difficult,
All theses transitions are not easy in this program :eek: Great choreography! for Kaetlyn :clap:
Shame about the mistakes but the program have great potential

Becki

Medalist
Osmond needs to calm the heck down... she had way TOO much energy and it caused a lot of little stumbles and the fall... she got way ahead of herself. Attack is good, but not when you start to attack yourself. If she settles down into this program it's going to be great.

I disagree...I think her energy is what makes her exciting :p

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Wow, very nice program and very challenging and difficult,

All of thoses transition throw the program :eek: Great choreography! for Kaetlyn :clap:

Shame about the mistakes but the program have great potential

Is it just me or is Ice Network without commentary today? I'm hearing the music and the competitors talking in the K & C but no commentary at all?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I disagree...I think her energy is what makes her exciting :p

I like Osmond, I like her spunk and her energy... but she bolted a little early out of the gate. She had more control - at least to me - last year.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice

I was thinking it looked liked a combination of excitable jitters and not enough run-throughs. On TSN Tracey Wilson said she was off the ice for all of September. I agree that I think the program will be great once she settles into competition mode and refines it. So far she strikes me a terrific SP skater. I hope she can learn to transfer that to her long program.

I liked Hicks' music and dress but she got really sluggish half-way through. After seeing lots of "soft" ladies' skating I like to see some more athletic types to shake things up a bit.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Natalia POPOVA (UKR)

Music: Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo, performed by Edvin Marton

Black/see-through dress in kinda fine tiger-pattern. Deep back

...missed begining due choppy feed

2A
CCoSp
StSq
LSp

Small fist pump. What did she do?

3F+2T, 3T on replay

SP: 27.96+24.40=52.36 (PB), in 2nd (out of 4)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the sound died on my feed... but that might be a good thing as I have to head out into the world in a few minutes and this will keep me from being late ;)

zschultz1986

Final Flight
The thing about Osmond is that she can sell a program. However, she needs to learn WHEN to sell: During the steps and transitions for sure, she can go 200% and give that Fosse-like choreo everything. However, that will come with more practice.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
kaetlyn oooooooverscored

It's not overscored, if you want to talk about overscored skaters, just watch the 3 medalist from 2013 Skate America, this competition was overrated.
60.32 considering the little mistake is an ok score.