Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NBC Broadcast of Skate Canada - Sunday, 4-6 eastern

Custom Title

NBC Broadcast of Skate Canada - Sunday, 4-6 eastern

I thought it might be nice to congregate all the discussion about what NBC shows this afternoon in one place.

It is supposed to be Men's and Ladies free skates so we will probably not see any pairs or dance. Also, Johnny Weir is scheduled to make his network debut as a commentator. I like Weir's skating, but I truly hope this doesn't become "The Johnny Weir Show".

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I thought it might be nice to congregate all the discussion about what NBC shows this afternoon in one place.

It is supposed to be Men's and Ladies free skates so we will probably not see any pairs or dance. Also, Johnny Weir is scheduled to make his network debut as a commentator. I like Weir's skating, but I truly hope this doesn't become "The Johnny Weir Show".
    @JohnnyGWeir
    Wow! I've got so much to learn! Being on TV and working on TV are totally different. Can't wait to work hard and progress with @NBCOlympics!
    4:54 AM - 27 Oct 13
    https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/stat...31985302896640

Thx for starting the thread.

As I said in The Edge thread about Weir, I hope/believe that he is taking his NBC position seriously not as a promotional vehicle for himself, but as an opportunity to be a good ambassador for skating.

Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I like Weir's skating, but I truly hope this doesn't become "The Johnny Weir Show".
    So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Custom Title
    As much as I love Johnny, he is incapable of not making everything about him. That said, I think we will find him entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    @JohnnyGWeir
    Wow! I've got so much to learn! Being on TV and working on TV are totally different. Can't wait to work hard and progress with @NBCOlympics!
    4:54 AM - 27 Oct 13
    https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/stat...31985302896640

Thx for starting the thread.

As I said in The Edge thread about Weir, I hope/believe that he is taking his NBC position seriously not as a promotional vehicle for himself, but as an opportunity to be a good ambassador for skating.

Custom Title
    Anyone else watching NBC ?

TV skate Canada alert 4-6 pm est nbc

Gracie was great in her SP. Why was she only 3rd overall?

Courtney SKATED- I mean jumped. gosh she has no skating skills.

Custom Title
    Still strange to me how NBC can justify keeping all (or the majority) of their focus on the singles disciplines. How can they predict from which discipline the stars that will be of interest to the US/North American viewing public will come from unless they include pairs and especially, dance?

Cristina Gao, pretty darn good. A year off from college makes a difference.

Custom Title
    Sadly, I don't think that Americans 'get ice dancing' yet or the new more athletic pair skating. If you think about it, ladies figure skating has not changed much since the golden age of Kwan - same elements, tricks, just new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    Still strange to me how NBC can justify keeping all (or the majority) of their focus on the singles disciplines. How can they predict from which discipline the stars that will be of interest to the US/North American viewing public will come from unless they include pairs and especially, dance?

Custom Title
    Oh, man, Akiko Suzuki! Simply sublime.

where is the tv audience ? And we complain-yes Akiko, just beautiful.

Custom Title
    Julia does nothing for me - just as I still shed a tear when I remember Tara won. ugghh, I do not want to be accused of ageism but honestly - 15yo should not compete against Maos, Yunas, Carolinas, Akikos, or Kiiras.

Looks much better on TV, but I prefer Gracie and Akiko at this point.

Custom Title
    Do you think that Akiko will miss making Olympic team due to lack 3/3?

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Looks much better on TV, but I prefer Gracie and Akiko at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    Julia does nothing for me - just as I still shed a tear when I remember Tara won. ugghh, I do not want to be accused of ageism but honestly - 15yo should not compete against Maos, Yunas, Carolinas, Akikos, or Kiiras.
    Why not, I remember both Mao and Asada dominating the Senior circuit when they were Julia's age. Kwan was a world champion at that age, and Kostner was competiting at the Senior circuit as well...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast