Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013

Tripping on the Podium
    D/F had some awkward moments where one of them seemed to be waiting for the other, and then they had some moments that were just lovely. I thought their opening 3Tw looked great.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    P/M have no future in the sport. He has to find a shorter partner and she has to find a taller one.
    Sport 2 commentator said she is 168cm now. There aren't any partners tall enough for her. I'm sorry to say that but she just doesn't have a future in pairs skating.

D/F's 3twist had a strong catch and was solid otherwise but it was two-footed on the landing.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    I like them a whole lot - and I really do not think they understand the Notre Dame de Paris at all. The costumes, cut of the music and interpretation have nothing to do with the actual musical. It is strange but they are going to be my D/W in pairs, I can sense it!!!
    Yeah I also didn't see much of a story in their interpretation of Notre Dame but like you, I like them anyway. They are definitely not soup yet but I do see potential. Her lines and expression are much better than her sister's.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    D/F's 3twist had a strong catch and was solid otherwise but it was two-footed on the landing.
    Ah, thanks, I missed that! I was so taken with it in the air that I forgot about the landing.

Custom Title
    Denney/Frazier are quite enjoyable. Nice potential there

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Sport 2 commentator said she is 168cm now. There aren't any partners tall enough for her. I'm sorry to say that but she just doesn't have a future in pairs skating.

No, then, probably she has to be done. He looks like his a hunchback when he lifts her.

Really too bad for V/VC. They never seem able to quite pull it together in competition.

Custom Title
    Disaster for Vartmann/Van Cleave. Bummed for them.

Custom Title
    I agree!

Yeah I also didn't see much of a story in their interpretation of Notre Dame but like you, I like them anyway. They are definitely not soup yet but I do see potential. Her lines and expression are much better than her sister's.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER)

Music: Notre Dame de Paris (soundtrack)

She's in purple dress. He's in black pants and cream shirt. Both with colorful harlekin tartan details.

3Tw - ok, but she used hand for support on landing
    3T+2T - he did 3T+2T<< fall
    3S - he fell again
    BiDs
    FCCoSp - unison off
    Li
    3LoTh - stepout, fall
    Li
    3STh
    Li
    PCoSp

Anther Notre Dame de Paris (seems popular this season)... not their best, three falls. They look disappointed

FS: 48,19+48.32-3.00= 94.51, 149.59, 4th (out of 5)

Custom Title
    They are not memorable for some reason, I always forget they compete.

Really too bad for V/VC. They never seem able to quite pull it together in competition.

Custom Title
    I do not like the Notre Dame de Paris interpretations - not the two I have seen today or the one by Yuzu last year. D/W's is so much better because it really told the story portrayed in the musical.

Custom Title
    The Chinese are such fun to watch! They are not pair skaters they are acrobats with skates on. WOW!!!

I love S/H. Haters gonna hate and call them juniorish but there is nothing wrong with having a lot of energy and having a lot of fun. Pity about the freak fall but it did not take away from the performance for me at all.

Custom Title
    Sui/Han are so cute! Their elements are definitely senior but the program has a junior feel to it--maybe because they are so little and still look like kids compared to their competitors. I enjoyed it. Silly mistake after the second jump pass where she just skated into him, like either he wasn't supposed to be in that spot or she lost her bearings.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast