Ladies SP - Cup of China 2013 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - Cup of China 2013

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I agree about the first part of your comment that she is being heavily politicked by the Russian federation. But I still think she is one of the best choices for Russia along with Julia for Sochi. She did land her flip this time, so she might in fact stop popping her flip. We will see :)

I don't know whether she actually took off with the right edge or the technical panel just decided ignore it....

I wouldn't bet on it, Sotnikova self destructs in the LP
she's the exact opposite of Tuk, at least you can use Tuk in the LP for the Team event in Sochi

It looked like a flutz. I just felt it was weird, since I'd have expected it to be closer to a 3Lz(e)-3Lo than a 3Lz-3Lo<, but of course the most important thing for technical panels to do is to throw UR calls at 3-3Lo's.

It was clearly cheated.

bluesky85

On the Ice
Was Kexin lowballed in PCS or was she just that bad artistically? I haven't watched the video yet, so I can't say.... I know her SS or expression are not very good, but I didn't know she deserved only 22 or 23 in PCS... Her TES is I think third out of ten...? And her PCS is ninth!

Was Kexin lowballed in PCS or was she just that bad artistically? I haven't watched the video yet, so I can't say.... I know her SS or expression are not very good, but I didn't know she deserved only 22 or 23 in PCS... Her TES is I think third out of ten...? And her PCS is ninth!

She didn't even try. It was just painful to watch. I've seen more expression and commitment from skaters doing a 6am run-through.

flying camel

Medalist
Agnes was her same very disappointing self. Why did she get a GP? She never does anything. She will probably fall even lower after the free skate. She is just too scared to compete. Her spot should go to someone else.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Kind of disappointed in Kanako's new SP. I didn't feel anything at all. Last years SP was so good - she should have kept it. I don't see her making the GP final. :no:

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 66.03 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 62.75 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 60.24 Short Program
4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 57.33 Short Program
5. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 54.79 Short Program
6. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 53.76 Short Program
7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 53.73 Short Program
8. Zijun LI (CHN) - 53.58 Short Program
9. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 53.32 Short Program
10. Xiaowen GUO (CHN) - 45.32

FSGMT

Record Breaker
A lot of the choreography made little sense.
I don't see it. The score is okay, but I think the program is relatively bland and boring, no highlights, it just kind of dabbled along, and I already don't remember anything from it besides the fall. That's worlds of differences to last seasons SP. Hopefully her LP is up to her standard again, I'm really excited to see her skating to Sheherazade....
Really sad to read these comments :cry: But I guess that this is the beautiful thing about our favourite sport ;) Maybe a clean performance will convince more people, because obviosuly with the mistakes the program looked a lot weakier...

ciocio

On the Ice
Adelina's score clearly she is still being politicked by her Federation
I don't see her as Russian No.1 , what do her Fed see so much in her ? :disagree:

all I see in Sotnikova is a Flutzer, cannot rotate a 3-3, popped Flips and a headcase
I'm gutted this almost scored the same as Julia's SP :disapp:

Great! Now let's wait for Kovtun's scores! :laugh::rolleye::rolleye:

Sara

On the Ice
So far this event hasn't been too exciting. I love Carolina but her new SP isn't as good as I expected. Like someone here said you would assume Lori would create something special for her for this olympic season. I hope Caro will improve towards the end of the season. Pretty dress even though all the butterflies were a bit too much! Adelina was good but I would still put Julia ahead of her as Russia's number 1. Pogorilaya was a nice surprise! I hope the audience would cheer for all skaters, not only for the Chinese!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
FSGMT said:
Really sad to read these comments But I guess that this is the beautiful thing about our favourite sport Maybe a clean performance will convince more people, because obviosuly with the mistakes the program looked a lot weakier...

Actually, I don't think so ^^" Caro is usually really good in selling a program even with mistakes, and it was still nice to watch overall, because of her great skating skills and presence. But compared to last season, it's a real let down. Lori should have really given Caro something more special for the Olympic season. At least she looks stunning in that dress, and I love the butterflies :biggrin:

MaiKatze said:
Kind of disappointed in Kanako's new SP. I didn't feel anything at all. Last years SP was so good - she should have kept it. I don't see her making the GP final.

Kanako's SPs were my overall favorites the last two seasons! I was so excited to see how her new SP would be, but this is pretty disappointing too. And her LP didn't look good at JO either :cry:

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Seriously, Carolina Kostner is OVERRATED!!!
This program is not good at all and doesn't deserve so high PCS :mad:

I'm tired of thoses PCS boost for weak performance :disagree:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

she's a two time Olympian, so PCS boost will be there
though this one of Carolina's worst SP with almost no transitions, should have kept her SP at 2013 Worlds

It's not outstanding but it's good enough. Not like there were any other programs at this competition which were any better.

thinspread

On the Ice
My feed froze so I just finished watching the last group.

Kostner.. I just can't understand her music choice or choreography. It looks really junior-level, rather I would even call it novice-level, given the quality of Russian and American juniors nowadays. It also looks very conservative and cautious. Big disappointment for me. I think Lipnitskaia would have done better than that. So much hype for her quasi-artistry.

What was her team thinking? Is that really an Oly podium caliber program?

bluesky85

On the Ice
My feed froze so I just finished watching the last group.

Kostner.. I just can't understand her music choice or choreography. It looks really junior-level, rather I would even call it novice-level, given the quality of Russian and American juniors nowadays. It also looks very conservative and cautious. Big disappointment for me. I think Lipnitskaia would have done better than that. So much hype for her quasi-artistry.

What was her team thinking? Is that really an Oly podium caliber program?

Maybe the good will come out later towards the end of the season.... at the Olympics, hopefully...