Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN)

Music: Oz - The Great and Powerful

She's in light blue dress. He's in black pants, brown vest over white shirt. She has a wrap on her left thigh

3T - she fell
3Tw - low caught
1A+1A+SEQ - didn't see how many revs. they each did
FCCoSp
BoDs
ChSq
Li
3LoTh
Li
Li
3FTh
PCoSp

Mistakes on sbs jumps, but the other elements were fine. They both look pleased

FS: 54.52+53.36-1.00=106.88, 159.82, in 1st (out of 3)

sweetskates1

Medalist
I agree. And I just want to say that I so miss Evora/Ladwig! I cannot help but think of them and I hope that the pairs that placed 1-2-3 at US nationals makes marked progress this olympic season.

Agree, I could understand/forgive the mistakes, but they seem to barely tolerate each other. Hope this is a mistaken impression and they're just having a bad day at the office.

Wilhelmina

On the Ice
Nice lifts from L/S. I get where her frozen smile is coming from for the character, but I don't agree with the choice. Sends her straight into the uncanny valley for me.

tulosai

Record Breaker
If D/F don't break up they're the American team to watch for the next quad. Far exceeded my expectations at this competition.

rosacotton

Final Flight
Grrr, none of the streams are working for me today. :(

Thank you so much for the reports, sequinsgalore!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA)

Music: Notre Dame de Paris (soundtrack) by Richard Cocciante

Both in dark blue costumes sheer sleeves. Big stones on trim

3Tw - solid
3LoTh - good running edge
3S - his looked bit twofooted
ChSq
2A - she fell, no seq. for both
CCoSp
FiDs
Li
3STh - forward on toe, stepout
Li
Li
PCoSp

Small fist pumps from her. They had good energy throughout.

FS: 53.45+51.37-1.00=103.82 (PB), 158.83 (PB), in 2nd (out of 4)

sweetskates1

Medalist
I like them a whole lot - and I really do not think they understand the Notre Dame de Paris at all. The costumes, cut of the music and interpretation have nothing to do with the actual musical. It is strange but they are going to be my D/W in pairs, I can sense it!!!

If D/F don't break up they're the American team to watch for the next quad. Far exceeded my expectations at this competition.

sweetskates1

Medalist
It is too bad that they were off, right - or was it my stream? I think they were not in sync with the music.

Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA)

Music: Notre Dame de Paris (soundtrack) by Richard Cocciante

Both in dark blue costumes sheer sleeves. Big stones on trim

3Tw - solid
3LoTh - good running edge
3S - his looked bit twofooted
ChSq
2A - she fell, no seq. for both
CCoSp
FiDs
Li
3STh - forward on toe, stepout
Li
Li
PCoSp

Small fist pumps from her. They had good energy throughout.

FS: 53.45+51.37-1.00=103.82 (PB), 158.83 (PB), in 2nd (out of 4)

Wilhelmina

On the Ice
D/F had some awkward moments where one of them seemed to be waiting for the other, and then they had some moments that were just lovely. I thought their opening 3Tw looked great.

P/M have no future in the sport. He has to find a shorter partner and she has to find a taller one.

Sport 2 commentator said she is 168cm now. There aren't any partners tall enough for her. I'm sorry to say that but she just doesn't have a future in pairs skating.

D/F's 3twist had a strong catch and was solid otherwise but it was two-footed on the landing.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I like them a whole lot - and I really do not think they understand the Notre Dame de Paris at all. The costumes, cut of the music and interpretation have nothing to do with the actual musical. It is strange but they are going to be my D/W in pairs, I can sense it!!!

Yeah I also didn't see much of a story in their interpretation of Notre Dame but like you, I like them anyway. They are definitely not soup yet but I do see potential. Her lines and expression are much better than her sister's.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Sport 2 commentator said she is 168cm now. There aren't any partners tall enough for her. I'm sorry to say that but she just doesn't have a future in pairs skating.

D/F's 3twist had a strong catch and was solid otherwise but it was two-footed on the landing.

No, then, probably she has to be done. He looks like his a hunchback when he lifts her.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Really too bad for V/VC. They never seem able to quite pull it together in competition.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I agree!

Yeah I also didn't see much of a story in their interpretation of Notre Dame but like you, I like them anyway. They are definitely not soup yet but I do see potential. Her lines and expression are much better than her sister's.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER)

Music: Notre Dame de Paris (soundtrack)

She's in purple dress. He's in black pants and cream shirt. Both with colorful harlekin tartan details.

3Tw - ok, but she used hand for support on landing
3T+2T - he did 3T+2T<< fall
3S - he fell again
BiDs
FCCoSp - unison off
Li
3LoTh - stepout, fall
Li
3STh
Li
PCoSp

Anther Notre Dame de Paris (seems popular this season)... not their best, three falls. They look disappointed

FS: 48,19+48.32-3.00= 94.51, 149.59, 4th (out of 5)