Free Dance Skate Canada 2013 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Free Dance Skate Canada 2013

sweetskates1

Medalist
wow, arrecha!! my grandparents used to listen to tango every day - this took me back. I think the Canadians have chosen great vehicles - I think they will medal despite the Russian push at Sochi.

sweetskates1

Medalist
BUT - their lifts always seem mediocre compared to the other top dance partnerships - why?

wow, arrecha!! my grandparents used to listen to tango every day - this took me back. I think the Canadians have chosen great vehicles - I think they will medal despite the Russian push at Sochi.

riceplate

On the Ice
Well that flew by fast. :p I love that rotational lift towards the end where she is in a stag position wrapping her hands around his neck.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
BUT - their lifts always seem mediocre compared to the other top dance partnerships - why?
Kaitlyn is very tall, I imagine it's probably difficult to do some of the more acrobatic lifts that D/W and V/M do.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Weaver/Poje (CAN)

FD: 51.76+53.21=104.88 (PB), 175.23 (PB), and in 1st (out of 7)

They're of course happy with the scores. Olympic bronze candidates for sure

The one thing I don't like about W/P's FD is the vocals in the music.

I know what you mean. At first I was trying to make something of the vocals. But as the program developed, the skaters worked the attention back on themselves. Masterful performance. :rock:

tulosai

Record Breaker
V/M's program has grown on me since I last saw it. I feel I'm getting what they are trying to convey better now. I still prefer D/W's FD at this time.

sweetskates1

Medalist
V/M have some great lifts!! Their costumes should change again - do not like the generic burgundy with black on Moir and I think the pink color is beautiful on Tessa but it looks like a slip. I think that it feels so empty, there is something missing.. I don't know..

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Very nice skate by Virtue/Moir, lifts and twizzles much better than at Finlandia and the SD. Still needs more polishing to get the level of cleanliness of D/W.

Don't like the salute at the end - what does that symbolize? Isn't the FD suppose to be presenting the seasons of relationship between a (seasoned) woman and man? More looked like a young couple dancing before doing the national song at high school...

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
V/M's FD looks like a lesser version of Mahler, it's pretty to look at, but I can't help thinking that they did this much better in 2010. I preferred W/P.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
good FD for W/P silver or bronze Olympics medal in the running
V/M meh still imprecise on lifts

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Virtue/Moir (CAN)

FD: 51.42+57.46-1=107.88, 181.03, and 1st overall

They don't look ecstatic, but not disappointed either