Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Julia Lipnitskaya's FS - Schindler's List ( The Red Coat Effect )

Banned

Julia Lipnitskaya's FS - Schindler's List ( The Red Coat Effect )

Julia's FS deserves her won thread
    the red coat and black&white background accentuates her moves and it looks like just in the movies

kudos to the video maker editor ! enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8dvRTftmwk

Banned
    I like her Method acting.

Custom Title
    Her outfit is one of my favorites recently, but I don't think the program is a masterpiece. She only got ~60 for PCS.

Banned
    She deserves >60 PCS for her intro and outro alone. Because she studied Stanislavsky. Name one figure skater out there today who study Stanislavsky. Name one. Her face says it all. Figure skating is only a prop for her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYouDoIsTalk View Post
    She deserves >60 PCS for her intro and outro alone.
    Drawing on the ice improves skating skills?

Custom Title
    I love Ilia Averbukh's works. He did Makarova's programs, couple of years ago. That was very good too. Julia did a great choice by using him as a choreographer instead of Morozov.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqD9hk6LuXw

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia's FS deserves her won thread
    the red coat and black&white background accentuates her moves and it looks like just in the movies

kudos to the video maker editor ! enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8dvRTftmwk

Banned
    She deserves >60 PCS for her intro and outro alone. Because she studied Stanislavsky. Name one figure skater out there today who study Stanislavsky. Name one. Her face says it all. Figure skating is only a prop for her.
    her PCS from 59 to 60 and it can increase more
    name one figure skater who isn't acing on the ice ? figure skating is part props

Custom Title
    Adelina's pcs is 60 too, so what? Is she inferior to Gracie in terms of ss ot other components? Julia's will rise, no doubt..

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Schindler's List is one of my all-time favorite films. Her costume is perfect. Though I wish her skating would be more 'pushed outward' like a Lipinski, I love this program. She has the right blend of child/youngwoman to make this work in seniors and still be faithful to the film. I think if she wins her next GP and places at GPF her PCS will increase significantly. I'd rather have a heartfelt Lipnitskaya get a medal than a watered down and stumbling Kostner at the Olys. Thankfully Julia will be performing in her home country and that could make the difference.

ETA: When I refer to Lipinski I'm referring to her speed, her energy and her attack only. Not her interpretive skills. I can hear Peggy commenting on a Tara "Schindler's List" program: "She skates with such eagerness and JOY!!!!" And Dick would reply: "She's skating as a little girl who was murdered in the Holocaust! Peggy, how much joy is there in that?" And Peggy would say: "Look I've only known skating my entire life, and looking pretty. I don't know the first thing about the music she's skating to, and obviously neither does Tara. In fact many do not believe the Holocaust even existed. I'm just trying to keep things fair and balanced, and represent the opposite viewpoint, like Fox News Entertainment channel!". Dick: "Whatever Peggy. Just concentrate on the pretty costumes and that Tonia Kwiatkowski is so put together that not even ONE hair is out of place." Peggy: "Tonia is adorable, just like my hero Carol Heiss, not one hair is out of place!!!}

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    I'm sure she used her edges to make her drawing....?? lol

Banned
    What? Are we talking the same program? We are talking Schindler's List, yes? Cause in intro, Julia has head down-- overburdened with questions of schematic rhetoric; then she skated forward and looked back over her shoulder-- conveying the systematic repression of the full scale of human objectivity through formless guilt; then further on, she skated forward then she come running back on her blades, yes? and then to a screeching halt, thus conveying that there is a vast difference between 1) regarding groups as being shaped by immediate circumstances, including the people and institutions around them and 2) regarding groups as having own internal cultural patterns, antedating the environment in which they currently find themselves, and transcending the beliefs, biases, and decisions of others.

Outro because Julia, by using the Stanislavsky method of using props, when done spinning like corkscrew, she steadies herself and finishes by looking over shoulder again-- but more upward this time and more toward the distance-- depicting the cultural characteristics of TWO middleman minorities, Jews and toddlers, as primarily a function of the constraints imposed upon them by the host societies in which they live (Jews) and only secondarily of the group's own cultural development (toddlers). In short, the consequence of what they were *allowed* to do, than of any "traditional" proclivity of their own-- certainly true of the Jews annexed by czarist Russia. Julia knows, and Julia conveys this.

Custom Title
    What? Are we talking the same program? We are talking Schindler's List, yes? Cause in intro, Julia has head down-- overburdened with questions of schematic rhetoric; then she skated forward and looked back over her shoulder-- conveying the systematic repression of the full scale of human objectivity through formless guilt; then further on, she skated forward then she come running back on her blades, yes? and then to a screeching halt, thus conveying that there is a vast difference between 1) regarding groups as being shaped by immediate circumstances, including the people and institutions around them and 2) regarding groups as having own internal cultural patterns, antedating the environment in which they currently find themselves, and transcending the beliefs, biases, and decisions of others.

Outro because Julia, by using the Stanislavsky method of using props, when done spinning like corkscrew, she steadies herself and finishes by looking over shoulder again-- but more upward this time and more toward the distance-- depicting the cultural characteristics of TWO middleman minorities, Jews and toddlers, as primarily a function of the constraints imposed upon them by the host societies in which they live (Jews) and only secondarily of the group's own cultural development (toddlers). In short, the consequence of what they were *allowed* to do, than of any "traditional" proclivity of their own-- certainly true of the Jews annexed by czarist Russia. Julia knows, and Julia conveys this.
    Bonus points for cheek (or "chutzpah", in the Yiddish).

Still, all in all, I thought the program was a good one, effective and affecting in its own way.

Banned
    Julia definitely at least knows the interpretation and meaning of the music, she has watched the movie many times and it was chorehgraphed by Averbukh who is jewish

ETA: found the NBC video, was Tara Lipinski the lady commentator ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5or3oxNFR8c

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast