Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NBC Broadcast of Skate Canada - Sunday, 4-6 eastern

Custom Title
    Johnny Weir is on NBC now, commentating men's with Terry Gannon. Dream Team! Scott and Sandra are nowhere to be seen. Maybe NBC execs have finally decided to listen to skating-knowledgeable fans.

ETA: I thought Johnny's commentary on Jeremy's skating was respectful, balanced, and yes, hopeful the the rest of the season will build and improve.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Hoping. They said Tara & Johnny for Sochi, and that's all that have been on with Terry. And Tanith will be there

Custom Title
    Oh!!! the heartbreak, the cursing, the what-ifs that come with being Jeremy Abbott's fan!!!!!!! Please ice skating gods, we beg you, two clean performances at one major event!

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    How was Johnny's debut?)) I wish I could watch NBC with his commenting
    Try this link:

http://livetvcafe.net/video/8XBK9SMHGS9U/NBC

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    How was Johnny's debut?)) I wish I could watch NBC with his commenting
    I'm still watching it right now, but he seems to be doing pretty well no references about himself or anything like that (so far), he's very focused on the skaters and what they're doing on the ice.

Poor Jeremy. I smiled to see Brian. He still has to carry pooh bear. My goodness! Yuzu is so superstitious!

Custom Title
    This was a heartbreaking performance from Abbot. Almost everything he could goof up, he did goof up.

And here's Hanyu. Goodness, that shirt is as outrageous as everyone said it was. Why is he wearing a dust ruffle across the front?

He still has such a sweet baby-face--he should not be wearing anything that makes him look even fluffier.

ETA: And Johnny just said that he designed that costume! Eep.

Custom Title
    thanks!)

Custom Title
    OMG Johnny Weir just admitted that he had designed Yuzu's costume..... HORRIBLE DESIGNING ugh..

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    This was a heartbreaking performance from Abbot. Almost everything he could goof up, he did goof up.

And here's Hanyu. Goodness, that shirt is as outrageous as everyone said it was. Why is he wearing a dust ruffle across the front?

He still has such a sweet baby-face--he should not be wearing anything that makes him look even fluffier.

Custom Title
    Kinda wish Johnny would talk just a little bit less. Was overkill on Yuzuru's performance imo

yuz's costume too feminine-thanx johnny.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Hoping. They said Tara & Johnny for Sochi, and that's all that have been on with Terry. And Tanith will be there
    Tara and Johnny will be doing the online stuff - not the primetime TV.

As per Hanyu's costume - it looks just like the style Johnny wore when he skated. No surprise he designed it.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    Still strange to me how NBC can justify keeping all (or the majority) of their focus on the singles disciplines. How can they predict from which discipline the stars that will be of interest to the US/North American viewing public will come from unless they include pairs and especially, dance?
    NBC isn't trying to predict; it's using history. Americans have traditionally preferred individual skating more than pairs/dance. Americans especially like winners. "Good try" doesn't cut it. For better or for worse, if Jeremy Abbott competed in nearly any sport except figure skating, fans of said sport would have labeled him years ago as a choker who couldn't win the "big one." Belbin/Agosto and Davis/White gained network airtime after getting some good results.

Custom Title
    Agreed, but I actually find his comments informative, educated, and not snarky. Good substance, but too much talking.

Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    Kinda wish Johnny would talk just a little bit less. Was overkill on Yuzuru's performance imo

Custom Title
    They just showed Patrick's long program. I have to say that I liked his SP better than this LP. The only thing I can think of that cooled this down for me (because he certainly performed better than any of the other men, by far!) is his arm movements. They 're a bit wide and swingy for me. I love the music and of course his feet. And his jumps!

It was sad to see the results list with Jeremy Abbott's name in dead last place.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast