Men SP - Cup of China 2013 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men SP - Cup of China 2013

Matilda

Medalist
I feel sorry for Denis--but I'm impressed he's even skating here, considering the infection he had. When he's fully recovered, he'll be in the mix.

bluesky85

On the Ice
Isn't he injured or something and he also has some kind of infection...?? Maybe he shouldn't have recovered first to prevent worse injury....

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Matilda said:
I feel sorry for Denis--but I'm impressed he's even skating here, considering the infection he had. When he's fully recovered, he'll be in the mix.

Yes, considering the circumstances, I think he did really well. He's not my cup of tea, but hopefully he'll be back full force at Euros :)

emdee

Final Flight
Only time will tell whether Worlds 2012 was his moment to shine or whether it will be repeated.
Denis Ten has all the goods as a skater. I remember him as a very young man peforming wonderfully at the vancouver Olys. However, he has never a consistent skater over the years. His silver medal will also put pressure on him to perform. Kozuka with all his skill and quality of skating has never been able to repeat his podium finish either. So who really knows about Ten.....

emdee

Final Flight
Ten has a Lori Nichol program and she knows how to work the system when it comes to PCS.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Dear TV crew. Stop showing spins from above! Can't see anything. :mad:

The Cup of China always has that Skycam obsession with showing spins from above. They also broadcast all the wrong things in the montage of the skaters' programs while we are waiting for marks. :bang: :bang:

I wish the ISU had a camera crew protocol for senior events... :bow:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
emdee said:
Ten has a Lori Nichol program and she knows how to work the system when it comes to PCS.

That's not the only thing that should be scored though. It was really visible that he wasn't at his best, he looked kind of disconnected and slow. Given his injury it was a great effort, but it still should be reflected in the scores...

Han really should have had the highest PCS of the night, followed by Kozuka. They are pretty close on PCS though, so it's not that big a deal.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
At least the chinese audience got some redemption. Except Yan, all their other skaters ended up on the last places today.

Well this was a bit of sad mess. Not a single performance which would show the whole package.

Tell this to the Chinese skaters all of whom had bland programs, which didn't highlight their strong points at all.

Ten's program had a very impressive straight line step sequence but was quite empty until that point.

enlight78

Medalist
Look like the GPFinal is going to be quite the mix, Yan and Machida comming on strong early, Amodio please do something other than skate around in the first half of your program, and judges please stop encouraging it. Then Ten did very well under the circumstances, Kozuka improving bit by bit

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow Yan! But I do find the judgin in the men's at COC rather generous I think each skater would lose 5 marks normally. Yan is great technically but his pcs shouldn't be so high - Dai, Chan, Abbott and even Fernandez are a level or two up. but technically wow!

Matilda

Medalist
Kozuka has IN scores between 7.50 and 8.25, PE from 7.25 (!!) to 8.50, while Denis has IN 7.75 to 8.75 and PE from 7.50 to 9.00. I like Denis, but I think Kozuka's become a much better performer, and had more energy and connection to music this time than Denis, who is clearly not fully recovered yet. Am I the only one who thinks this is off? :disapp:

apple123

On the Ice
Wow Yan! But I do find the judgin in the men's at COC rather generous I think each skater would lose 5 marks normally. Yan is great technically but his pcs shouldn't be so high - Dai, Chan, Abbott and even Fernandez are a level or two up. but technically wow!

I think Yan is up there with the first three regarding the skating skills, and no, you lost the plot when you mentioned Fernandez