Thread: Gracie Gold - a dark horse for the Olympics medal

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Gracie Gold - a dark horse for the Olympics medal

Her score was huge for the sp. Usually the score gets higher throughout the year, so I guess she could give the favorites a run for their money and, of course, she has all the potential to beat Ashley at this point. What do you think?

Banned
    definitely she can sneak in bronze or even a silver
    lets hope Gracie will be able to handle being US No.1

by the time Sochi rolls in Gracie will be No.1 US lady heading to the Olympics
    not the old and worn out Wagner with a two footed 3-3

Custom Title
    People are getting ahead of themselves. She needs to skate a good LP today to show that she's among the elite. Just a few weeks ago people were burying this girl. Things can change even in just a few short hours. She now needs to show she can finish the job.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    People are getting ahead of themselves. She needs to skate a good LP today to show that she's among the elite. Just a few weeks ago people were burying this girl. Things can change even in just a few short hours. She now needs to show she can finish the job.
    Skating forums are hazardous to your health. You can suffer whiplash just watching the buzz on Gracie rise and fall.

Tripping on the Podium
    I hope she'll have a strong LP today - it was nice seeing some changes to her SP, it definitely seemed less "busy" with the small changes in choreo, and she seemed much more relaxed than I think we had seen her skate a SP all of last season. I still saw lots of room for improvement too.

Custom Title
    I think what we're seeing is that the judges aren't going to give the top 3 and insurmountable edge in PCS, which to me is a great thing. I'd hate to see Carolina fall twice or Mao do three triples and beat clean programs from Gracie or Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahspins View Post
    I hope she'll have a strong LP today - it was nice seeing some changes to her SP, it definitely seemed less "busy" with the small changes in choreo, and she seemed much more relaxed than I think we had seen her skate a SP all of last season. I still saw lots of room for improvement too.
    She looked HAPPY as she took her spot and throughout the program, and not just because she nailed everything. As she took her opening spot, she seemed to be thinking about something and then a smile broke across her face and the gleam came to her eye. Whatever that was, she needs to KEEP it or whatever FrankC has put in her mind needs to STAY there.