Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Julia Lipnitskaia :P I know-I know

Custom Title
    Julia says they have learnt new difficult spin variations. That she'll try them this year if she will make them on practices and feel sure about them! She said she did one variation on practice on SC and the judges clapped her

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Julia says they have learnt new difficult spin variations. That she'll try them this year if she will make them on practices and feel sure about them! She said she did one variation on practice on SC and the judges clapped her
    Is there any videos anywhere? Would love to see them...

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Is there any videos anywhere? Would love to see them...
    "Julia Lipnitskaya will skate "Kill Bill" in SC Gala where she plans to show her new spins."

I just finished watching Julia's FP again on high-def television, and honestly, her jumps are so small and she's just muscling through them. She's really lucky to be so tiny. I watched Gracie right after and she's really a far superior jumper. But of course, Julia's upper body strength and flexibility is just amazing.

Custom Title
    Another hyped up Russian girl whose jumps are so questionable it is ridiculous some are calling the next skating god.

This girl is consistent. That's all. Watch her performance again and tell me she understands what she is skating to. It is clever music and she goes thru the motion like a child and people said she is now expressive. What a joke!

She is very good indeed, but saying she can challenge kostner or mao is premature, because we have not seen Kostner Yet. I am sorry, but Kostner's 2013 WC performance with two mistakes should beat Julia's skate Canada win. If kostner rotates 5 triples , her jumps and technique are better and PCS, sorry no judge should put Julia close to kostner on PCS. So, my point is Julia is very good, but saying she can challenged Kostner is premature.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Another hyped up Russian girl whose jumps are so questionable it is ridiculous some are calling the next skating god.

This girl is consistent. That's all. Watch her performance again and tell me she understands what she is skating to. It is clever music and she goes thru the motion like a child and people said she is now expressive. What a joke!
    Whether or not she expresses it adequately in your or anyone's opinion, she understands what she's skating to. She chose the music after watching Schindler's list and being moved by the little girl in the red coat's story. Given that, I don't think there can be much doubt that she knows what she's skating to and what she's trying to convey. Again if she is doing so or could do so better is a different question.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    She is very good indeed, but saying she can challenge kostner or mao is premature, because we have not seen Kostner Yet. I am sorry, but Kostner's 2013 WC performance with two mistakes should beat Julia's skate Canada win. If kostner rotates 5 triples , her jumps and technique are better and PCS, sorry no judge should put Julia close to kostner on PCS. So, my point is Julia is very good, but saying she can challenged Kostner is premature.
    Nobody says there that she'll win or smth. I'm happy with her consistency AND talent. That's it. I know her flows, but she is young. She could be great, she could be not. Nobody knows - only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Nobody says there that she'll win or smth. I'm happy with her consistency AND talent. That's it. I know her flows, but she is young. She could be great, she could be not. Nobody knows - only time will tell.
    And I agree with you, she is good. But I was responding to the people who are saying she can challenge Mao or Carolina for a medal. Like I said premature, we have seen Carolina skate Yet

Custom Title
    I think the podium is already decided between Kim (if she recovered well and showup), Asada and Kostner. Maybe if one of them bomb, next in line will be Akiko or Ashley, judging the PCS given so far. So anyone who wants jump pass them, have to overcome the 15+ PCS deficit and def going to needs some luck and help from them. But if Julia skates solid and the top ladies didn't make any major mistakes, i could see her anywhere from 4th to 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    I think the podium is already decided between Kim (if she recovered well and showup), Asada and Kostner. Maybe if one of them bomb, next in line will be Akiko or Ashley, judging the PCS given so far. So anyone who wants jump pass them, have to overcome the 15+ PCS deficit and def going to needs some luck and help from them. But if Julia skates solid and the top ladies didn't make any major mistakes, i could see her anywhere from 4th to 6th.
    I don't know. I think if they skate well, Kim, Asada, Kostner are the podium, but I think after that nobody's decided. The Olympics will be in Russia, and I really think if Julia continues to skate well her PCS will continue to rise . There's something very special about this program and I think it could potential create a real moment in Sochi.

Her long program also scored very well, I think around Kostner's personal best long. In fact right now Julia's total best score is higher than Kostner's total best.. Julia lands stuff, and that could very well lead to a medal for her in Sochi. Gold-I don't see if Kim is healthy.

What I'm saying is Julia may have a better shot at a medal than we may think she does... Kostner and Asada both ARE amazing skaters, and I'm not sure Julia will ever reach their level. However, this is a competition, and if Kostner skates the way she did at Worlds, she may open the door for Julia if Julia's perfect.

At the end of the day its sort of like Abbott vs Evan. Abbott's the better skater, but we all knew Evan was more likely to skate well in the competition pressure zone. Kostner though has improved a lot in this aspect so hopefully she'll skate well and get the medal, I'd love to see her have.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I don't know. I think if they skate well, Kim, Asada, Kostner are the podium, but I think after that nobody's decided. The Olympics will be in Russia, and I really think if Julia continues to skate well her PCS will continue to rise . There's something very special about this program and I think it could potential create a real moment in Sochi.

Her long program also scored very well, I think around Kostner's personal best long. In fact right now Julia's total best score is higher than Kostner's total best.. Julia lands stuff, and that could very well lead to a medal for her in Sochi. Gold-I don't see if Kim is healthy.

What I'm saying is Julia may have a better shot at a medal than we may think she does... Kostner and Asada both ARE amazing skaters, and I'm not sure Julia will ever reach their level. However, this is a competition, and if Kostner skates the way she did at Worlds, she may open the door for Julia if Julia's perfect.

At the end of the day its sort of like Abbott vs Evan. Abbott's the better skater, but we all knew Evan was more likely to skate well in the competition pressure zone. Kostner though has improved a lot in this aspect so hopefully she'll skate well and get the medal, I'd love to see her have.
    Interesting, indeed! So she reached her potential? And I thought she was a talented junior starting to compete on the big stage..

I don't think a 15 year old skater has any ability to interpret that music and she didn't. I don't get the fuss.

Just remember that Anne Frank was 14 when she wrote the majority of the diary that has moved millions of readers.

I am disappointed with the dismissive attitude people are taking towards Julia for her skating/performance on account of her age. One can say that she might fail to interpret the music 100% (although I would like actual reasons in thinking so rather than empty declarations), but there were moments where she definitely hit the right tone and expression. She was certainly better than 17-year-old Gracie and her Life is Beautiful... (sorry, I do like Gracie, but.)

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Just remember that Anne Frank was 14 when she wrote the majority of the diary that has moved millions of readers.

I am disappointed with the dismissive attitude people are taking towards Julia for her skating/performance on account of her age. One can say that she might fail to interpret the music 100% (although I would like actual reasons in thinking so rather than empty declarations), but there were moments where she definitely hit the right tone and expression. She was certainly better than 17-year-old Gracie and her Life is Beautiful... (sorry, I do like Gracie, but.)
    Exactly, she's not portraying an adult of a Holocaust, she's purposely trying to portray a child of the Holocaust, and unfortunately there were many child victims. Its not just an adult issue, and Julia's performance shows that. And I do get the impression she understands it too.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast