Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How are Agnes Chances-she seems forgotten

Hybrid View

How are Agnes Chances-she seems forgotten

I think she skates next week at Cup of China-or do I have that wrong. Did she get a second GP assignment? I really was impressed when she first became a senior. I loved her fizzy blond hair and costume choices. What must Agnes do technically and artistically to get that 3rd spot to Sochi?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I think she skates next week at Cup of China-or do I have that wrong. Did she get a second GP assignment? I really was impressed when she fist became a senior. I loved her fizzy blond hair and costume choices. What must Agnes do technically and artistically to get that 3rd spot to Sochi?
    if she lands all of her jumps, she will be us #1 regardless of what others do.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I see a lot of truth in this post. The USFSA has been waiting with bated breath for Agnes Zawadzki to deliver a clean 2 program competition. Just look at how overscored she is when she falls all over the place; one can only imagine how high she would score if she ever truly brought it at Nationals. She has explosive jumps when she lands them, correct technique, and strong skating skills. Her strengths do deserve to be rewarded when it all gels together as she displayed at the 2012 US Nationals SP. It would shock me though to ever see her skate a clean LP as a senior skater.

On the NBC coverage if Skate Canada Terry Gannon played her up as the American hopeful at Cup of China (tune in next week, folks ) This will be a good test for her. Besides Carolina Kostner, she's got Zijin Li, Murakami, and Sotnikova, also Imai. A medal here would be a great start.

She does have a second Grand Prix event, Cup of Russia, where she will measure herself also against Lipnitskaia and Tuktamysheva.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    She is definitely not beating Wagner and Gold at their best.

But, if she skates her best, she can be #3 and make the Olympic team. Unless Nagasu somehow gets it all together and skates like she did at 2010 Olympics.

Custom Title
    More than anything she needs to skate clean, which she hasn't since she was a junior.

Custom Title
    Of any American skater that I can think of, Agnes has the greatest disparity in the marks given to her by national and international panels. She has not even skated an international LP that has surpassed 108. I'm not sure that a great skate at CoC will have her leap ahead of Ashley and Gracie.

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    skateluvr, why do you think she is forgotten? She's always been considered a contender for the third spot on the US Olympic team. If she is "forgotten," so is everyone else besides Wagner and Gold.

On Universal Sports, the only television network in the US that airs decent figure skating coverage, access to which I switched to DirecTV for a couple of years ago (only way to get it), they have been promoting the Cup of China for a couple of weeks mainly with AZ's image.

I wouldn't be so sad if she were forgotten, to be honest. I am an avid Czisny fan. We've seen AC skate well, inconsistency aside. Agnes has never skated a good free skate. She is bad every time. At her best, she skates a good SP, then flubs the FS.

She is also tacky. Harsh and classist, I know. But to skate to terrible music like the SATC 2 soundtrack two years in a row (while wearing a sequin-galore off-the-rack costume)??! There has got be someone she can find to make her a decent costume if she can afford David Wilson to choreograph terrible programs for her. (At least there is some irony in Tonya's skating to Wild Thing in 1991, which I will defend.)

Custom Title
    To tell the truth, she doesn't have this wow factor about her..

Custom Title
    Agnes is fortunate to be in CoC, which has one of the weaker fields of the grand prix series. But she is still up against Kostner, Murakami, the charming and home favorite Li, and Adelina, so it is unlikely she will be anywhere near the podium. At the more competitive Rostelecom, she could easily be buried in sixth to eigtth place. Maybe that will end the US Feds fascination for Agnes, but I doubt it.

Custom Title
    Pepe, if I were a skater from a family with not a lot of money, I'd spend it all on a choreographer and buy a cheap costume. So I wouldn't hold that against her. In the old days, any number of skaters including Peggy Fleming wore skating dresses sewn by their mothers. I know that costumes are different now, but I still feel reluctant to judge someone on a lack of resources in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Pepe, if I were a skater from a family with not a lot of money, I'd spend it all on a choreographer and buy a cheap costume. So I wouldn't hold that against her. In the old days, any number of skaters including Peggy Fleming wore skating dresses sewn by their mothers. I know that costumes are different now, but I still feel reluctant to judge someone on a lack of resources in that department.
    truth and fairness. I agree.

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    You are right, Olympia. I apologize to Agnes Zawadzki! I don't know why such cattiness comes over me sometimes.

Custom Title
    Zawadski has a lot of talent and comes off as a really nice person in interviews. I would like to see her develop to her full skating potential. Her team needs to follow the practices of teams of yore: A time when every aspect of the skater's image and style were developed--particularly the ladies. I would like to see a gifted, professional stylist develop a finished, fashionable look for Agnes that would enhance her attractiveness and look on the ice. I believe it might boost her confidence as well. Given that, I believe she could represent the U.S. well in Sochi. Best wishes and luck to Agnes!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Lee View Post
    Zawadski has a lot of talent and comes off as a really nice person in interviews. I would like to see her develop to her full skating potential. Her team needs to follow the practices of teams of yore: A time when every aspect of the skater's image and style were developed--particularly the ladies. I would like to see a gifted, professional stylist develop a finished, fashionable look for Agnes that would enhance her attractiveness and look on the ice. I believe it might boost her confidence as well. Given that, I believe she could represent the U.S. well in Sochi. Best wishes and luck to Agnes!
    I think a makeover would help. I have never seen Agnes in costumes that look flattering. Maybe money is an issue for her. I feel bad for her. Maybe if she just delivered her programs she could get some sponsors and be able to pay for better packaging.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast