Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Skaters who'll be remembered with time as among the greats

Quote Originally Posted by pec0 View Post
    I do not see your point. Clearly people here agree Yuna is No.1 and Mao is nobody compared to Yuna's brilliant career so there is no rivalry between them.

>When they retire 99,9% of their fans will stop watching FS.
    What makes you think that? As kindly informed by Korean fans above, there are many younger skaters in Korea who are inspired by Queen Yuna-Kim. Also there will still be some other Japanese skaters who might not be so bad as you think. I'm just curious.
    Even when I thought this thread couldnt get any worst than you called mao a nobody. Google mao because you obiously dont know anything about her. Is trolling accepted in this board now?
    By the way name the posters who said Mao is a nobody.

Oh for crying out loud. Here, I'll summarize this "discussion":

Yunabots: Mao sucks, she's nothing special, Queen Yuna forevers!!!!!!11 She is the greatest.
    Maobots: Yuna sucks, she's not memorable, Mao does cooler things, you are all jealous haterz.

Everyone else: Oh go away. Are you even aware that other skaters exist?

GS needs to ban bots or at least confine them to the fanfest threads.

Custom Title
    I wish bots were as classy as Yuna or Mao, hope they will inspire fans too, not only young skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Oh for crying out loud. Here, I'll summarize this "discussion":

Yunabots: Mao sucks, she's nothing special, Queen Yuna forevers!!!!!!11 She is the greatest.
    Maobots: Yuna sucks, she's not memorable, Mao does cooler things, you are all jealous haterz.

Everyone else: Oh go away. Are you even aware that other skaters exist?

GS needs to ban bots or at least confine them to the fanfest threads.
    Actually, in this thread, I'm not seeing anyone who says that Yuna sucks. However, I'm seeing quite a number of people who are discrediting Mao in every way possible. This thread is supposed to be about the skaters who'll be remembered as among the greats, not who is the greatest. It's not shocking anymore though. This is practically expected in every thread when either of their names are mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    I wish bots were as classy as Yuna or Mao, hope they will inspire fans too, not only young skaters.
    Very true. Mao and Yuna are both wonderful and classy competitors and people, and their fans would do well to follow their example.

Custom Title
    Very true. Mao and Yuna are both wonderful and classy competitors and people, and their fans would do well to follow their example.
    Agreed!

I don't think anyone else has won more than four.
    Plushenko won Cup of Russia (8 times ), Trophee Lalique, NHK, Skate Canada, and Bofrost, along with the GP final. In his only appearance at Skate America, a fourteen-year-old Evgeni finished second to Todd Eldredge.

Yagudin won Cup of Russia, Lalique, Sparkassen, Skate America, and Skate Canada, and the GP final. He never competed in NHK. (Cup of China started in 2003, replacing the German event.)
    Last edited by Mathman; 11-04-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    .... people were standing for a great clean technical skate.... YuNa is applauded for huge jumps alone....
    It's been obvious for some time that you hate to accept the realities when it comes to Kim, also that you are pretty determined in presenting your opinion as if it's a fact or a consensus view. The fact that you keep doing it tells that you are well aware that the general perception is exactly the opposite of what you want to believe. But your hollow repetition won't change anything.

Can't help but imagine what a nightmare it must have been for you, to witness Kim winning again and again, and getting showered by accolades time after time, for quite a loooong time now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Plushenko won Cup of Russia (8 times ), Trophee Lalique, NHK, Skate Canada, and Bofrost, along with the GP final. In his only appearance at Skate America, a fourteen-year-old Evgeni finished second to Todd Eldredge.

Yagudin won Cup of Russia, Lalique, Sparkassen, Skate America, and Skate Canada, and the GP final. He never competed in NHK.
    Yes, they won 14, respectively 22 gold medals in the GP series.

Yagudin won Cup of Russia, Lalique, Sparkassen, Skate America, and Skate Canada, and the GP final. He never competed in NHK.
    I meant among active skaters - Plushenko is still active, but he didn't win two of the current GPs and will not be adding new GP titles to his list of achievements.

Active skaters with four include Yuna Kim (Skate America, Cup of Russia, TEB, CoC), Davis/White (Skate Canada, Skate America, CoR, NHK), Nobunari Oda (TEB, CoC, NHK, Skate America), Pang/Tong (CoC, CoR, NHK, Skate America) and Miki Ando (CoC, CoR, Skate America, NHK).

I meant among active skaters - Plushenko is still active, but he didn't win two of the current GPs and will not be adding new GP titles to his list of achievements.

Active skaters with four include Yuna Kim (Skate America, Cup of Russia, TEB, CoC), Davis/White (Skate Canada, Skate America, CoR, NHK), Nobunari Oda (TEB, CoC, NHK, Skate America), Pang/Tong (CoC, CoR, NHK, Skate America) and Miki Ando (CoC, CoR, Skate America, NHK).
    Well, it seems feasible to me that Davis/White could easily win TEB and CoC next year and get the Gram Slam title. It would be a first for a dance team.

^ But they will probably be invited to Skate America if they don't retire, so they won't get both of the other two.

^ But they will probably be invited to Skate America if they don't retire, so they won't get both of the other two.
    Ah, well, in that case, I guess they will need to stay at least another two more years after Sochi.

I guess that's what makes getting the Grand Slam elusive. Skaters (from host countries) can expect to get only one assignment outside their home country per year, and so you have to stay on the top for five years at the very least.

Conversely, I suppose it would be easier for a skater from a country not hosting the Grand Prix to win the Grand Slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
    Actually, in this thread, I'm not seeing anyone who says that Yuna sucks. However, I'm seeing quite a number of people who are discrediting Mao in every way possible. This thread is supposed to be about the skaters who'll be remembered as among the greats, not who is the greatest. It's not shocking anymore though. This is practically expected in every thread when either of their names are mentioned.
    Agree Crystallize. Please dont blame Mao fans about this. There is not one comment on this thread from a mao fan saying Yuna sucks. Contrary, Mao fans had no problems proclaming Yuna Kim as great. However, unfortuntatly some ungracious who act as if they are Yuna fans are ungracious and it pains them to complement Mao about anything. Yuna is classy and gracious, she be will ashame of some of her fans here.

Find a comment from a Mao fans calling Yuna Kim a nobody in this thread.

Custom Title
    New game for everyone. How many of the all-time great skaters that appeared in the last part of the show can you name?
    All females, 1/2 males!
    maybe more if I could see their faces clearer, but that means I still don't know them enough to instantly recognize.
    Last edited by bebevia; 11-04-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: spell

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast