Black dress w/ white right side. Big silvery sparkles all-over

3Lz+3T - clean, not as big as she can
StSq
FCSp
3Lo
2A
LSp
CCoSp

Fist pump. Good, she landed all of her jumps. I don't particularly like this program, but big improvement from SLC

SP: 38.53+30.92 = 69.45 (PB), in 1st (out of 7)

Yuna Kim 2013 Worlds SP score - 69.97

Interesting

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmmm Frank is a wise one. Gracie has always been proud of her jumps but they don't need to be huge to get +GOE she just needs to land them. And just look what backing off speed just a bit has done for Kostner.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Just watched the protocol...Interesting: Julia got higher goe on her 3-3, but Gracie - on her SPINS. The score on them was either similar or higher than on Julia's...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
HOLY OVERSCORE!!! I totally don't get Gracie Gold's inflated PCS. Her PE, CH, and IN should not be as high as they are, IMO.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just did a little bit of data crunching (trying out a fun new program!) and Gracie's TES was nearly the same as Mao's at Skate America, just 0.32 lower. Obviously Mao has much higher PCS.

And Gracie does edge Ashley in the SP, but only by .19.

Gracie does rank 4th in PCS among everyone on the GP so far....

MasterB

Final Flight
That music takes away from Gracie's skating and it's hard to enjoy her skating to that. It's too bad that it was probably to late for her to get another SP.

Never too late. Lambiel always managed to get brand new programs right before worlds or olympics.

lavender

Record Breaker
Well hopefully we will see how Gracie scores in the pcs when she goes up against a clean Mao, Carolina, Yu na and a couple of others. There should be a big difference when she is up against them.

froh1981

Rinkside
Well, Julia didn't get an "e" for a wrong edge take-off on her jump this time and earned positive GOEs from all jumps. I don't think she was underscored. Rather, I am surprised by Gracie's PCS, especially the Choreography & Interpretation Marks. It's also interesting to see that one judge thought Osmond fell on her double axel.

Mao88

Record Breaker

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie's SP music suits her. She is NOT a pwetty pwincess. She holds your interest because she lands those tough jumps and you are SO glad when the SP is OVER and by gum it's CLEAN!!!!!

Gracie beat Lipnitz 7.54 to 6.96 on transitions because apparently the judges don't see leggrabbing as a legitimate transition move.

Gracie also got higher GOE on her 2a than Lipnitz did, and that is understandable, as Lip's 2a is tiny and covers little ice.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Just did a little bit of data crunching (trying out a fun new program!) and Gracie's TES was nearly the same as Mao's at Skate America, just 0.32 lower. Obviously Mao has much higher PCS.

And Gracie does edge Ashley in the SP, but only by .19.

Gracie does rank 4th in PCS among everyone on the GP so far....

it sends the signal from early start
Gracie will be the No.1 US lady heading to Sochi not the old and worn out Wagner

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well hopefully we will see how Gracie scores in the pcs when she goes up against a clean Mao, Carolina, Yu na and a couple of others. There should be a big difference when she is up against them.

There already is. Mao has nearly 4 points higher PCS in her SP at Skam. Ashley is also about two points higher. Can't compare competitions perfectly, but still, I think there's a clear gap.

Ashley and Akiko seem to be in a class of its own, not as high as Mao but higher than the rest.

I guess the argument is how Gracie's PCS should compare to the likes of Julia,Adelina, Liza, Kaetlyn, Zijun, etc.

Sara

On the Ice
Yuna Kim 2013 Worlds SP score - 69.97

Interesting

I don't find it interesting taking into account that Yuna's SP PCS score in Worlds was way lower what she deserved. The only reason she got such a low score was that she was skating in the second/third group of the competition. You can see that also when comparing Yuna's SP and FS PCS scores (e.g. her SS score being a lot higher in FS). I don't even remember the last time she had such a low PCS in SP. Maybe when she was skating as junior long time ago...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie beat Lipnitz 7.54 to 6.96 on transitions because apparently the judges don't see leggrabbing as a legitimate transition move.

Ugh, so I guess they recognize windmill arms as transitions then. :disapp: