Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Skate Canada 2013-2014 Ladies Short Program

Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I disagree...I think her energy is what makes her exciting
    I like Osmond, I like her spunk and her energy... but she bolted a little early out of the gate. She had more control - at least to me - last year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Osmond needs to calm the heck down... she had way TOO much energy and it caused a lot of little stumbles and the fall... she got way ahead of herself. Attack is good, but not when you start to attack yourself. If she settles down into this program it's going to be great.
    I was thinking it looked liked a combination of excitable jitters and not enough run-throughs. On TSN Tracey Wilson said she was off the ice for all of September. I agree that I think the program will be great once she settles into competition mode and refines it. So far she strikes me a terrific SP skater. I hope she can learn to transfer that to her long program.

I liked Hicks' music and dress but she got really sluggish half-way through. After seeing lots of "soft" ladies' skating I like to see some more athletic types to shake things up a bit.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Natalia POPOVA (UKR)

Music: Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo, performed by Edvin Marton

Black/see-through dress in kinda fine tiger-pattern. Deep back

...missed begining due choppy feed

2A
    CCoSp
    StSq
    LSp

Small fist pump. What did she do?

3F+2T, 3T on replay

SP: 27.96+24.40=52.36 (PB), in 2nd (out of 4)

the sound died on my feed... but that might be a good thing as I have to head out into the world in a few minutes and this will keep me from being late

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    kaetlyn oooooooverscored
    She got a fall deduction but probably no -3 GOE on the 2A since the jump was completed with the flow out before the fall. Let's see what the protocol will tell us.

Custom Title
    The thing about Osmond is that she can sell a program. However, she needs to learn WHEN to sell: During the steps and transitions for sure, she can go 200% and give that Fosse-like choreo everything. However, that will come with more practice.

Custom Title
    Cue all the "over-scored Canadian skater" remarks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelmina View Post
    Loved Kaetlyn's attack and speed, even after that freak fall after the 2A. Fun program!
    Loved the program!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    kaetlyn oooooooverscored
    It's not overscored, if you want to talk about overscored skaters, just watch the 3 medalist from 2013 Skate America, this competition was overrated.
    60.32 considering the little mistake is an ok score.

I don't think that Kaetlyn was overscored: after all, she had a cleanly rotated 3T+3T and a PERFECT 3F (that really deserved +2/+3 for me)...

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    http://www.cricfree.tv/euro-sports.php

Cool, a B ESP feed that's not freezing! Enjoy!

Custom Title
    I like Osmond, I like her spunk and her energy... but she bolted a little early out of the gate. She had more control - at least to me - last year.
    I think she needed to attack the program. It's when she attacks the program that her jumps are turned. When she is hesitant she tends to make more mistakes. Silly mistake on the axel, but otherwise a really fun program to watch. I don't think she was particularly overscored (though she certainly was overscored a bit) as the performance was better than last year's but there were errors. It's still 5 points less than her personal best.

Osmond needs to calm the heck down... she had way TOO much energy and it caused a lot of little stumbles and the fall... she got way ahead of herself. Attack is good, but not when you start to attack yourself. If she settles down into this program it's going to be great.
    I think you are right. She moves verly hectic and looks kind of uncontrolled. But it is fun to watch tough.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    She got a fall deduction but probably no -3 GOE on the 2A since the jump was completed with the flow out before the fall. Let's see what the protocol will tell us.
    I feel like she got the benefit of the doubt on that one, given her TES score. Which is fine, since she had the landing. Maybe a few judges gave her -GOE though.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast