Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program

flaneur

On the Ice
I found Chan absolutely breathtaking. I watched with my boys and my husband and they were all 3 gasping in awe and admiration. "The arms!" my 14 yr old cried. "He looks like he's dancing on the ground," my 11 year old sighed. What a brilliant, brilliant skater. and the program is great. Innovative, interesting, and exploiting everything that makes skating great- flow, speed, the sensation of flying. I am bowled over!

Your family sounds delightful :)

MasterB

Final Flight
I found Chan absolutely breathtaking. I watched with my boys and my husband and they were all 3 gasping in awe and admiration. "The arms!" my 14 yr old cried. "He looks like he's dancing on the ground," my 11 year old sighed. What a brilliant, brilliant skater. and the program is great. Innovative, interesting, and exploiting everything that makes skating great- flow, speed, the sensation of flying. I am bowled over!

Lucky you. My wife gave up after just two skater. And then she saw a skirt around Yuzurus shoulder and bugged out.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
I was wondering that same thing... has it been a while since he last landed a clean 3A? I believe those have always been his problem jumps? (It's funny, considering he avoided it for so long, that the quad seems to come far more easily to him.)

Did he land a clean 3a in short

lavender

Record Breaker
I was wondering that same thing... has it been a while since he last landed a clean 3A? I believe those have always been his problem jumps? (It's funny, considering he avoided it for so long, that the quad seems to come far more easily to him.)

Didn't he land one in the short?

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
For the first time, I try to focus on the skater and not the inflation.
And, now I understand better why he has so high PCS :) He is truly the king of edges, flow, speed and interpretation.
I'm not necessary agree with thoses high score in the technical aspect, but I can accept thoses high PCS.
Chan is a very unique artist

I did this too, and I had the same reaction.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I was so upset that I took bathroom break and missed all of Chan's program. Glad for his fans! Enjoy the victory. Joshua Farris almost earned his first gpf medal...

LRK

Record Breaker
About Chan and the 3A - Thanks everybody for the replies! Well, if he landed one yesterday, then it wasn't all that long ago. My mistake. :)

MasterB

Final Flight
There's some problem with the link, but you've now got me curious... What did Doug Razzano say?

ETA - It worked now. Thanks for sharing - I got a good laugh out of that. :)

He should be one to talk.

Icey

Record Breaker
One of the judges gave Chan a ten on skating skills. I have never understood how the judges get that score to two decimal places.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Congrats to Patrick on a great skate, think this is the best I've ever seen him this early in the season ;o

So disappointed for Yuzu, definitely one of his weaker competitions so far in his career... hoping he'll bounce back next time.