Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Skaters who'll be remembered with time as among the greats

~high art~
    DW can't dance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    That is what is controversial.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if D/W win, but I think there will be a LOT of backlash over their win by the ice dancing community (with the exception of their fans (aka Goldenskate), NBC, and the American media).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Yeah, my reaction exactly. What have y'all been smoking? VM and DW are the only two teams whose OGM in Sochi will NOT be controversial. In ice dance, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    DW can't dance.
    Not even a little?

Custom Title
    Yu Na Kim
    Mao Asada
    Possibly Carolina if she performs well at this year's Olympics and Worlds

Patrick Chan, especially if he gets gold in the Olympics
    Takahashi (2nd tier all-time greats unless he medals at Olympics or Worlds)

Davis and White AND Virtue and Moir

Hopefully we'll see Jason Brown, Josh Farris, Hanyu, and Lipnitskia blossom into being worthy of all-time great status in the years to come! I don't think Ashley Wagner is gifted enough.

Custom Title
    and on a talent level: Jeremy Abbott.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLex View Post
    Yeah, my reaction exactly. What have y'all been smoking? VM and DW are the only two teams whose OGM in Sochi will NOT be controversial. In ice dance, that is.
    I wasn't talking about V/M and I think you know it

Custom Title
    That is what is controversial.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if D/W win, but I think there will be a LOT of backlash over their win by the ice dancing community worldwide (with the exception of their fans (aka Goldenskate), NBC, and the American media).
    Well, since I'm too clueless to be a "real" ice dance fan, I'll just have to settle for being someone who has loved ice dancing for more than thirty years, and stay with Davis/White.

I never understand a statement like this. Is there such an excess of fans for figure skating that all but the finest, most perceptive ones must be weeded out? And in any case, what influence do we even have with who wins the Olympics? Or did I miss the message about where to send my write-in instructions to the Sochi judges?

As for "the American media," I hate to disappoint you, but they have nothing to do with ice dancing or even ice skating as a whole. They don't report on skating, don't care about it, and probably don't know who the skaters are.

I wasn't talking about V/M and I think you know it
    Oh goody, I do so love a good troll.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Oh goody, I do so love a good troll.
    And oh goody, I do so love fans who know very little about ice dancing but to claim other's posts who are not in agreeance as trolling.

Trolling is posting solely for the purpose of riling other folks up and trying to provoke a response. Neither Virtue and Moir fans nor Davis and White fans do that.

And oh goody, I do so love fans who know very little about ice dancing but to claim other's posts who are not in agreeance as trolling.
    I actually know quite a lot about ice dance (though not Doris level) and have made hundreds of posts here to prove it. I also prefer V/M to D/W generally and have dozens of posts to back that up too. So far, you have only made vague posts pertaining to ice dance perceptions, which you are describing incorrectly. Pardon me if I doubt your vivid ice dance viewership throughout the years and thorough command of the sport.

That said, I'm done with this one. Must continue to remember not to feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Trolling is posting solely for the purpose of riling other folks up and trying to provoke a response. Neither Virtue and Moir fans nor Davis and White fans do that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I actually know quite a lot about ice dance (though not Doris level) and have made hundreds of posts here to prove it. I also prefer V/M to D/W generally and have dozens of posts to back that up too. So far, you have only made vague posts pertaining to ice dance perceptions, which you are describing incorrectly. Pardon me if I doubt your vivid ice dance viewership throughout the years and thorough command of the sport.

That said, I'm done with this one. Must continue to remember not to feed the trolls.

~high art~
    Oh please do not call other posters trolls because you do not like the way they post.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast