Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Battle for Bronze - Ice Dance

W&P got 70 for their SD. B&S got 65. P&B got 62 (?). W&P will most likely win the Bronze at this point. Even if the Olympics is in Russia, B&S have too much lost ground to make up. Zhulin isn't as exactly known as a miracle worker. He polishes his skaters and adds sensual moves here and there, but I don't see him pulling it off. Even Igor couldn't do much with P&B. Fantastic last lift in the SD for P&B though. Something was deducted? What was it?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    W&P got 70 for their SD. B&S got 65. P&B got 62 (?). W&P will most likely win the Bronze at this point. Even if the Olympics is in Russia, B&S have too much lost ground to make up. Zhulin isn't as exactly known as a miracle worker. He polishes his skaters and adds sensual moves here and there, but I don't see him pulling it off. Even Igor couldn't do much with P&B. Fantastic last lift in the SD for P&B though. Something was deducted? What was it?
    Don't forget C/L, who got 69+

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SD_Scores.pdf

Igor must have challenged the deduction, because the protocol shows P&B's score as 63.60, with no deductions?

Custom Title
    You can't really compare two competition because of the different panels. You can't see many level 4 elements -especially CD- at the early season. Skate Canada and Skate America judges gave them even lower ranked teams. I think this is good for B/S and P/B. Because they knew what they did wrong.

Yes, I think you're right.

Banned
    W&P are the bronze favorites at this point, and C&L are their closest challengers, not B&S. Just like I said all along. Yes they were different panels but anyone who isnt blind can see which teams have the better programs and are skating better right now. The scores are actually quite accurate to how the quality of the teams compares at the moment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    You can't really compare two competition because of the different panels. You can't see many level 4 elements -especially CD- at the early season. Skate Canada and Skate America judges gave them even lower ranked teams. I think this is good for B/S and P/B. Because they knew what they did wrong.
    If they had the same panel, would B&S and P&B beat W&P and C&L? Out of the bunch, W&P still looked to be the most polished and prepared for Sochi.

Well C&L will be at NHK with D&W.
    P&B will be at TEB with V&M
    W&P will be at CoR with B&S - and this is where we will see how those 2 teams compare.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    W&P are the bronze favorites at this point, and C&L are their closest challengers, not B&S. Just like I said all along. Yes they were different panels but anyone who isnt blind can see which teams have the better programs and are skating better right now. The scores are actually quite accurate to how the quality of the teams compares at the moment as well.
    I&K have better FD than W&P
    they are inconsitent but if they it everything they will pass W/P
    I/K they deserve a good marks especially for lifts

heck than ghost FD scored a 100+
    so this one can score a 108+ mileage

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Sadly, I think you're right. I was rooting for B&S but it doesn't look good for them.

Banned
    Sadly, I think you're right. I was rooting for B&S but it doesn't look good for them.
    2 boring outdated programs
    hope I&K finally beat them

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I&K have better FD than W&P
    they are inconsitent but if they it everything they will pass W/P
    If I/K can get those levels they are my favorites too. Better skating skills than W/P and C/L. Better programs, new lifts, fast twizzles. They have everything except levels.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    If I/K can get those levels they are my favorites too. Better skating skills than W/P and C/L. Better programs, new lifts, fast twizzles. They have everything except levels.
    sadly that has been their biggest problem, I&K losing levels they are inconsistent, no doubt if they hit everything they will beat W/P, C/L, etc.
    I liked their FD, better lifts worth +2 GOE, it renewed my like for them since junior worlds

I&K practice FD & SD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeYO_LpDrVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJXnKqZo5Jo

Two stunning lifts in the first half of the FD. I think the classical style suits them, as Elena looks like the quintessential prima donna. They also did well with Don Quixote a few years ago, until they went astray with some odd programs. This Zhulin guy is just ... hopeless. I'm beginning to think he's in it for the girls only.

Banned
    I&K practice FD & SD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeYO_LpDrVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJXnKqZo5Jo

Two stunning lifts in the first half of the FD. I think the classical style suits them, as Elena looks like the quintessential prima donna. They also did well with Don Quixote a few years ago, until they went astray with some odd programs. This Zhulin guy is just ... hopeless. I'm beginning to think he's in it for the girls only.
    yes their FD should be good to behold, now hopefully with better costumes not all black
    this will comfortably beat B/S FD

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast