Skate Canada 2013-2014 Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2013-2014 Ladies Short Program

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I don't think that Kaetlyn was overscored: after all, she had a cleanly rotated 3T+3T and a PERFECT 3F (that really deserved +2/+3 for me)...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I like Osmond, I like her spunk and her energy... but she bolted a little early out of the gate. She had more control - at least to me - last year.

I think she needed to attack the program. It's when she attacks the program that her jumps are turned. When she is hesitant she tends to make more mistakes. Silly mistake on the axel, but otherwise a really fun program to watch. I don't think she was particularly overscored (though she certainly was overscored a bit) as the performance was better than last year's but there were errors. It's still 5 points less than her personal best.

Kuan

Final Flight
Osmond needs to calm the heck down... she had way TOO much energy and it caused a lot of little stumbles and the fall... she got way ahead of herself. Attack is good, but not when you start to attack yourself. If she settles down into this program it's going to be great.

I think you are right. She moves verly hectic and looks kind of uncontrolled. But it is fun to watch tough.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
She got a fall deduction but probably no -3 GOE on the 2A since the jump was completed with the flow out before the fall. Let's see what the protocol will tell us.

I feel like she got the benefit of the doubt on that one, given her TES score. Which is fine, since she had the landing. Maybe a few judges gave her -GOE though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not sure how to better say what I'm trying to, but I'm not saying she needed to not attack the program, but there is attacking and then letting the energy get away from you, which is what the program looked like to me. Yes she's been off the ice with injury, so that factors in, and I like the comment about "jitters"... I think that's closer to what I was getting at. I'm not saying take it slow, but don't go bull in the china shop either. Once she finds the balance she'll be amazing. The program has potential.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I feel like she got the benefit of the doubt on that one, given her TES score. Which is fine, since she had the landing. Maybe a few judges gave her -GOE though.

She is lucky compared to Oda at his last Worlds with that freak fall too soon after the 2A. Not only was it counted against the jump but it serious hindered the footwork sequence that followed.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
I'm not sure how to better say what I'm trying to, but I'm not saying she needed to not attack the program, but there is attacking and then letting the energy get away from you, which is what the program looked like to me. Yes she's been off the ice with injury, so that factors in, and I like the comment about "jitters"... I think that's closer to what I was getting at. I'm not saying take it slow, but don't go bull in the china shop either. Once she finds the balance she'll be amazing. The program has potential.

She was frenetic, is the word I think you're going for.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Amelie LACOSTE (CAN)

Music: The Feeling Begins by Peter Gabriel

Red cut-out dress w/gold details. Headband (old costume)

3Lo+2Lo - solid
3F - also fine
FSSp
2A
LSp
StSq - she's smiling
CCoSp

Clean skate from Lacoste?! Never thought I would witness it.

SP: 32.10+27.03=59.13 (PB), in 2nd (out of 5)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Christina GAO (USA)

Music: Close Without Touching by David Arkenstone

Burgundy flowy dress. Good amount of sparkle (though liked the previous purple better)

3T+3T - solid
2A
FSSp
3Lo - nice
LSp
StSq
CCoSp

Wow, nice clean skate. Nice for her, she seems happy (and relieved)

SP: 33.96+28.86=62.82 (PB), in 1st (out of 6)