Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program

sweetskates1

Medalist
I think Adam is #1 this year - we will see it all unfold shortly.

Right now there is no number 1 US man. They are all inconsistent or have major weaknesses. Jeremy is just a headcase Josh is 18 and learning Adam doesn't skate big and doesn't have a consistent quad and Max without his quads is no threat to anyone and Jason doesn't have the quad yet. Any one of these men could be number 1 or drop to number 8.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Right now there is no number 1 US man. They are all inconsistent or have major weaknesses. Jeremy is just a headcase Josh is 18 and learning Adam doesn't skate big and doesn't have a consistent quad and Max without his quads is no threat to anyone and Jason doesn't have the quad yet. Any one of these men could be number 1 or drop to number 8.

Agreed. and all have potential to be on the Nationals podium if they skate clean. I do think Adam and Jeremy are the most complete skaters and with clean skates could be on World or Olympic podium. I think Josh and Jason are both very special and could be future world champions if they continue to develop.

Becki

Medalist
Takahito MURA (JPN)

Music: Spartacus; Man of Steel (soundtrack)

Black pants, brown frayed top with leather harness

3T
4T<< - twofooted
3A
CCoSp
3Lz+1T
CCoSp
3Lo
1A+2T
StSq
3F - e
3S - stepout
ChSq
FSSp

Sadly, lots of jump mistakes. He looks disappointed

FS: 51.15+64.39=115.45, 118.53, in 6th (out of 6, ouch)

I think at the moment, he is the weakest of the Japanese men. That is an incredibly low score :/

sweetskates1

Medalist
I agree! Oh wordsworthgirl you and I are about to :cry:

Agreed. and all have potential to be on the Nationals podium if they skate clean. I do think Adam and Jeremy are the most complete skaters and with clean skates could be on World or Olympic podium. I think Josh and Jason are both very special and could be future world champions if they continue to develop.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It seems either the US Men who have the quad lack everything else like Max or the skaters with the overall skills like Josh and Jason don't have a quad or are having a hard time landing them. We don't have someone who has both.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Not Jeremy's night tonight. Love how the audience is cheering him on and giving him support though! He's definitely thinking too much after yesterday

bramweld

Record Breaker
Why must Jeremy almost always look like he's just about ready to crap in his pants? He never looks confident. He must be Alissa C.'s twin:disapp:

badknees

Medalist
This is heartbreaking. Jeremy is just too good for this to happen. Why oh why can't he do this. Its just such a waste of an incredible talent.

riceplate

On the Ice
Tracy Wilson on Jeremy's quad splat: "Fall does not mean failure.". You Canadians are way too nice! :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

Music: Exogenesis Symphony Number 3 (Redemption) by Muse

4T - hard fall, looked < in replay
3A+3T - solid
CSSp
2F+1T
StSq
2A
3A - fall
3S
1Lz
3Lo+2T
FUSp
ChSq
CCoSp

Far from his best: 2 falls and 2 pops. Why Jeremy?

FS: 65.59+77.78-2.00=141.37, 215.95, in 3rd (out of 7)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are there any US skaters besides Davis and White who can compete when the pressure is on? :disapp:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy. I think the headcaseyness is just unfixable. Very disappointed for him.

Sadly, I have to agree. It seems Rippon so far is the only American man who has made his case to be on the Olympic team. Things can change of course, but that's how I see it stack up right now.