Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Pairs SP - Cup of China 2013

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    I got that and respect them for that. But a easier placement of the element would earn them just as much.
    That's a fair point. I forgot pairs teams don't get a second half bonus for the SP. But then again, if they are still planning it late in their LP, then doing it late in their SP shouldn't be a problem either.

I just hope they can pull it out and win the Olympics, pending assessment of their LP. We need better than Jesus Christ Superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    That's a fair point. I forgot pairs teams don't get a second half bonus for the SP. But then again, if they are still planning it late in their LP, then doing it late in their SP shouldn't be a problem either.

I just hope they can pull it out and win the Olympics, pending assessment of their LP. We need better than Jesus Christ Superstar.
    There is always the wow-factor of it being the last thing they do?

(I didn't know - didn't realise - there wasn't a second half bonus for the pairs. Why not? It seems odd that they would be "left out", so to speak?)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    There is always the wow-factor of it being the last thing they do?

(I didn't know - didn't realise - there wasn't a second half bonus for the pairs. Why not? It seems odd that they would be "left out", so to speak?)
    I would think that's a double edges sward. If they do it well, it would be a wow factor; if they failed, that would be an ouch factor.

If they put it earlier they would have more energy to have a better chance of success, and a peace of mind that it's done. If they fail, they could make up the impression by skating the lights out for the remaining portion of the program.

So I think it's still a good choice to put it out earlier unless they want to keep the rhythm in line with the LP so that they just need to get used to one pattern. Anyways, good luck S/S. It's nice to spice things up and make the competition less predictable.

Custom Title
    1 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 70.38 37.39 32.99 8.14 7.93 8.39 8.25 8.54 0.00 #7
    Whee I'm over the moon! Qing Jian is my sentimental favorite, as well as Yuko Sasha. Even though it's CoC, they did great considering their age and series of injuries over these years, I think. Good luck to them in Free Skate! Hope they can finish 2nd after S/S at least.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Because pairs do so many risk elements: jumps, throws, twist and lift. Most pairs would probably just do their lift in the 2nd part, as they currently do in the FS (where there is a 2nd half bonus)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6