Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How are Agnes Chances-she seems forgotten

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    This and this.
    Dear USFS: Please tech call and judge what really happens on the ice at Nationals and stop giving brownie points to your pet skaters.
    Dear Other Skaters: Please skate really really incontrovertably better than Agnes so there is no lingering doubt.
    I could not agree more with the second. At this point, Gao and Hicks have way higher international scores than Agnes and should get the edge at Nats. Here's hoping they make it really hard for the judges to score it otherwise.

Custom Title
    The title of the thread "seems to be forgotten" struck me as funny. She hasn't done anything to be remembered by! I don't know whether it's choreography, her largish legs, or what, but I don't find Agnes' skating to be very pleasing. Yes she has big jumps but so do alot of women today. I don't even know if changing coaches is going to help her. As someone said upthread, she just isn't a very good competitor. It's one thing to have alot of potential at the practice rink but that doesn't mean anything if you can't lay it down during competition. It's sad when you see someone like Agnes interviewed and there's so much hope and so much wishing on her part that just doesn't seem to come to fruition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    The title of the thread "seems to be forgotten" struck me as funny. She hasn't done anything to be remembered by! I don't know whether it's choreography, her largish legs, or what, but I don't find Agnes' skating to be very pleasing. Yes she has big jumps but so do alot of women today. I don't even know if changing coaches is going to help her. As someone said upthread, she just isn't a very good competitor. It's one thing to have alot of potential at the practice rink but that doesn't mean anything if you can't lay it down during competition. It's sad when you see someone like Agnes interviewed and there's so much hope and so much wishing on her part that just doesn't seem to come to fruition.
    I think it is the big jumps that has USFSA favoring her and pushing her into that third place spot the last couple of years. So many times at Worlds the lack of power in jumps has contributed to not getting that third spot, so pushing a woman with high, big jumps seems like a solution. If she had stayed on two feet two years ago, they would have sent her to Worlds in spite of her inconsistency. Hopefully, this year when there is a third spot, they will realize that those jumps don't matter if she isn't doing them well in front of the international judges and that some other skaters are going to get higher scores in the second mark regardless.

Agnes has really huge thighs. Maybe her core strength can't manage her thigh strength.
    If she could lose some of her thigh muscle and strengthen her core, I bet she would be able to land her jumps more.

I personally find that she is just forgettable, and the internationsl judges seem to hold the same opinion. Even if she were to skate clean there would be other skaters with more personality ahead of her...

Custom Title
    To me, her programs and outfits are better than they have been in previous years. However, she won't get the marks internationally unless she is clean, like every other second tier skater. US judges mark her PCS for her error-prone programs like she is Caro or Mao (i.e. she gets great PCS whether or not she is clean).

Custom Title
    Agnes at the weak CoC, 7th in sp, 8th in FS, 93 points in FS, 147 total. One fall. Five attempted triples, 2 totally clean per protocols. Fifty one PCS in FS. In this weak field that was a splatfest, a halfway decent skate would have stood out, yet Agnes finishes 7th overall. Wait untill Rostelecom where she will have some real competition: Osmond, Kostner, Murakami, Julia, Tuk, Nagasu.

Custom Title
    She doesn't deserve the marks she gets at Nationals. The judges hold her up, seemingly because of her potential, but at some point, potential means nothing and a skater has to deliver.

And Agnes hardly ever delivers internationally. All four of her skates this season have been a mess. Plus, the international judges don't like her. I thought her and Gracie's long programs at SLC were at the same level of hot mess, but Gracie scored 10 points higher for her program. At this point, Agnes' PCS internationally is awful and she isn't even breaking 100 points for her long programs.

I hope Christina or Courtney get the third spot at the Olympics over Agnes. If Agnes is being held up at Nationals because of her big jumps, Courtney has big jumps, too. And she actually lands them in competition, unlike Agnes.

Custom Title
    Hicks is so awkward in her skating other then her jumps. Agnes is probably a better all around skater but if you can't skate clean it doesn't matter.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    She could always decide to represent Poland.

Given her roots, she could probably obtain citizenship very quickly and she'd have a guaranteed ticket to all European and World Championships.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Given her roots, she could probably obtain citizenship very quickly and she'd have a guaranteed ticket to all European and World Championships.
    Euros is usually such a train wreck that she probably has a better chance of winning there than the US championships

Custom Title
    Anyone know why Agnes is doing a 3t-3t? It is not a good sign when you are electing to do an easier triple-triple, and fail to execute it, especially for someone whose calling card is her jumping. This is not the formula for making the Olympic team, IMO.

Agnes has a nice curvy figure. Really, muscular thighs yes but she's in perfect toned shape for her body type. Her jumps even have pointed toes. I think a sports psychologist is needed, but may be too expensive. I hope 3 spot goes to Cesario or Gao. I can't stand Hicks.

I can stand Hicks. Agnes' thighs are fine. I think we need to put up a banner on the front page: Skaters, do not read any thread with your name in the title.

Custom Title
    Zawadski has a lot of talent and comes off as a really nice person in interviews. I would like to see her develop to her full skating potential. Her team needs to follow the practices of teams of yore: A time when every aspect of the skater's image and style were developed--particularly the ladies. I would like to see a gifted, professional stylist develop a finished, fashionable look for Agnes that would enhance her attractiveness and look on the ice. I believe it might boost her confidence as well. Given that, I believe she could represent the U.S. well in Sochi. Best wishes and luck to Agnes!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast