Will it be Televised? | Golden Skate

Will it be Televised?

Does anyone have any news if this event will be televised? It was last year and Nancy Kerrigan hosted the competition. I believe it was on Oxygen.

Joe

brenlynn

On the Ice
i hope!! i would love to see how evan does, i really think he has an outstanding chance of winning the gold this year!

GO EVAN :D :love:

SkaterBrett

Rinkside
I'm hoping some station will show it!! maybe CBC will show the top skaters on the Worlds broadcast... one can only hope!!

I'm not so interested in when it is shown as long as it is shown.

It give me a chance to see new blood coming into Figure Skating. Last year I saw for the first time:; Yukina Ota, Evan Lysacek and Andrei Gryazev. All of whom are household names now.

Joe

Evdokia

On the Ice
berthes ghost said:
Lsst year Eurosport showed the LPs of all the medalists.
I hope they'll do the same this year and a bit broader coverage (hey, what about showing the final group for each discipline?) would be great as well!;)

Jhar55

Medalist
Don't look for ABC or ESPN's to show it, someone just might watch it. :D
Think Lifetime showed part of it on Sunday mornings last year.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
berthes ghost said:
Lsst year Eurosport showed the LPs of all the medalists.

Unfortunately the Scandinavian Eurosport did not show all medalists... I think we missed totally one discipline and from men saw only the gold and silver medalists.

Marjaana

Ilia Kulik photos & photolinks
http://koti.welho.com/mjylha2/index.html

Last edited:

SkaterBrett

Rinkside
I contacted Jr. World staff and they have said ABC has the North American broadcast rights. They were not sure when it would be on TV however I am awaiting a reply from ABC to find out when it will be aired! Will post again when I have more details!!

Hi skaterbret = That is hopeful news. It's a great look at the up and coming young skaters. If you find out any further information, please let us know.

Joe

SkaterBrett

Rinkside
Joesitz said:
Hi skaterbret = That is hopeful news. It's a great look at the up and coming young skaters. If you find out any further information, please let us know.

Joe

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something!!!

I do know that a network in Japan is airing it mid-march

Berthe G - You know, I don't mind if they show it in July. It's just so worth while watching to see the yunguns coming up the route to seniors.

Just think a young Katy Taylor and will she fill Michelle Kwan's blades?

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
WOW! The idea of it MAYBE being televised is WONDERFUL!!!! I hope hope hope to see it! :)

Kasey