Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program- Skate Canada 2013

tulosai

Record Breaker
Honestly, that's why I liked Haven and Brandon. They have some work to do for sure, but I could tell they have skated together for a long time.

They actually have already split from one another once and then reunited though. I hope this time it sticks.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I guess the point that I am trying to make is that D/R's programs are extremely well constructed. The high caliber of their construction makes the programs worthy of OGM. Whether the skaters have the showmanship and technical skills to do them justice is another thing. I think they were nervous at this home competition and that they are better than they seemed this weekend.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
also why in Skate Canada the crowd boos when their home turn doesnt win ?
can't they see they were not clean, that takes inflation and ignorance to a while new level

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am not sure what their future holds. If she grows anymore they might not even be able to stay together. Personally I think Peng & Zhang have more long range potential despite that he is about to enter his 30s, and plus that #1 Worlds Junior team they have now.

I don't think her height situation is quite that dire. Even with the 'age controversy' and assuming she's 16, she is probably done growing, and I think she could still grow maybe one or two inches with them still able to make it work. More than that, though, I admit would be disastrous.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
They had five points on PCS versus the Italians. I'm not sure why the home crowd was booing. And there are quality issues there.

I said in the past. Of course they were overscored in pcs this time due to (1) world medal reputation bonus point and (2) home turf advantage. In the past, judges did not really like them that much.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am not sure what their future holds. If she grows anymore they might not even be able to stay together. Personally I think Peng & Zhang have more long range potential despite that he is about to enter his 30s, and plus that #1 Worlds Junior team they have now.

height wise and lines, Yu/Jin the current juniors have more potential for the future than Sui/Han

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 193.92
2. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN) - 193.77 Free Skate
3. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 190.62
4. Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) - 159.82 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA) - 158.83 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Lindsay DAVIS / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 153.71 Free Skate
7. Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 149.59 Free Skate
8. Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO (CAN) - 131.39 Free Skate

bekalc

Record Breaker
I guess the point that I am trying to make is that D/R's programs are extremely well constructed. The high caliber of their construction makes the programs worthy of OGM. Whether the skaters have the showmanship and technical skills to do them justice is another thing. I think they were nervous at this home competition and that they are better than they seemed this weekend.

Having jam packed elements or choreography doesn't matter so much if the quality isn't there. And they are highly lacking in quality. Not just in terms of S/S and V/T but in terms of other teams like B/H. Its unfortunate because Radford is a fabulous pairs skater... But she....

As for the booing, its one thing to boo when someone wins with multiple errors. But the home town team was not clean and had a 5 point PCS advantage over the winners who WERE clean. The booing is ridiculous.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Same reason Mexicans booed when their titleholder did not win Miss Universe when it was held in Mexico City. The competition and the results are tied to the sense of national pride. I do not think we understand this passion here in the US; well maybe only New Yorkers that are die-hard Yankees' fans like myself do.

OMG Gracie's SP music is on :no:

can't they see they were not clean, that takes inflation and ignorance to a while new level

elif

Medalist
I don't think her height situation is quite that dire. Even with the 'age controversy' and assuming she's 16, she is probably done growing, and I think she could still grow maybe one or two inches with them still able to make it work. More than that, though, I admit would be disastrous.

She doesn't have breasts but still struggling with side by side jumps. If she grow more like ''Dan Zhang'', lifts going to be problem too.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
As for the booing, its one thing to boo when someone wins with multiple errors. But the home town team was not clean and had a 5 point PCS advantage over the winners who WERE clean. The booing is ridiculous.

this is a constant problem with Skate Canada that needs to be addressed
their crowds are disrespectful, that's why most see SC as the most Shady of all Grand Prix series

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
They probably don't deserve PCS that high with a good skate, never mind with a skate with a lot of mistakes like they had here. Getting PCS way higher than teams who did clean programs for a program with lots of mistakes, and when the female partner has no lines, grace, and is a clunky skater to begin with. Amazing. And to think people complain about V&T's scores.

imagine how their PCS would have been had they skated a better LP, 67+ ? that is a jokers ace there

coolboogie22

Match Penalty

I'm Canadian and I think that we just like to «boos» because we love our canadian skater and wish them the best.
We don't «boos» necessary because we are not agree with the placement (sometimes yes) but in this situation, it's not about that we are not agree with the results, it simply because we are like : «What a shame, they could have do so much better and winning this event» so we are sorry for them and doing «booos» :p

bekalc

Record Breaker
I'm Canadian and I think that we just like to «boos» because we love our canadian skater and wish them the best.
We don't «boos» necessary because we are not agree with the placement (something yes) but in this situation, it's not about that we are not agree with the results, it simply because we are like : «What a shame, they could have do so much better and winning this event» so we are sorry for them and doing «booos» :p

They booed the results. How else is it suppose to look than showing judges your displeasure. B/H DESERVED this win, they got it fair and square, and if anything should have won by more. Its absolutely horrific for the Canadian crowd to take that from them.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
We don't «boos» necessary because we are not agree with the placement (sometimes yes) but in this situation, it's not about that we are not agree with the results, it simply because we are like : «What a shame, they could have do so much better and winning this event» so we are sorry for them and doing «booos» :p

Well that's a flimsy excuse. It shows poor national sportsmanship and maybe a touch of poor national self-esteem. D/R got beaten fair and square, and mainly because they did it to themselves.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 193.92 Free Skate
2. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN) - 193.77 Free Skate
3. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 190.62
4. Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) - 159.82 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA) - 158.83 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Lindsay DAVIS / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 153.71 Free Skate
7. Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 149.59 Free Skate
8. Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO (CAN) - 131.39 Free Skate

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
They booed the results. How else is it suppose to look than showing judges your displeasure. B/H DESERVED this win, they got it fair and square, and if anything should have won by more. Its absolutely horrific for the Canadian crowd to take that from them.

this isn't the first time though, it happens almost in every event
remember Worlds 2013 ?

this issue needs to be addressed skating in Canada