Men SP - Cup of China 2013 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men SP - Cup of China 2013

Moment

Final Flight
Kozuka has IN scores between 7.50 and 8.25, PE from 7.25 (!!) to 8.50, while Denis has IN 7.75 to 8.75 and PE from 7.50 to 9.00. I like Denis, but I think Kozuka's become a much better performer, and had more energy and connection to music this time than Denis, who is clearly not fully recovered yet. Am I the only one who thinks this is off? :disapp:

World medalist bonus

enlight78

Medalist
Wow Yan! But I do find the judgin in the men's at COC rather generous I think each skater would lose 5 marks normally. Yan is great technically but his pcs shouldn't be so high - Dai, Chan, Abbott and even Fernandez are a level or two up. but technically wow!

I would have to disagree, I feel If anything Yan was slight underscored, especially compared to Fernandez

apple123

On the Ice
Kozuka has IN scores between 7.50 and 8.25, PE from 7.25 (!!) to 8.50, while Denis has IN 7.75 to 8.75 and PE from 7.50 to 9.00. I like Denis, but I think Kozuka's become a much better performer, and had more energy and connection to music this time than Denis, who is clearly not fully recovered yet. Am I the only one who thinks this is off? :disapp:

Ten is overscored at PCS. The judges hold him up for the silver medal or his coach.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow Yan! But I do find the judgin in the men's at COC rather generous I think each skater would lose 5 marks normally. Yan is great technically but his pcs shouldn't be so high - Dai, Chan, Abbott and even Fernandez are a level or two up. but technically wow!

if you look at the edges
Yan has even better S/S than you beloved Chan :rolleye:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Pet peeve: Camera operators, can we PLEASE allow skaters to blow their noses in peace before they skate? It's pretty common to need to do it, and I doubt there's a single audience member who wants a closeup of someone blowing his nose. I'll take the overhead spin shots over the nose blowing closeups any day.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Han (Honey, DD, Hanee). I am so proud of you!!:love: just so you know his SP (choreographed by Lori) used Music of "Minor Waltz" and " Viper's Drag". according to Hanee " the SP portraits a hooligan who is flirting with girls while being deluded by Ecstasy... It is more feels like a EX instead of SP..."

I also hate the Camera operator, really terrible (all the wrong angles)!!!:disapp:

emdee

Final Flight
Well this was a bit of sad mess. Not a single performance which would show the whole package.

Tell this to the Chinese skaters all of whom had bland programs, which didn't highlight their strong points at all.

Ten's program had a very impressive straight line step sequence but was quite empty until that point.

The question is whether the programs are watered down or not. A choreographer can develop the most charming COP friendly program ( and I dont mean Lori here!) but it is up to the skater to perform it. One big advantage of Lori is that historically she has been able to bring out a skaters strong points.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Yan is up there with the first three regarding the skating skills, and no, you lost the plot when you mentioned Fernandez

But the edging is just not there especially compared to Chan- its almost like he scratches the surface compared to them besides at 90 that means Chan and Dai would have even at their best beating that and element wise he is the same almost as Chan - though he doesn't get into his spin positions the best. I just don't see how Yan can score so high or rather should score so high. Santa came early I guess for Yan.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Han (Honey, DD, Hanee). I am so proud of you!!:love: just so you know his SP (choreographed by Lori) used Music of "Minor Waltz" and " Viper's Drag". according to Hanee " the SP portraits a hooligan who is flirting with girls while being deluded by Ecstasy... It is more feels like a EX instead of SP..."

I also hate the Camera operator, really terrible (all the wrong angles)!!!:disapp:

Yeah, like that was oh so clear the story lol:)

lcd

Match Penalty
Was happy and relieved to see Denis able to skate and compete. I cannot remember a Grand Prix series event for him at any time in the past few years where he was able to deliver at his best. I hope he focuses on getting healthy before the Olympics.

French nationals will be very interesting.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I would have to disagree, I feel If anything Yan was slight underscored, especially compared to Fernandez

so I guess Yan at 17 already is better than Dai and Chan at their best almost. Well they might as well retire lol. I just don't see his pcs being up that high and his spin positions aren't the best. He is flexible for his age of course but still.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
if you look at the edges

I'm sorry I just don't see that but we are allowed to disagree. I do notice though sky fly seems to always have negative things to say about Canadians - is this a coincidence. the sociological pattern though seems to be clear.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so I guess Yan at 17 already is better than Dai and Chan at their best almost. Well they might as well retire lol. I just don't see his pcs being up that high and his spin positions aren't the best. He is flexible for his age of course but still.

a little competition for Chanflated Fraud wouldn't hurt
unless your intimidated by him ;)

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Han YAN (CHN) - 90.14 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 81.84 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 81.62 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 77.05 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 76.75 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 72.58 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 69.34 Short Program
8. Nan SONG (CHN) - 68.68 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Yi WANG (CHN) - 63.27 Short Program

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yeah, like that was oh so clear the story lol:)

I don't like your tone here. I wrote this info is just to wish people to understand this young promising skater- Han Yan more. Not implicate anything.
He is young and still need to improve a lot in terms of performance etc. But he did gave it a lot of effort, during the past season, and it is visible here, and that was definitely a great SP.
Han's idol has always been your beloved Patrick. You dont need to worry about anything!

emdee

Final Flight
I'm sorry I just don't see that but we are allowed to disagree. I do notice though sky fly seems to always have negative things to say about Canadians - is this a coincidence. the sociological pattern though seems to be clear.

I see the same too!
I like Yan and he may develop into a very fine skater. But, I dont think his skating skills are in the Chan range. Lets see how he does in his long.
He is very young so he has time to develop... or not.

Yan is great technically but his pcs shouldn't be so high

SS should be so high or even higher. Other PCS, no.

The problem is, judges seem unable to separate the different PCS when marking.

Kozuka has great basic skating but even if his timing was ok, his movements looked mechanical. I don't understand at all why he was given this music and this choreography. He's not an extroverted performer. I didn't see any energy or projection in that performance.

if you look at the edges

Nope. He's not there yet. Good glide but edges nowhere near as deep.

One big advantage of Lori is that historically she has been able to bring out a skaters strong points.

She's very hit and miss though. A few great programs but also a lot of bland and forgettable ones.

I would never guess that if you didn't post that. I don't understand this choice of music at all for him. I'd give him a longato program which would emphasise his glide and flow. He's quite introverted and his movement wasn't 'playful' and it looked quite awkward.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't like your tone here. I wrote this info is just to wish people to understand this young promising skater- Han Yan more. Not implicate anything.
He is young and still need to improve a lot in terms of performance etc. But he did gave it a lot of effort, during the past season, and it is visible here, and that was definitely a great SP.
Han's idol has always been your beloved Patrick. You dont need to worry about anything!

someone got intimidated that their certain overscored and overrated skater
has a competition from Yuzuru and Yan

wallylutz

Medalist
someone got intimidated that their certain overscored and overrated skater
has a competition from Yuzuru and Yan

Given the kind of PCS and mediocre performance we have been seeing from your beloved prince, I doubt many people perceive him as a competition at all.