Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013

tulosai isn't the one that is being negative about a body weight/shape, but was calling out another poster who has a tendency to do so. (and for someone who thinks so lowly of sarcasm, you definitely have a good handle on it...)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Diva View Post
    How obtuse of me not to realize that the head bang (sarcasm,

the lowest form of wit, btw) makes it ok to be mean about skaters' body shapes.
    Tulossai was not being mean against a skater's body, but was sarcastic to sky_sky who has a habit of bringing up supposed "weight issue" of female skaters s/he dislikes. Of course, "dislikes" is a mild word to describe sky_fly's feelings and style of expression which are almost never mild.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Tulossai was not being mean against a skater's body, but was sarcastic to sky_sky who has a habit of bringing up supposed "weight issue" of female skaters s/he dislikes. Of course, "dislikes" is a mild word to describe sky_fly's feelings and style of expression which are almost never mild.
    sorry Tulossai - I take it back -- it was sky_fly who was mean about body shapes.

@Tonichelle: touche -- you have a good handle on it too

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnChosen View Post
    An off axis SBS jump that is doubled with a hands down upon landing often gets -2 GOE.
    Well it shouldn't, that's -3 GOE quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Diva View Post
    sorry Tulossai - I take it back -- it was sky_fly who was mean about body shapes.

@Tonichelle: touche -- you have a good handle on it too
    You are fine- my reply was a bit snappy so apologies for that too. Despite my occasional snark I really do prefer to be one big happy GS family

Custom Title
    Beyond the top, pairs is shaping up to be quite the unpredictable discipline this season. Good to see the depth and mix of results.

Custom Title
    An unexpected win for BERTON/HOTAREK. Really liked their performance. Congratulations to them on winning Italy's first pairs Grand Prix medal!

I enjoyed DUHAMEL/RADFORD's program. Will be interesting to see how the program develops.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14