Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Julia Lipnitskaia :P I know-I know

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    In a weird way I feel Gracie's slightly more likely to go clean because she's still knew on the circuit. Kostner is well improving competition wise but she's been on the circuit longer than anyone....Lightning could strike but...
    Fair enough. That is a good point. Also being Frank Carroll, who knows what magic he can work on Gold and her competitive psyche. We saw what he did with Evan, who is a less talented skater than Gold (although probably even more determined).

Mashimaro on Ice
    Julia has two good competitions and all of a sudden she is known as being as consistent as Kim? First, let's see how she does later on in the season. She hasn't even yet competed at a big senior competition. She definitely has a chance but it's too early in the season to make any conclusions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Julia has two good competitions and all of a sudden she is known as being as consistent as Kim? First, let's see how she does later on in the season. She hasn't even yet competed at a big senior competition. She definitely has a chance but it's too early in the season to make any conclusions.
    It isnt just her early season this year. In her dominant junior season of 2011-2012 she practically never missed a jump. Last year she went her growth spurt and for the first time ever for her clean programs were hard to come by. However even then she was still most consistent than most, although we saw how she is the kind of skater who needs to skate cleanly to do well.

The fact she has already gone through her growth spurt pretty much and still has all her triples intact is a huge plus for her future in the sport. This is a hurdle Radiaonova has not yet cleared. She can now focus on improving as a skater. The consistency that made her famous as a junior is already back in full.

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    We have not seen what Carolina has to offer and if last years worlds are any indication, she can beat perfect Julia with a mistake in the short and 2 in the long

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    It isnt just her early season this year. In her dominant junior season of 2011-2012 she practically never missed a jump. Last year she went her growth spurt and for the first time ever for her clean programs were hard to come by. However even then she was still most consistent than most, although we saw how she is the kind of skater who needs to skate cleanly to do well.

The fact she has already gone through her growth spurt pretty much and still has all her triples intact is a huge plus for her future in the sport. This is a hurdle Radiaonova has not yet cleared. She can now focus on improving as a skater. The consistency that made her famous as a junior is already back in full.
    In fact, IIRC, in that season she did not miss any jumps in competition. It was such a relief to watch her, I could finally not worry if someone was going to fall.

Last year, despite her injuries, she was also more consistent than the vast majority of the current field.

I really like Julia, but don't defend her on certain points where either YMMV or she still does have weaknesses. However, I will definitely defend her consistency to the death, as well as her spins (except for when they travel badly, which happens very rarely).

Custom Title
    How do you like her ex at SC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS3PW9KZjWE

To me, she does not capture the music or the spirit at all, but I did see her new innovative spin. The music simply is not her style.
    Radionova's ex was far more entertaining and better performed.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I feel sad for her because in a year this girl will be trashed like old newspaper, making room for another 12yo who can jump.
    True, by this time next year she might balloon out beyond all recognition. Luckily for her the Olympics are this year when she is in her prime.

As for her interpretation of Schindler's List., OK, so she's a little girl not a Holocaust Survivor. She saw a movie that inspired her. I thought she did just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    True, by this time next year she might balloon out beyond all recognition. Luckily for her the Olympics are this year when she is in her prime.

As for her interpretation of Schindler's List., OK, so she's a little girl not a Holocaust Survivor. She saw a movie that inspired her. I thought she did just fine.
    Agreed!

Custom Title
    Julia at 15 still has some growing to do and her body will continue to change for another couple years at least. If that happens those small jumps might disappear and she will just be another skater who peaked in her mid teens and went downhill.

^ May be, but the Sochi Olympics are in February, not in another couple of years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    We have not seen what Carolina has to offer and if last years worlds are any indication, she can beat perfect Julia with a mistake in the short and 2 in the long
    Carolina's total score from Worlds last year was virtually a tie with what Julia did at Skate Canada. Scores escalate in a season even for similar skates. So on the contrary, skating on home ice like she did at Skate Canada, and Kostner skating as she did at Worlds, Julia will most likely come out on top.

Come to think of it Julia is probably an even stronger medal contender for Sochi than I originally thought.

Custom Title
    Julia is making noticeable improvements, which is all one can ask of her. She still isn't my favorite Russian, but I have to admire her competitiveness. Her choreography is also starting to improve because she seems to focus more on how her body should move to the music rather than randomly sticking her foot over her head. I'm indifferent as to whether she or Liza go to Sochi, but I'd really like to see Adelina there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ May be, but the Sochi Olympics are in February, not in another couple of years.
    15yo girls grow like weed. In 2 months you can go from mosquito bite to elene g.

Timing is everything for these itty bitty girls. I doubt this chic is anywhere near podium at her absolute best. This chic has the same solemn face since mao beat her with 3 triples. She already looks like she got a one way train ticket to auschwitz all the time, so when schinder's list is playing, it doesnt take any facial muscle movement to get into character.

Custom Title
    I like everything about this girl Julia. I can't say enough how much I loved her costume! Even though she was still rough edged in artistic aspect, she is the one to watch this season. Congratulations, Julia!

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    15yo girls grow like weed. In 2 months you can go from mosquito bite to elene g.
    Yes, and she was going to grow and not be able to jump anymore last year and the year before that and the year before that too. Incredible.

Surely the second part of your post could be said less offensively.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast