Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Julia Lipnitskaia :P I know-I know

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Skating is doing well in Russia...Shows like Ice Age are very popular...People go to shows. Something tells me Julia will do okay.. There's also coaching too.
    But is Flatt jealous of this girl? Are people serious?
    Am I jealous of this girl? Haha, ok.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    The better question is does Flatt even have time to be jealous?

Fine. But I think its a bit unfair to make a comment that suggests that Julia and her family haven't planned for her future after the sport.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    The better question is does Flatt even have time to be jealous?
    Some people insisted that Flatt or her fans are jealous. You have critical things to say, therefore, you are jealous. That kind of 2nd grade logic is running amok recently.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Fine. But I think its a bit unfair to make a comment that suggests that Julia and her family haven't planned for her future after the sport.
    It was a hyperbolic response to wild accusation. Nothing more.
    I have no idea what her future is.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    You should really clean your cat's litter box.

Custom Title
    These low brow attacks are very amusing. It's like you can't come up with witty snark, so you use old faithful, the cat lady put down. Very clever. Ashley Wagner has company.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    True, by this time next year she might balloon out beyond all recognition. Luckily for her the Olympics are this year when she is in her prime.

As for her interpretation of Schindler's List., OK, so she's a little girl not a Holocaust Survivor. She saw a movie that inspired her. I thought she did just fine.
    I'm impressed she was inspired by Schindler's list . The costuming was superb. I thought she was very engaging. Timing is everything in life and the Olympics are now! Be where you are...

Custom Title
    15yo girls grow like weed. In 2 months you can go from mosquito bite to elene g.

Timing is everything for these itty bitty girls. I doubt this chic is anywhere near podium at her absolute best. This chic has the same solemn face since mao beat her with 3 triples. She already looks like she got a one way train ticket to auschwitz all the time, so when schinder's list is playing, it doesnt take any facial muscle movement to get into character.
    Maybe, maybe not. Michelle Kwan won Worlds at age 15 and, well, you know the rest. I liked Julia's performance very much. And since when does getting into character matter that much under the IJS? The current Queen, Yu Na Kim, is pretty stoic, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    You should really clean your cat's litter box.

Custom Title
    my take is Julia has a chance.
    the big 3 or top3 is YUNA, MAO, CAROLINA KOSTNER,
    After them comes the next batch which could upset 1-or all 3 depending on skates

they are in my opinion
    both of the russian ladies whichever 2 makes it to the olympics
    adelina, julia, elizaveta

the 2 u.s. ladies primarily

ashley, & graces

2 other japanese ladies

miki, kanako, akiko whomever makes the team

and
    possible

kaetlyn

very dark horse i have to see her skate to be sure outside shot zijun li. from what i heard in preview wasn't good. so cup of china will be a test

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    my take is Julia has a chance.
    the big 3 or top3 is YUNA, MAO, CAROLINA KOSTNER,
    After them comes the next batch which could upset 1-or all 3 depending on skates

they are in my opinion
    both of the russian ladies whichever 2 makes it to the olympics
    adelina, julia, elizaveta

the 2 u.s. ladies primarily

ashley, & graces

2 other japanese ladies

miki, kanako, akiko whomever makes the team

and
    possible

kaetlyn

very dark horse i have to see her skate to be sure outside shot zijun li. from what i heard in preview wasn't good. so cup of china will be a test
    I agree with your list, aside from maybe Kaetlyn. Adelina, Julia, Ashley, Gracie, and the Japanese women are all capable of surpassing 200 (~68 + ~132) if absolutely perfect. Carolina has not surpassed that internationally (although she is capable of doing so) and Mao only does so occasionally. From what we have seen so far this season, I think Ashley has the best chance of breaking through because she is relatively steady and has a good reputation with the judges.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I agree with your list, aside from maybe Kaetlyn. Adelina, Julia, Ashley, Gracie, and the Japanese women are all capable of surpassing 200 (~68 + ~132) if absolutely perfect. Carolina has not surpassed that internationally (although she is capable of doing so) and Mao only does so occasionally. From what we have seen so far this season, I think Ashley has the best chance of breaking through because she is relatively steady and has a good reputation with the judges.
    I disagree about the Japanese girls, i.e. Kanako. I think the highest chance to become 3d has Ashley because of her consistency + good presentation. Then comes Julia. Gracie could be easily on the podium if she were clean in both pograms. I don't believe in Adelina. She has good PCS but bad jumps + she is inconsistent
    Last edited by Mathman; 10-28-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    deleted

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Kanako would have to get through 2 programs with absolutely no < calls to crack the 200 barrier. Good luck on that.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast