Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Julia Lipnitskaia :P I know-I know

I actually really like Julia's Schindler's List program and it is perfect that she is doing now when she can skate to the music from the point of view of the little girl in the film.
    I posted earlier that when I saw her jumps on high-def television, it really was clear how small her jumps were, but upon watching her again, I also noticed that her edges have really improved from last season. So yeah, while I still think that there's a possibility she's going to lose her jumps later on, right now, she is doing really well.

Custom Title
    I'm starting to think Julia may not lose her jumps. Maria B stayed very slim even into her 20s so if Julia's build is like Maria's she might not have problems. However, I think it may be harder for her to rotate the 3/3s when she gets taller unless she jumps bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I'm starting to think Julia may not lose her jumps. Maria B stayed very slim even into her 20s so if Julia's build is like Maria's she might not have problems. However, I think it may be harder for her to rotate the 3/3s when she gets taller unless she jumps bigger.
    Yeah, she has always reminded me of a Sasha Cohen body type and her body is very like Sasha's at that age. Of course, anything could happen, but I really do think she may survive her growth.

Custom Title
    It's no comparison but Julia's program made me miss I/K's Schindler's List even more. Elena was 16 then, and I would have to say, she was a lot more mature performance-wise. That being said, Julia suits this program, albeit the program itself being on the CoP's required empty side. This girl is going to be amazing in four years if she gets her edge problem under control.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yeah, she has always reminded me of a Sasha Cohen body type and her body is very like Sasha's at that age. Of course, anything could happen, but I really do think she may survive her growth.
    I agree.

Banned
    Julia has already grown. Most or all of her growth spurt is over and she survived it. She is not going to lose her jumps now, and those who keep saying she will are mostly wishful thinkers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Julia has already grown. Most or all of her growth spurt is over and she survived it. She is not going to lose her jumps now, and those who keep saying she will are mostly wishful thinkers.
    yep they have been saying that since she was 13
    and have written her off that she wont make Sochi 2014 facing puberty and with Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Tarasova said the same at Nats! She said it's rare to have such a good build

Custom Title
    Whether Julia survives her growth is one thing; we should not overlook the larger picture: if you have been following what is going one with ladies JGP this year, you probably have noticed lots of promising younger Russian girls who are as strong as Julia (maybe not the flexibility part), and some of them demonstrated better skating skills and presentation, and Polina Edmunds is also a future force who probably also survived puberty. So in the next few years, I may see a number of Julia like skaters, and her prominence will be somehow buried.

Custom Title
    Someone with really weak skating skills should never be so heavily promoted.
    Her skating skill should be in the 4s range. Even weaker than Zijun Li's.

Open your eyes and watch her edge and turn. It's like a juvenile cat, scratchy on ice, but somehow manage to land on her feet. That is not figure skating.

Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Whether Julia survives her growth is one thing; we should not overlook the larger picture: if you have been following what is going one with ladies JGP this year, you probably have noticed lots of promising younger Russian girls who are as strong as Julia (maybe not the flexibility part), and some of them demonstrated better skating skills and presentation, and Polina Edmunds is also a future force who probably also survived puberty. So in the next few years, I may see a number of Julia like skaters, and her prominence will be somehow buried.
    None of them are as consistent as Julia, and Redionova (while a VERY strong performer) is likely to fall to puberty in terms of the jumps at least for a season or two. I would love to be wrong about that but she is all twig legs now, and her body is going to drastically change in the next few years. In addition, Julia's skating skills are improving, slowly but surely. Her edging is better this year than it's been in the past, as are her presentation and interpretation (note I am not saying any of these things are stellar, just that it is denial to say they are not improving). Her speed is okay. Not great but not slow either- average for an elite skater or a bit above.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    right, your probably one of those who didnt even thought he'd have a chance in Sochi and survive puberty by 2014
    she has been growing and has survived so far luckily her growth is not abrupt every year, and those other prominent younger juniors have a higher chance of not surviving, Radionova's legs, Medvedeva's skating skills, Proklova is still the size of a flea. I have been following Julia since she was eleven and her biggest assest she has always been consistent , how many can say they medal in a GP series and a junior world medal in a season suffering from 3 successive injuries ?

also it doesn't negate what Julia has been doing now
    and like it or not she even has a higher chance of making the Olympics than Tuk or Sotnikova

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Someone with really weak skating skills should never be so heavily promoted.
    Her skating skill should be in the 4s range. Even weaker than Zijun Li's.

Open your eyes and watch her edge and turn. It's like a juvenile cat, scratchy on ice, but somehow manage to land on her feet. That is not figure skating.
    Monkey , dog peeing, squid ,troll , horse and now cat. Just stop it with the negative comparisons to animals or mythical creatures.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    right, your probably one of those who didnt even thought he'd have a chance in Sochi and survive puberty by 2014
    she has been growing and has survived so far luckily her growth is not abrupt every year, and those other prominent younger juniors have a higher chance of not surviving, Radionova's legs, Medvedeva's skating skills, Proklova is still the size of a flea. I have been following Julia since she was eleven and her biggest assest she has always been consistent , how many can say they medal in a GP series and a junior world medal in a season suffering from 3 successive injuries ?

also it doesn't negate what Julia has been doing now
    and like it or not she even has a higher chance of making the Olympics than Tuk or Sotnikova
    You are reading too much from my words. What I am saying is I don't know whether she will survive puberty or not. Ya, if people don't agree with you that she DEFINITELY HAVE survived puberty, they are sending a curse to her. That's called selective perception.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Her skating skill should be in the 4s range.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Monkey , dog peeing, squid ,troll , horse and now cat. Just stop it with the negative comparisons to animals or mythical creatures.
    It would be okay if she got compared to a mythical* creature.

*Gumby is not mythical.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast