Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program

Becki

Medalist
I LOVED Chan's costume. and I hated Abbott's- too clingy in all the wrong places and made him look big. Hanyu's doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others, but I was more bothered by how incredibly skinny he looks.

Although I do agree that tight-fitting costumes makes Yuzu look "incredibly skinny", BUT he's a very skinny person in reality. So even without the tight-fitting costume, he'll still look pretty skinny.

And regarding the comment about Yuzu looking like an adolescent boy, i.e. 14 years old, I think it's genetics - the kid barely has any facial hair (or none at all), a typical characteristic of manhood. I honestly don't think Yuzu will lose his youthful looks anytime soon, but since it's his skating that will be judged, and not physical appearance, Yuzu should be fine. I still consider him a strong contender for the OGM - because I am a huggeeeee fan and also, I think he has all the talent in the world to become a gold medalist.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Hi Hikki! :) I totally agree with you re Patrick. and Oda is adorable. My kids loved it that Hannyu needs his Pooh but to me he looks too young still- he's SO skinny and adolescent looking he reminds me of my 14 year old. I think he needs a little more seasoning before he should be considered a true contender.

Hi wordsworthgirl :) Your son must be an adorable! As for Hannyu's looks, as Becki said it must be genetics so that's that, but there's gotta be outfits that showcase his youthfulness without looking girly. I'm a gay man and I'm all for being who you are. It's just that for top international athletes like Hannyu (and upcoming Machida and Brown), I wish there was someone who manages those awkward teenage years we've all had.

I rambled too much, didn't I? Which three Japanese men do you think/want to go to Sochi?

it's his skating that will be judged, and not physical appearance, Yuzu should be fine. I still consider him a strong contender for the OGM - because I am a huggeeeee fan and also, I think he has all the talent in the world to become a gold medalist.

You're so enthusiastic! He's such a fierce competitor and I bet he'll nail those quads and the triple axel with the crazy entry/exist and make me shut up :)

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Agree! He will never be as great as Yagudin. Patrick kinda bores me....I am pulling for Daisuke to win Gold at Sochi.

Back in the day Yagudin was great but that was then, this is now. Dai doesn't have a chance - I find him very overrated. I like his musicality & some of his footwork is wonderful but his jumps have been gone for a while now & he's technically sloppy.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Back in the day Yagudin was great but that was then, this is now. Dai doesn't have a chance - I find him very overrated. I like his musicality & some of his footwork is wonderful but his jumps have been gone for a while now & he's technically sloppy.

I think the years have wore out Dai when it comes to his jumps. He's not 22 anymore.