NBC Broadcast of Skate Canada - Sunday, 4-6 eastern | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NBC Broadcast of Skate Canada - Sunday, 4-6 eastern

sweetskates1

Medalist
NBC just aired V/M's FD - so glad they actually showed this! The program looked boring on TV too. I keep thinking they should be wearing light blue and white costumes - cannot get used to the light pink and burgundy choices. They should not be counted out at all - they are the front runners for OGM still, sadly, but that is the truth.

NBC just aired V/M's FD - so glad they actually showed this! The program looked boring on TV too. I keep thinking they should be wearing light blue and white costumes - cannot get used to the light pink and burgundy choices. They should not be counted out at all - they are the front runners for OGM still, sadly, but that is the truth.

That program is marvelous. I kind of like the pink and rust blend of costumes, and I like the simplicity of their outfits. (Sorry to sound so contrary to everything you said!)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Could anybody tell me what Weir said about Julia? It's interesting to know his opinion :) Thaaaaaaaaanks! PS- jealous who watch his debut :)

He didn't say anything. Tara Lipinski covered the ladies' section. Weir just came on; he's talking about the men. The ice dance free dance had no commentary at all.

You're welcome, Koatcue.

The next segment is going to be very distressing, I fear. They'll be showing Jeremy Abbott's program, and we know that he did very poorly. I hope Johnny can manage to analyze it in a way that gives us hope for Jeremy in the future, but that may not be possible.

By the way, you might want to know that Tara Lipinski spoke very highly of Julia's performance and her elements.

sweetskates1

Medalist
You are one my very fav. posters Olympia! :love: Nothing to be sorry about - we all have a right to our opinions, specially when they are expressed with respect as you always do!

That program is marvelous. I kind of like the pink and rust blend of costumes, and I like the simplicity of their outfits. (Sorry to sound so contrary to everything you said!)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Johnny Weir is on NBC now, commentating men's with Terry Gannon. Dream Team! Scott and Sandra are nowhere to be seen. Maybe NBC execs have finally decided to listen to skating-knowledgeable fans.

ETA: I thought Johnny's commentary on Jeremy's skating was respectful, balanced, and yes, hopeful the the rest of the season will build and improve.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Hoping. They said Tara & Johnny for Sochi, and that's all that have been on with Terry. And Tanith will be there :)

sweetskates1

Medalist
Oh!!! the heartbreak, the cursing, the what-ifs that come with being Jeremy Abbott's fan!!!!!!! :cry: Please ice skating gods, we beg you, two clean performances at one major event!

pitterpatter

On the Ice
How was Johnny's debut?)) I wish I could watch NBC with his commenting:cry:

I'm still watching it right now, but he seems to be doing pretty well :) no references about himself or anything like that (so far), he's very focused on the skaters and what they're doing on the ice.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Poor Jeremy. I smiled to see Brian. He still has to carry pooh bear. My goodness! Yuzu is so superstitious!

This was a heartbreaking performance from Abbot. Almost everything he could goof up, he did goof up.

And here's Hanyu. Goodness, that shirt is as outrageous as everyone said it was. Why is he wearing a dust ruffle across the front?

He still has such a sweet baby-face--he should not be wearing anything that makes him look even fluffier.

ETA: And Johnny just said that he designed that costume! Eep.

sweetskates1

Medalist
OMG Johnny Weir just admitted that he had designed Yuzu's costume..... HORRIBLE DESIGNING ugh..

This was a heartbreaking performance from Abbot. Almost everything he could goof up, he did goof up.

And here's Hanyu. Goodness, that shirt is as outrageous as everyone said it was. Why is he wearing a dust ruffle across the front?

He still has such a sweet baby-face--he should not be wearing anything that makes him look even fluffier.