Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Julia Lipnitskaia :P I know-I know

Custom Title
    I enjoy your blunt honesty & sarcasm, once I got used to your style…
    As much as I love Zijun li, I agree that her skating skills is also weak, like most Chinese skaters (Han Yan excluded).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Monkey , dog peeing, squid ,troll , horse and now cat. Just stop it with the negative comparisons to animals or mythical creatures.
    she is definitely has a fetish mostly for domesticated animals

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I'm starting to think Julia may not lose her jumps. Maria B stayed very slim even into her 20s so if Julia's build is like Maria's she might not have problems. However, I think it may be harder for her to rotate the 3/3s when she gets taller unless she jumps bigger.
    Julia might learn to jump higher when and if she grows taller, but I don't think she will grow much taller anyways. The long bones (legs and arms) grow before the trunk of the body and Julia's proportions are already very balanced, unless she is genetically predisposed to having a very long torso in proportion to her arms and legs, I'd be surprised if she grew more than an inch or two. If you look at the podium pictures, she looks pretty similar height and weight wise to Akiko who is 28, just because the girl is really thin, doesn't necessarily mean she will grow a lot taller and/or gain a bunch of weight. Further, Julia debuted on the JGP younger than most due to her June birthday, she was just 13 her first international season, but unlike a lot of the wonderbabies we see, Julia actually looked like a 13 year old girl that season as opposed to some of the others who look about 9 or 10 physically. So for a figure skater, she may have passed the adjustment phase earlier than most and appears also to have been blessed with a more gradual growing path and favorable genetics/body type for a female skater, which would explain why she does so well as a 15 year old. Mao and Yuna were both the same way and were having great success on the senior level at the ages of 15 and 16 too.

Custom Title
    My thoughts on Julia's future prospect...

Maybe not all, but most skaters, even the top ones, lose a little bit of consistency as they grow and mature in their senior years that they had in their junior years. Some lose only a little bit and others a bit more. So chances are... Julia might lose a bit of her monstrous consistency. I mean the word monstrous in a positive way since it's a good thing to have such consistency We don't know yet. Only time will tell. She might maintain most of her consistency since she has such fast rotation and good position in the air or she might lose a bit more than fans would like, since her jumps are not big. The good thing is... she will also continue to improve artistically as most skaters do with age. So in the end, she will maintain the same level overall and score about the same or a bit higher, and that will be enough to keep her as one of the top contenders in any competitions.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10