Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013

tulosai

Record Breaker
The Gracie haters (and skater haters in general) are utterly disgusting.

Gracie was amazing and captivating as always. A couple mistakes, yep. I was still more interested in her skate than anyone else's. Speed, fluid movement and so much maturity for her age. Can't wait to see the rest of her season!

I don't feel like I've seen anyone hating on Gracie here? Posters have been generally respectful and are just telling the truth- she messed up her jumps.

Icey

Record Breaker
Whether Julia can interpret or not, that piece and the way it is choreographed, surely makes it look like she can.:cool:

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
I think this is good for Gracie. Do not want her to leave her Olympic performance at Skate Canada. Best to peak at the right time.

Art&Sport

Medalist
She needs more to learn how to compete and a skater does that by competing and learning

Come on, in order to learn how to compete well under pressure, you've got to compete under pressure! Why wouldn't she want to make the GPF and have an opportunity to go for it under greater pressure.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Gracie GOLD (USA)

Music: Sleeping Beauty by Petr I. Tchaikovski

Pink/purple ombre dress with black details

3Lz+3T
2A - bit scratchy
3Lo - solid
FCoSp
StSq
3F - forward, hangs on, e
3Lz - fall
3S<< - hand down
CCoSp
ChSq
2A+2T+2T
LSp

She gave that lead away, will probably take bronze. I still see improvement from SLC, more softened and refined, not so frantic

FS: 56.09+62.11-1.00=117.20, 186.65, in 3rd overall

biggest bs score ever.

sp was also a bullsh!ting score

Icey

Record Breaker
Come on, in order to learn how to compete well under pressure, you've got to compete under pressure!

That is what I was saying> THe other poster said she would do best not to be in the GPF so she could work more with Frank. I said she needed to compete.

Art&Sport

Medalist
That is what I was saying> THe other poster said she would do best not to be in the GPF so she could work more with Frank. I said she needed to compete.

Yes, sorry Icey. I agree with you and I disagree with Jammers feeling that Gracie shouldn't make the GPF, but needs to work more with Frank. Obviously, Gracie will be working more with Frank but she also needs to compete to gain experience.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Julia is so consistent. So strong this season. She is totally coming on the strongest of any threat to the top 3. 70 Tes In a lp? That's just beyond great and she's one of the best!

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I predicted right!) Congrats to all 3 girls. Good start of the season for them! And I'm beyond happy for a talented Russian girl.. There was a long slump in the ladies field in Russia. =)

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Watching the protocols it seems that Akiko wasn't that far off from Julia.
The underrotation in the 2A-3T-2T and the landing on the 3F really hurt her TES...

bekalc

Record Breaker
Watching the protocols it seems that Akiko wasn't that far off from Julia.
The underrotation in the 2A-3T-2T and the landing on the 3F really hurt her TES...

True. I see Julia's PCS rising as the season progresses, and she wins more stuff...

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Julia LIPNITSKAYA (RUS) - 198.23 Free Skate
2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 193.75
3. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 186.65
4. Christina GAO (USA) - 173.69
5. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 163.11
6. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 162.00
7. Natalia POPOVA (UKR) - 145.88
8. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 138.13
WD Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN)

Art&Sport

Medalist
What?? Sure. unfortunately it is politics, perception, reputation but only sometimes. If it was all the time, then Kwan would have 2 oly golds. With Kwan it WAS all about what she did on the ice for those 4 minutes. That's the way it should be all the time.

Not true IMHO. So many factors are involved. That's what makes figure skating so complicated and difficult a sport to train, to watch, to compete. IMO, throughout Kwan's career, she constantly had to prove herself because there were political factions that didn't really like the fact she was such a consistent winner. In 1998 (pre Kwan's long run of consistency), the politics from some in U.S. fed and some among ISU judges was more behind someone other than Kwan winning gold, i.e., Lipinski (Kwan's countrywoman). There was even a U.S. headline that famously declared: "American beats Kwan."

The only time politics takes a back seat to some degree is when there's a magical, undeniable performance, a la Brian Boitano 1988. Politically, Brian Orser was favored to win (since Brian O really should have won in 1984 when the politics were behind Scott Hamilton). In 1976, with Carlo Fassi as his coach, John Curry had the politics and the magic in his favor. Prior to 1976 Olympics, John was not an overwhelmingly strong competitor.

And the beat goes on ...

LeCygne

Final Flight
I also think it's for the best that Gracie wasn't perfect today. Overall Skate Canada was a step in the right direction. She's learning to take her time with her movements and not rush everything, and the difference was noticeable even though all the jumps were not there today. Going forward, looking at the field at NHK (Mao, Akiko, Satoko, Elena Radionova) she may have a hard time making the final anyway, although I'll be curious to see how she does with all the attention on Mao and the Japanese skaters.

flying camel

Medalist
Well I kind of expected that from Gracie. I sent a message out yesterday about Gracie skating last with the whole world watching. The hardest positions to skate are first and last. Now Gracie knows what its like. She will be better prepared next time. I'm glad it happen here then at the Olympics.

The GPF does not carry the prestige that it use to. Gracie can use the time to train and make fix a few things in her LP.

Gracie is one of those skaters who has to learn to compete. I don't know if she will get it together by February!

Phil Hersh thinks Agnes can challenge someone. According to a source Agnes is planning 1 terrific triple jump for cup of china. I can't wait!