Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80

Thread: Pairs SP - Cup of China 2013

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    875
    ^^ That's the point, they have seemingly sacrificed intricacy and sophisticated choreography just to do an axel that they rarely hit? And the guys are getting up there in age..hmmm....

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    And the chances of beating a clean V/T without it is 0, so...they have to do it.

    They've been trying this element in competition since 2012. Hopefully by the time the Olympics rolls around, they can nail it cleanly.
    good luck to that
    even Mao who has been doing 3A since juniors gets two footed landings after all these years

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    244
    I am surprised to see P/T in the lead, for me their Lady Caliph does not compare favourably to B/S, still they deserved to be in the lead they were the best. I was disappointed with S/S, I don't see this programme challenging V/T in Sochi or anywhere else, I found the programme to be slow. I was pleasantly surprised with P/Z, much better than I expected, she has improved a lot in the last number of months.

    I couldn't understand M/R low mark but when I watched it I see they messed up the combination spin. I think they were undermarked in PCS, they were ranked 7 of the 8th couples, a bit harsh I think.

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,720
    PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

    1. Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN) - 70.38 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    2. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 69.07 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    3. Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 64.24 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    4. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 57.99 Short Program
    5. Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG (CHN) - 57.16 Short Program
    6. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 53.02 Short Program
    7. Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 51.82
    8. Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY (USA) - 50.33

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    641
    Is it just me or has time been quite kind to Pang/Tong. He doesn't look nearly as scary anymore to me and she doesn't look so emaciated. It could just be that I have gotten used to their look, but I think age has helped them.

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    430
    I love P/T's SP, very nicely done and skated. Like the dress too. She looks stunning.
    S/S is about their average right now. The 3A th setup was really long and distracting, why don't they put it earlier so that they can do it better? There is no bonus for doing it late any way.

    P/Z make big progress comparing with last year but I hate their costumes, so bizarre looking and color combination.

    Thank you Mao88 again!

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    wherever life takes me
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    And the chances of beating a clean V/T without it is 0, so...they have to do it.

    They've been trying this element in competition since 2012. Hopefully by the time the Olympics rolls around, they can nail it cleanly.
    This. Most of you guys in this thread oversee the point.

    S/S are not going to be happy with a silver and doing a flip is just that - aiming at silver. They're going for gold. Even if their chances are 1%, they're still gonna try. They are fighters and silver is just a pretty package for defeat for them. I guess they would rather fall to bronze or even off the podium while trying to win the gold than simply give up the hopes of gold even before stepping on the ice.

    I for one respect that. I would love for other teams to be so competitive and ambitious. And if they're seriously thinking of landing those axels in Sochi, they have to try them every chance they get. Even if it means losing some GP events before it clicks.

    I still believe it will click and they will hit it.

    Also, I wouldn't judge by what the jump looked like here. She just had a massive fall on that a couple days ago. She's probably still bruised, mentally too.

  8. #68
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    430
    I got that and respect them for that. But a easier placement of the element would earn them just as much.

    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLex View Post
    This. Most of you guys in this thread oversee the point.

    S/S are not going to be happy with a silver and doing a flip is just that - aiming at silver. They're going for gold. Even if their chances are 1%, they're still gonna try. They are fighters and silver is just a pretty package for defeat for them. I guess they would rather fall to bronze or even off the podium while trying to win the gold than simply give up the hopes of gold even before stepping on the ice.

    I for one respect that. I would love for other teams to be so competitive and ambitious. And if they're seriously thinking of landing those axels in Sochi, they have to try them every chance they get. Even if it means losing some GP events before it clicks.

    I still believe it will click and they will hit it.

    Also, I wouldn't judge by what the jump looked like here. She just had a massive fall on that a couple days ago. She's probably still bruised, mentally too.

  9. #69
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    wow, Peng is 29 and Zhang only 16. Huge age difference.
    Peng is 16 and Zhang is 29……You know Zhang Hao was the OG silver medalist in 2006 with Zhang Dan. They also attended 2002 OG. Zhang Dan just retired 2 years ago.

  10. #70
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    430
    Wow, first time seeing the new Chinese pair W/W, surprisingly good! I can't see why the American pair S/K ahead of them. S/K 's SP feels longer than a LP to me.

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    Wow, first time seeing the new Chinese pair W/W, surprisingly good! I can't see why the American pair S/K ahead of them. S/K 's SP feels longer than a LP to me.
    Just watched W/W and S/K and I agree. And S/K's fall together really made me LOL, so synchronized.Never seen this kind fall before.

  12. #72
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    478
    S/S has a beautiful piece of music, but the choreograph needs to be more dramatic & emotional. He should really change his "bootleg" pants.

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Because it's Cup of China.

    1 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 70.38 37.39 32.99 8.14 7.93 8.39 8.25 8.54 0.00 #7
    2 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER 69.07 35.27 33.80 8.54 8.18 8.46 8.54 8.54 0.00 #8
    3 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN 64.24 35.89 28.35 7.11 6.82 7.29 7.04 7.18 0.00 #3
    4 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA 57.99 32.56 27.43 6.93 6.61 6.71 7.00 7.04 2.00 #5
    5 Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG CHN 57.16 32.81 25.35 6.36 5.93 6.57 6.46 6.36 1.00 #1
    6 Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS 53.02 27.91 25.11 6.43 6.07 6.25 6.39 6.25 0.00 #4
    7 Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT FRA 51.82 27.60 25.22 6.43 6.04 6.18 6.46 6.43 1.00 #6
    8 Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY USA 50.33 27.13 24.20 6.00 5.93 6.11 6.18 6.04 1.00 #2
    Let's not pretend you are talking about the camema work in your original post, shall we?

  14. #74
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Just watched W/W and S/K and I agree. And S/K's fall together really made me LOL, so synchronized.Never seen this kind fall before.
    yes, that was hilarious very much synchronized

  15. #75
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,606
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    Let's not pretend you are talking about the camema work in your original post, shall we?
    But she was. No need to pretend! Yay!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •