Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
This is my favorite program of the season, the PCS for Amelie are well deserve and it's great to see that Amelie have success to be more calm and focus in her program :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gracie has a new dress. It's pink/purple ombre strapless w/black "shawl" netting over. I like much better than the old one

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
No, Hicks didn't do herself any favors by starting out behind the eight-ball with a poor short program. Or don't you think the SP should count?
Indeed. In MasterB's words, Hicks would have been wise not to throw herself under that Mack truck yesterday.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Go Akiko! I actually think her IN and CH scores should surpass everyone (including the top 3 in the world) but I know that will never happen.

Wilhelmina

On the Ice
I could do without the marabou feathers on Gao's dress, but other than that I think all the ladies in this group have pretty outfits. Akiko's is my favorite. :)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Mixed bag from Christina Gao. Some lovely moments but I counted at least a pop, a double, and a UR. Mostly though, I remain convinced that this music is a poor choice for her--just a mismatch for her skating and the choreo isn't all that strong.

ETA: Gao has never reminded me of Lu Chen. I just don't see any resemblance in either their skating nor their persons. Don't let the Chinese ethnic thing confuse you. ;-)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Christina GAO (USA)

Music: Angels and Demons (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

White lace flowy dress with open back

3F+1T
2A
3Lz+2T - e
StSq
FSSp
2F
3Lo
CCoSp
3S
3T+2T+2Lo
ChSq
FCCoSp

Problems with the flip, other jumps solid. The program is a bit too bleak for her, though it would help if she didn't throw her arm back all the time. Who did this choreo?

FS: 53.95+56.92=110.87, 173.69, in 1st (out of 5)