Check out Nicole's Dress | Golden Skate

Check out Nicole's Dress

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Ooh La La! Did You See Nicole's Dress?

Nicole Kidman has now earned the title of Hollywood's It Girl. She's the one. And the cut-down-to-the-waist glittery, gold sequin dress she wore to Sunday night's Golden Globe Awards--and all the attention it has garnered--just goes to prove it. (Oh yeah. She was nominated for best actress in a drama--"Cold Mountain"--but lost to Charlize Theron, who starred in "Monster.")

--The Associated Press says Nic and The Dress "stopped traffic on the red carpet."
--Joan Rivers on E! Entertainment Television said it had "a sort of slight Salome feel to it."
--Kevin Lennox, associate fashion editor of Glamour magazine, told AP: "I think it's sort of out of left field for her, but I think it's interesting. I feel like she's feeling a little kooky." He later said he thought it was great she took a chance like this.

Designed by Tom Ford in his last collection for Yves Saint Laurent, the dress had a neckline that plunged all the way to the waist. How was it held together? Nude fabric! And once you know that, it's not quite as risqué as it seems at first glance (or a long second stare). A flowing pale chiffon skirt finished the ensemble that was topped with a gold headband.

http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/gallery/i/g/globes04_carpet/lg1.jpg

Tove

On the Ice
wow, that's so beautiful!! she looks like candy and icecream....sigh

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
Sorry. While I almost always think Nicole looks fabulous, this dress must just not be my style.

Now no one cares what I think, but here is the indignity that was thrown on the figure skating world: The Chicago Sun-Times not only declared it ugly, but jibed that it looked like some kind of figure skating costume... as if that were a BAD thing!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Cinderella, I'm with you, usually Nicole (or her stylist) makes excellent choices. This is one of the most hideous dresses I have ever seen. The light parts are supposed to give the illusion of bare skin...just what the world needs more lovely fake flesh. As for the illusion in the skirt, is that supposed to be sagging bare skin, LOL? I think that there is a fine line between a complete look and a costume. This looks like Roxie Hart meets Salome on acid.:eek: The illusion needed here is for David Copperfield to make this thing disappear.
Piel

Last edited:

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Nichole huney, what were you thinking putting on that dress Globe night? That sequin thing from the retro 20's has to GO! Nichole must of had bad jetlag after coming off the plane from Aus and put on the first thing they gave her? Do better at Oscars Nicky! Look at last year!

SusanBeth

Final Flight
2 Thumbs down from me. I usually like her choices. This makes her look washed out. When you have to use fake flesh that pale, you need either color or an ambulance.;)

Jhar55

Medalist
Didn't like the dress, and she probably didn't pay for it. Freebie from the designer for wearing it to the awards show. As with most of the ladies that night.

heyang

Record Breaker
I heard the radio DJ's saying 'Poor Nicole...Worst dressed at Golden Globes and no Oscar nomination in the same day'

Usually, she's so glamourous at these events. What was she thinking?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I think the dress would look better as a full length gown. Otherwise, it looks like she sent it to the cleaners and it shrunk. She is too tall for a knee length dress!!!

I hope she acquire something nicer for the Oscars.

Seonaid920

On the Ice
I liked the dress on Nicole, I don't think I would like it on many other people. I thought it was different and pretty cool

skatepixie

On the Ice
The neckline is too semetricle for the look....just MHO. Also...it doesnt look good with her coloring...

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Nichole, should of been pickin those gold coins off her dress and throwing them in the nearest fountain for good luck.. She didn't get her Oscar nomination..Poor, Nicky..

Michibanana

Rinkside
I don't like the dress, but it would take a lot to make Nicole Kidman look bad. Her face still looks wonderful...