Julia Lipnitskaia :P I know-I know | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Julia Lipnitskaia :P I know-I know

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fair enough. That is a good point. Also being Frank Carroll, who knows what magic he can work on Gold and her competitive psyche. We saw what he did with Evan, who is a less talented skater than Gold (although probably even more determined).

Not sure if Evan was such a great competitor because he was with Frank or if he always had that in him. And Frank couldn't help Mirai become a better competitor even though he did make her a better skater. It's up to the skater in the end. You either want it so bad that you don't allow anything to stand in your way or you shrink from the pressure.

RABID

Final Flight
Julia has two good competitions and all of a sudden she is known as being as consistent as Kim? First, let's see how she does later on in the season. She hasn't even yet competed at a big senior competition. She definitely has a chance but it's too early in the season to make any conclusions.

You may be right (I hope so), but while Julia was strutting her stuff in impressive fashion I couldn't help but think, where is Kim? She needed to be there just to remind the judges that she is still the "standard". The last time she took time off the sport was kind of in the doldrums but now... All of sudden we have an interesting competitive season and you know what they say, out of site, out of mind. Julia's skate was mind blowing; mature, technically brilliant and filled with WOW. By my reckoning hers is the most impressive skate this early into the season and has to give pause to many in their podium predictions for the rest of the season and that includes Sochi.

Oreo

On the Ice
I like everything about this girl Julia. I can't say enough how much I loved her costume! Even though she was still rough edged in artistic aspect, she is the one to watch this season. Congratulations, Julia!

I agree! Her costume was the first Russian ladies' one I've actually really liked--ever.

heyang

Record Breaker
This is the 1st time I've watched Julia skate. I was impressed. Her performance of Schindler's List reminded me of Michele's Salome, as in seeing the development of artistry in the performance. By the end of the season, Michele won her 1st World's at the age of 15 1/2.

If Julia develops her artistry further before the Olympics and medal contenders falter, she could be in the mix for a medal IMHO.

She impressed me more thank Oksana Bauil at the same age.

As others have mentioned, I think her future in skating will be highly dependent on the development of her figure. Just as Oksana experienced problems as her figure developed, Julia may or may not have a similar issue. So, if she does continue to skate after Sochi, we'll have to wait and see what she looks like next year.

tulosai

Record Breaker
This is the 1st time I've watched Julia skate. I was impressed. Her performance of Schindler's List reminded me of Michele's Salome, as in seeing the development of artistry in the performance. By the end of the season, Michele won her 1st World's at the age of 15 1/2.

If Julia develops her artistry further before the Olympics and medal contenders falter, she could be in the mix for a medal IMHO.

She impressed me more thank Oksana Bauil at the same age.

As others have mentioned, I think her future in skating will be highly dependent on the development of her figure. Just as Oksana experienced problems as her figure developed, Julia may or may not have a similar issue. So, if she does continue to skate after Sochi, we'll have to wait and see what she looks like next year.

I thinkbarring OGM she will continue after Sochi. She is a true competitor, she will want to be officially 'the best'.

thinspread

On the Ice
15yo girls grow like weed. In 2 months you can go from mosquito bite to elene g.

Timing is everything for these itty bitty girls. I doubt this chic is anywhere near podium at her absolute best. This chic has the same solemn face since mao beat her with 3 triples. She already looks like she got a one way train ticket to auschwitz all the time, so when schinder's list is playing, it doesnt take any facial muscle movement to get into character.

No.... People around her will be closely watching her diet, at least until the end of the season. Also it's quite possible that she's already done with the major part of growing. She doesn't have that child face anymore. She's still small, but not tiny, being almost as tall as Suzuki.

I feel that she will be competitive at the Olympics, as the girl seems unflappable. I'm not sure about past-Sochi though, as she will fill out inevitably and those small jumps might prevent her from becoming a dominant lady.

I think Gracie Gold too will do well at Sochi. She often looks coltish, but seems like a motivated learner. She would be able to improve her LP consistency, if she drop that penchee move into the second lutz.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Alot of you forget Julia already went through her major growth spurt. That was all of last season, and she noticeably struggled as a result. She has barely grown any since the end of last season which indicates she is probably either done or almost done growing. The hardest part is already over and she has already passed. She can now focus on improving as a skater.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Alot of you forget Julia already went through her major growth spurt. That was all of last season, and she noticeably struggled as a result. She has barely grown any since the end of last season which indicates she is probably either done or almost done growing. The hardest part is already over and she has already passed. She can now focus on improving as a skater.

I think people are talking about her growing fatter, due to puberty and due to just plain old not being 15 anymore, not necessarily taller.

gmyers

Record Breaker
15yo girls grow like weed. In 2 months you can go from mosquito bite to elene g.

Timing is everything for these itty bitty girls. I doubt this chic is anywhere near podium at her absolute best. This chic has the same solemn face since mao beat her with 3 triples. She already looks like she got a one way train ticket to auschwitz all the time, so when schinder's list is playing, it doesnt take any facial muscle movement to get into character.

Lol! This is so sad. Ha ha. Julia won SC! Your post is Ridiculous! Lol. Must be a nightmare for you. Ha ha. Julia was successful! She won!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Lol! This is so sad. Ha ha. Julia won SC! Your post is Ridiculous! Lol. Must be a nightmare for you. Ha ha. Julia was successful! She won!

One can see how a fan of a skater who couldnt win a single senior ISU Championship gold ever would be jealous and bitter of someone who already has their first at only 15. :p

FlattFan

Match Penalty
One can see how a fan of a skater who couldnt win a single senior ISU Championship gold ever would be jealous and bitter of someone who already has their first at only 15. :p

No one is jealous of a 15yo Russian girl. To be frank, she's a sad little girl in a declining sport. In a few years, all she could hope for is running a zamboni machine in some sad town in sad Russia. Check back and see what Flatt will be doing then. See who needs to be jealous.

I hate the way skating is going, and this girl is the example of all things wrong in this system.

bekalc

Record Breaker
No one is jealous of a 15yo Russian girl. To be frank, she's a sad little girl in a declining sport. In a few years, all she could hope for is running a zamboni machine in some sad town in sad Russia. Check back and see what Flatt will be doing then. See who needs to be jealous.

I hate the way skating is going, and this girl is the example of all things wrong in this system.

Skating is doing well in Russia...Shows like Ice Age are very popular...People go to shows. Something tells me Julia will do okay.. There's also coaching too.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Skating is doing well in Russia...Shows like Ice Age are very popular...People go to shows. Something tells me Julia will do okay.. There's also coaching too.

But is Flatt jealous of this girl? Are people serious?
Am I jealous of this girl? Haha, ok.

bekalc

Record Breaker
But is Flatt jealous of this girl? Are people serious?
Am I jealous of this girl? Haha, ok.

Fine. But I think its a bit unfair to make a comment that suggests that Julia and her family haven't planned for her future after the sport.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The better question is does Flatt even have time to be jealous?

Some people insisted that Flatt or her fans are jealous. You have critical things to say, therefore, you are jealous. That kind of 2nd grade logic is running amok recently.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Fine. But I think its a bit unfair to make a comment that suggests that Julia and her family haven't planned for her future after the sport.

It was a hyperbolic response to wild accusation. Nothing more.
I have no idea what her future is.