Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    You forgot to add that Meagan is also a Vegan.
    what does being a vegan have to do with Stiffboard Duhamel's horrendous form ?

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    what does being a vegan have to do with Stiffboard Duhamel's horrendous form ?
    At least she doesn't need to lose weight, eh, sky_fly20???

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    The Chinese pair should have received -2 GOE for their combination jump, IMO. Her jumps are tiny and barely rotated, they aren't very well synced, and they are too far apart from each other. Moves like this are what have been killing the appeal of Pairs skating with CoP.
    An off axis SBS jump that is doubled with a hands down upon landing often gets -2 GOE, S/H's SBS jump ain't anywhere near as bad.

Custom Title
    Now it will be really interesting to see which two Chinese pairs are going to Sochi.
    P/T is in, unless injuries prevent them from competing.
    Between S/H and P/Z, don't know which pair is a better choice, but it seems that S/H is only on the waiting list, judging by their LP cheap looking costumes.
    It will be a hard decision if S/H get higher placement overall than P/Z, which is very likely.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    At least she doesn't need to lose weight, eh, sky_fly20???
    The mean girls/bioches strike again. Please have some respect. These athletes are all doing their best so there's no need to attack skaters' body shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Diva View Post
    The mean girls/bioches strike again. Please have some respect. These athletes are all doing their best so there's no need to attack skaters' body shapes.
    You're one to talk about respect when you're calling posters mean girls/biotches. I was being sarcastic for what it's worth, hence the head banging against wall gesture, which I repeat now because some people like you just don't get it and also make me want to bang my head against a wall.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    You're one to talk about respect when you're calling posters mean girls/biotches. I was being sarcastic for what it's worth, hence the head banging against wall gesture, which I repeat now because some people like you just don't get it and also make me want to bang my head against a wall.
    How obtuse of me not to realize that the head bang (sarcasm, the lowest form of wit, btw) makes it ok to be mean about skaters' body shapes.

tulosai isn't the one that is being negative about a body weight/shape, but was calling out another poster who has a tendency to do so. (and for someone who thinks so lowly of sarcasm, you definitely have a good handle on it...)

Custom Title
    How obtuse of me not to realize that the head bang (sarcasm,

the lowest form of wit, btw) makes it ok to be mean about skaters' body shapes.
    Tulossai was not being mean against a skater's body, but was sarcastic to sky_sky who has a habit of bringing up supposed "weight issue" of female skaters s/he dislikes. Of course, "dislikes" is a mild word to describe sky_fly's feelings and style of expression which are almost never mild.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Tulossai was not being mean against a skater's body, but was sarcastic to sky_sky who has a habit of bringing up supposed "weight issue" of female skaters s/he dislikes. Of course, "dislikes" is a mild word to describe sky_fly's feelings and style of expression which are almost never mild.
    sorry Tulossai - I take it back -- it was sky_fly who was mean about body shapes.

@Tonichelle: touche -- you have a good handle on it too

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnChosen View Post
    An off axis SBS jump that is doubled with a hands down upon landing often gets -2 GOE.
    Well it shouldn't, that's -3 GOE quality.

sorry Tulossai - I take it back -- it was sky_fly who was mean about body shapes.

@Tonichelle: touche -- you have a good handle on it too
    You are fine- my reply was a bit snappy so apologies for that too. Despite my occasional snark I really do prefer to be one big happy GS family

Custom Title
    Beyond the top, pairs is shaping up to be quite the unpredictable discipline this season. Good to see the depth and mix of results.

An unexpected win for BERTON/HOTAREK. Really liked their performance. Congratulations to them on winning Italy's first pairs Grand Prix medal!

I enjoyed DUHAMEL/RADFORD's program. Will be interesting to see how the program develops.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13