Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013

sweetskates1

Medalist
I do not like the Notre Dame de Paris interpretations - not the two I have seen today or the one by Yuzu last year. D/W's is so much better because it really told the story portrayed in the musical.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I love S/H. Haters gonna hate and call them juniorish but there is nothing wrong with having a lot of energy and having a lot of fun. Pity about the freak fall but it did not take away from the performance for me at all.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Sui/Han are so cute! Their elements are definitely senior but the program has a junior feel to it--maybe because they are so little and still look like kids compared to their competitors. I enjoyed it. Silly mistake after the second jump pass where she just skated into him, like either he wasn't supposed to be in that spot or she lost her bearings.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN)

Music: Kalinka (Russian Folk Music)

She's in red/blue dress. He's in black pants, red shirt. Russian folk-inspired

4Tw - ok, landed a bit on his shouder
3T+2T+2T - landed, but slow on landing and far apart
3S - she doubled, then fell
3FTh - big and clean
BoDs
PCCoSp
Li
Li
3STh - lovely running edge
ChSq
Li
PCoSp

Only one mistakes, otherwise solid. They look pleased. Though I'm not sure this program really highlights their personality - it didn't seem to build up for me. Guess I expected something more mature

FS: 65.78+59.99-1.00=124.75, 193.77, in 1st (out of 6)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Sui/ Han will be the Olympic Champion in 2018. Said my commentator, I believe her. :eek:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
The Italians' program is really growing on me. Because it's not frenetic nor full of circus tricks, it has to be exceptionally well-skated to make maximum impact, and I think they are improving their execution and presentation with each outing.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)

Music: Dracula by Philipp Glass

She's in red/black vampy dress. He's in matching red/black costume

3T+2T+2T - solid as alwats
3Tw - bit low catch
... feed froze - did they land 3S?
FCCoSp
ChSq
3STh - nice
Li
BoDs
Li
3LoTh - also solid
Li
PCoSp

They seem very pleased. This Philipp Glass piece is hard, I don't think they have the finesse to pull it off completely. But it's growing on me...

FS: 63.41+61.13=124.54 (PB), 193.92 (PB), in 1st (out of 7)

sweetskates1

Medalist
I am absolutely astounded by how well the Italians are skating this year. Most improved?

The Italians' program is really growing on me. Because it's not frenetic nor full of circus tricks, it has to be exceptionally well-skated to make maximum impact, and I think they are improving their execution and presentation with each outing.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Wow! Italians edge out the Chinese. Wasn't expecting that. Italians could win this thing. Up to D/R now.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I honestly appreciate the technical difficulty of what D/R do, but I'd have both B/H and S/H ahead of them. This program does nothing for me. I have no clue why they seem so happy with what they put out there.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)

Music: Alice in Wonderland (soundtrack) by Danny Elfman; Everlasting by Two Steps from Hell

She's in purple dress w/ white "boning". He's in matching coat w/ sleeve ruffles, black/purple tartan pants.

3Tw - ok height, maybe bit hard landing
3Lz - landed, his a bit scratchy
...feed froze...
PCoSp
3S+2T - landed, she's a bit low on 3S
Li - had to set her down very early, aborted
3LoTh - bit low landing, but hung on
3LzTh - solid
Li
ChSq
FCCoSp - good speed and unison

Didn't see whole skate, but they're both fistpumping. Landed both sbs jumps and lift, but big mistake on a lift

FS: 54.71+66.34=121.05, 190.62, in 3rd overall

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
D/R looked a little off. Lift trouble today. First one barely got up, second one aborted and third one up but clunky. Kudos for ekeing out those SBS jump and throw landings though. Not sure what to think of this program, I guess if skated cleanly and with Meghan's usual verve, it could score high. Here though.....