The screaming girl at Skate America | Golden Skate

The screaming girl at Skate America

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Does I'm the only one who actually enjoy the «Screaming girl!» at Skate America :)

Today, I watch my favorite performance on youtube from Skate America and I really enjoy the «Screaming girl!».
It gives me the impression that she support every athlete at this competition and give them more cheer than the audience.

I would like more people like her in the audience at the next competition, I have the impression that this type of «Cheer» give more energy to the athlete and they compete better :yay:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Cheering for skaters is good. A lot of skaters say that it helps them focus when they hear the
audience cheering them on. This fan was screeching. It was annoying to a lot of folks in the arena
and annoying to me and I was watching at home.

Did we ever find out who she was?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I LOVED her. With such a small audience in attendance the skaters need extra support. :)

ghislaine

Rinkside
I liked her. I liked that she cheeered even for spins and footwork. She was so enthusiastic for everyone. She made up for the empty arena.

Sara

On the Ice
Her screaming was as annoying as the screeching strings in Gold's short programme. :p

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
first, she was not a "girl"

the voiced you can tell is a middle aged woman 30 years old +
second, its was not screaming more like a crows screeches
she's not annoying but more like a mockery of her self that you get embarassed for her and near her
any screen caps of her ?? :eek:hwell:

wopheee, sounds like a hick if you ask me, lol

malo42

On the Ice
You want screen caps? Sorry but that's just creepy!

I liked hearing the screaming on the stream, I thought it was nice hearing big support from such a small crowd.

brightphoton

Medalist
Didn't know this forum had so many hoity toity fancy pants opera-glass wearing snobs. Perhaps at next years Skate America we should screen spectators, so only people who support skaters in the right way be part of very small, and I assume, elite audience. Got to keep out the riff raff.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I appreciate her enthusiasm. I raised my brow and rolled my eyes when I heard her, but good for her, cheering on even third tier skaters. I would appreciate a cheer if I'm out there struggling through my footwork.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Didn't know this forum had so many hoity toity fancy pants opera-glass wearing snobs. Perhaps at next years Skate America we should screen spectators, so only people who support skaters in the right way be part of very small, and I assume, elite audience. Got to keep out the riff raff.

:laugh::thumbsup: This.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

You should know that GS welcomes all types of folks. :biggrin:

meem

On the Ice
IMO it was as annoying as the OTT clapping to music done at competitions held in Japan. Cheering is supportive of athletes; screaming/screeching seems to be more about the audience member focusing attention on herself. I'm not hoity and I'm not toity and that's my opinion.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't mind her so much, although she bothered my chauffeur.

He ran off to nurse a headache at the exact moment I needed him to run to the snack bar and get me some caviar.

So difficult to get good help nowadays. Don't you all agree?

Krislite

Medalist
I didn't mind her so much, although she bothered my chauffeur.

He ran off to nurse a headache at the exact moment I needed him to run to the snack bar and get me some caviar.

So difficult to get good help nowadays. Don't you all agree?

At least you had your second assistant for backup...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Probably you didn't hear the Korean girls..:biggrin::laugh: (and sometimes the Chinese girls :yes:)

The Korean girls are the best!!! :bow:;)