Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Ice Dance SD - Cup of China 2013

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Whichever, they appear to have bought "sliding on one knee" vs. "fall".

And yes, her exit was not without flaw. As I said, I would give the overall lift -1, despite being awesome in the air, because of the exit.

If one or more of the judges had thought it was a fall, they would have given the lift -3. Not one judge did. And looking at the replay, I don't think I would have called it a fall either.

Medalist
    Scores and levels are lower at this competition. Is is the skaters and their level of readiness/nerves or is it the tech panel?

Custom Title
    I can understand judges, because that fall was after the lift ended (Nathalie touched down) But I can't understand technical panel. If they bought "sliding on one knee" whatever, they can't deduct anything other than that. I think falling on your buttock should be a deduction. I hope those judges won't be at the Olympic panel.

Custom Title
    I really like P/B's program! It wasn't skated that well obviously but if it was I think it will be one of the best SDs this season for sure. Chock and Bates's program is interesting, it has some nice moments. IA with the Eurosport dudes though; I'm not sure about the music! B/S were meh for me.

Custom Title
    Sometimes i think kostamarev fell during the 2006 fd but it was just a knee slide.

Custom Title
    Went back to look at SA and SC short dances and maybe the tech panel might have been harsh here but the dances by the top teams especially V/M, D/W, W/P, C/L, probably even H/D were a cut above in general over what we saw earlier today. B/S and P/B need to step it up, but say what it's early in the season, maybe more effort at this point has gone into the FD.

Custom Title
    SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 65.70 Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    2. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 63.60 Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    3. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES (USA) - 56.77 Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    4. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON (USA) - 52.92 Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    5. Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 50.20 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    6. Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU (CHN)41.79 Short Dance
    7. Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG (CHN) - 41.24 Short Dance, 2nd Copy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    B/S were skating in very intricate dance holds at the end of their program that made theirs more difficult than P/B's, but I just wish they didn't front-load this program so much as to put all the elements in the beginning like that.
    HAHA yup I just re-watched Bobrova/Soloviev's short dance, and the last 45 seconds of their program has absolutely no scoring tech elements. They're pretty much in dance hold with her mouth agape throughout. If you look at the other top teams this season the programs are constructed so that all the elements are spread out. I know this isn't singles where you get a bonus at the halfway mark but I think it's a cop out to be frontloading your program like that.

the SD for most of the teams just felt very sloppy and rushed... were we just that spoiled with Skate Canada and Skate America with teams that seemed more polished?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7