Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013

UnChosen

On the Ice
The Chinese pair should have received -2 GOE for their combination jump, IMO. Her jumps are tiny and barely rotated, they aren't very well synced, and they are too far apart from each other. Moves like this are what have been killing the appeal of Pairs skating with CoP.

An off axis SBS jump that is doubled with a hands down upon landing often gets -2 GOE, S/H's SBS jump ain't anywhere near as bad.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Now it will be really interesting to see which two Chinese pairs are going to Sochi.
P/T is in, unless injuries prevent them from competing.
Between S/H and P/Z, don't know which pair is a better choice, but it seems that S/H is only on the waiting list, judging by their LP cheap looking costumes.
It will be a hard decision if S/H get higher placement overall than P/Z, which is very likely.

tulosai

Record Breaker
The mean girls/bioches strike again. Please have some respect. These athletes are all doing their best so there's no need to attack skaters' body shapes.

You're one to talk about respect when you're calling posters mean girls/biotches. I was being sarcastic for what it's worth, hence the head banging against wall gesture, which I repeat now because some people like you just don't get it and also make me want to bang my head against a wall. :bang:

Ice Diva

On the Ice
You're one to talk about respect when you're calling posters mean girls/biotches. I was being sarcastic for what it's worth, hence the head banging against wall gesture, which I repeat now because some people like you just don't get it and also make me want to bang my head against a wall. :bang:

:rofl: How obtuse of me not to realize that the head bang (sarcasm, the lowest form of wit, btw) makes it ok to be mean about skaters' body shapes.;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
tulosai isn't the one that is being negative about a body weight/shape, but was calling out another poster who has a tendency to do so. (and for someone who thinks so lowly of sarcasm, you definitely have a good handle on it...)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:rofl: How obtuse of me not to realize that the head bang (sarcasm,

the lowest form of wit, btw) makes it ok to be mean about skaters' body shapes.;)

Tulossai was not being mean against a skater's body, but was sarcastic to sky_sky who has a habit of bringing up supposed "weight issue" of female skaters s/he dislikes. Of course, "dislikes" is a mild word to describe sky_fly's feelings and style of expression which are almost never mild.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Tulossai was not being mean against a skater's body, but was sarcastic to sky_sky who has a habit of bringing up supposed "weight issue" of female skaters s/he dislikes. Of course, "dislikes" is a mild word to describe sky_fly's feelings and style of expression which are almost never mild.

:eek:: sorry Tulossai - I take it back -- it was sky_fly who was mean about body shapes.

@Tonichelle: touche -- you have a good handle on it too ;)

tulosai

Record Breaker
:eek:: sorry Tulossai - I take it back -- it was sky_fly who was mean about body shapes.

@Tonichelle: touche -- you have a good handle on it too ;)

You are fine- my reply was a bit snappy so apologies for that too. Despite my occasional snark I really do prefer to be one big happy GS family :)

lcd

Match Penalty
Beyond the top, pairs is shaping up to be quite the unpredictable discipline this season. Good to see the depth and mix of results.

rosacotton

Final Flight
An unexpected win for BERTON/HOTAREK. Really liked their performance. Congratulations to them on winning Italy's first pairs Grand Prix medal!

I enjoyed DUHAMEL/RADFORD's program. Will be interesting to see how the program develops.