Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That is a fair result. I really thought they were going to put the Canadians in first but there was too many errors in that skate. First lift was shaky, second was aborted and third was a bit messy plus the SBS jums were not great. I think their PCS was a bit high, their lowest score was in transitions which I would have their hightest.

A great performance from B/H, much improved on last week. I think it's the type of programme that needs to be skated cleanly to have an impact, last week with the errors they were rightly of the podium. The Chinese are much improved, she has grown a lot, I still don't think she is as good as him and they have room for improvement on PCS.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Let me start off with this; I am not a D/R fan at all. However, their two programs this year could win them the OGM if skated clean. The SP brings out a softness and grace in them that has always been lacking. The FP is insanely difficult and unique. I see them as champions despite the aborted element - and again I am not a fan.

thats a joke right ? they have clunky throws and ugly lifts
MTM just beat them and rightfully so. never got the idea how they beta MTM last years nationals

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
The Italian and Chinese did a great job and kudo for going 1-2. Canadian team was just so blar today. Problems with all the lift, all jumps are barely squeeze out and all throws scratchy landing.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Insane PCS for D/R. I would definitely not have had them so high relative to the others. Insane.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
will give an award to Duhamel though
awkward for the ugliest lift positions, horrendous lines and no musicality like a stiffboard

D/R PCS are a joke ! 66+ ? :laugh:
Skate Canada is so shady

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
That's why I liked Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig so much.
Guess the short-lived American pairs have something to do skaters' strong personalities.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YAY! I am thrilled for Berton/Hotarek! What an exciting, surprising result! Great for them!! :yay::yay::yay:

aniela

On the Ice
D/R botched their lift, underrotated 3Lz but also lost on levels (spins level 1 and 2, death spiral level 2). it explains low TES.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
USA pairs teams seem to be ignorant to the fact that to be successful in pairs skating requires a lot of time and patience; it takes so much time for a new pair to gel. Most US teams seem to want quick, short term results and pairs skating does not work that way. You have to be so determined and be in the sport for the long haul and you have to nurture the partnership and give it time and a chance to grow and really connect and relate with one another. More than perhaps any other discipline, it's not just about hitting all the elements; most essentially, it's that 2 shall skate as 1.

This. Times a quintillion.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Ugly does not matter in pairs as much anymore. If they skate clean and others make mistakes, they will be a threat. MTM were so much better last year. I find them boring now. I am much more interested in the Chinese, Russians, Italians and Germans. I hope S/S brings it next grand prix but the Russians are so much better than all their rivals.

thats a joke right ? they have clunky throws and ugly lifts
MTM just beat them and rightfully so. never got the idea how they beta MTM last years nationals

sweetskates1

Medalist
Yes the PCS are again ridiculous.

ROTFL at those PCS for Duhamel & Radford. Thankfully in this case it did not impact the final result which would have been criminal, but still it is that type of scoring why many are tuning out figure skating altogether these days. Also why nobody takes events in Canada seriously anymore.

tulosai

Record Breaker
USA pairs teams seem to be ignorant to the fact that to be successful in pairs skating requires a lot of time and patience; it takes so much time for a new pair to gel. Most US teams seem to want quick, short term results and pairs skating does not work that way. You have to be so determined and be in the sport for the long haul and you have to nurture the partnership and give it time and a chance to grow and really connect and relate with one another. More than perhaps any other discipline, it's not just about hitting all the elements; most essentially, it's that 2 shall skate as 1.

Yeah, agree on all counts. I wonder if part of it is that she is hard for him to lift for some reason. They seem to keep botching lifts at all the competitions. I know they're a new team, but they are both experienced at pairs, I would think the lifts would have a higher success rate. I feel like he put them up better with MBM even very early on and she had no prior lift experience (though those lefts may have been easier than the ones he and Davis are trying).

Either way, like someone else said, I hope this is a mistaken impression (that is, that they are sick of/just tolerating one another already) and that they were just having a bad day.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
ROTFL at those PCS for Duhamel & Radford. Thankfully in this case it did not impact the final result which would have been criminal, but still it is that type of scoring why many are tuning out figure skating altogether these days. Also why nobody takes events in Canada seriously anymore.

anyone who thinks D/R deserve a 66+ needs to see D/R skating, everything is ugly especially her form, look at her lift positions :disapp:
I agree Skate Canada is corrupt so not much would have made a difference if they won on home ice with inflated marks

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Too harsh on D/R. Sure they are not as natural as many other pairs. They were not constantly overscored in the past either.

bekalc

Record Breaker

Honestly, that's why I liked Haven and Brandon. They have some work to do for sure, but I could tell they have skated together for a long time.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Too harsh on D/R. Sure they are not as natural as many other pairs. They were not constantly overscored in the past either.

They had five points on PCS versus the Italians. I'm not sure why the home crowd was booing. And there are quality issues there.