Free Dance Skate Canada 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Free Dance Skate Canada 2013

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Some shaky moments with Stepanova/Bukin but I still see potential. They got some voidy cool lifts. And wow, her legs are long - longer than his, it seems.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Stepanova/Bukin

FD: 36.94+41.55-1.00=77.49, 133.12, in 3rd (out of 3)

Low TES, maybe they didn't get credit for the lift

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think that G/P are a lock unfortunately ( and somewhat unfairly)

Last I heard, Gilles still was waiting for Canadian citizenship. I do not think that it is a slam dunk that she will receive it in time for Sochi.
And even if she does .... Poirier is coming back from an ankle injury, so it is possible that the mileage on their programs will be less than optimal.

I hope that Paul/Islam have a fair shot at Sochi. They are very likable. :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
What kind of story is Zhiganshina/Gazsi trying to tell over their two dances? I'm not sure I get the concept... :confused:

Wilhelmina

On the Ice
I like the lift where Zhiganshina looks like she's going upwards but then winds up balanced on Gazsi's knees. It surprised me!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI

FD: 39.61 +43.64 = 82.25, 138.16 and in 2nd (out of 4)

They got the exact same FD score as Guignard/Fabbri (the germans had lower TES)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Virtue/Moir has new costumes. She in light pink satin dress, looks kinda like a night-slip. He's in black pants and dark red shirt.

I think they can do much better than this, but hopefully we'll see lots of new costumes as the season unfolds.

I feel sad for Zhiganshina/Gazsi. They are great performers but just don't have the technical skill required nowadays in Ice Dance.

And that FD was very unfortunate. Shame because SD choreography was good.