Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013

sweetskates1

Medalist
Let me start off with this; I am not a D/R fan at all. However, their two programs this year could win them the OGM if skated clean. The SP brings out a softness and grace in them that has always been lacking. The FP is insanely difficult and unique. I see them as champions despite the aborted element - and again I am not a fan.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Let me start off with this; I am not a D/R fan at all. However, their two programs this year could win them the OGM if skated clean. The SP brings out a softness and grace in them that has always been lacking. The FP is insanely difficult and unique. I see them as champions despite the aborted element - and again I am not a fan.

I don't see it. They have a 3 lutz, but nothing about most of their elements seem easy. The throws jumps all seem awkward. I think they deserved their loss here. The Italians especially were clean and are WAY more polished.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow D/R beat on their home turf. The race for the Bronze medal in Sochi just got more interesting.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I agree with the result, D/R in bronze, Chinese silver and Italians gold. Crowd is not liking the results. If not for that dumb fall by Sui, the Chinese would have won here.

sweetskates1

Medalist
OMG the Italians win? This is such a pleasant surprise! They are so much greater than they have ever been. It is impressive. I still think the Canadians have two winning programs.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm not a D/R hater but I am also liking the possible implications of this for MT/M.

aniela

On the Ice
yay, Berton/Hotarek with Gold! so happy for them!

it looks like Team Italy will be pretty strong at Olympics:)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I agree with the result, D/R in bronze, Chinese silver and Italians gold. Crowd is not liking the results. If not for that dumb fall by Sui, the Chinese would have won here.

I think they still should have won but that's just a preference thing I suppose. Overall I think the results are fair.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
In fact I like D/R's LP music, but her posture is not good looking at all, especially in this program.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 193.92
2. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN) - 193.77
3. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 190.62
4. Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) - 159.82 Free Skate
5. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA) - 158.83 Free Skate
6. Lindsay DAVIS / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 153.71 Free Skate
7. Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 149.59 Free Skate
8. Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO (CAN) - 131.39 Free Skate

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
looks like MT-M will be Canadian No.1
rightfully with D/R messy and terrible lines, jumps and throws inconsistent

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agree, I could understand/forgive the mistakes, but they seem to barely tolerate each other. Hope this is a mistaken impression and they're just having a bad day at the office.

USA pairs teams seem to be ignorant to the fact that to be successful in pairs skating requires a lot of time and patience; it takes so much time for a new pair to gel. Most US teams seem to want quick, short term results and pairs skating does not work that way. You have to be so determined and be in the sport for the long haul and you have to nurture the partnership and give it time and a chance to grow and really connect and relate with one another. More than perhaps any other discipline, it's not just about hitting all the elements; most essentially, it's that 2 shall skate as 1.