NRW Trophy Single & Pair Skating Dortmund, Germany / 4th of December - 8th of December | Page 3 | Golden Skate

NRW Trophy Single & Pair Skating Dortmund, Germany / 4th of December - 8th of December

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Novice Girls

Group one

Gemma Pohl 56,11

I liked how she kept looking into the crowd, the jumps while not very high, were in most cases clean and fully rotated, slight issues at the single Axel - double Toe and her final Rittberger. She dressed in pink, very girly.

Lara Luft 41.71 - 62.15

I think that never before the name of a Skater fit that beautiful to her personality. Luft as we learned yesterday means "air" and this young lady is absolutely not noticable on the ice. She is quite small and it looks really cute when she skates, like a little snowflake in the wind. Yesterday this young skater was almost not noticable on the ice and again, she was just floating over the ice and the performance today was a lot more stable than yesterday as well, she only fell at her double Lutz and also performed a double Lutz - double Rittberger! All in one a very nice performance that put a smile on my face!

Nice programm - the crowd was completely silent during her routine, you could hear a needle drop!

Lara Valenti 33.25 - 51.91

She definately timed the last double Rittberger wonderful with the music and gave us all a big smile on her face, when she put it on the ice. A very elegant skate of her, quite the opposite to Lara before, but dont get me wrong here - as different they were, as enjoyable they were both as well!

Brona Gabhann 22.87 - 39.21

A very tiny skater as well, dressed like a lady from the 50-60s. She doesnt seem to be the biggest jumper, as she had almost no take off through her jumps which of course was heavily penalized by the judges with loads of - 3 marks.
Brona seemed to be quite shy and in her own world on the ice today, but hey she is still so young! There are grown up men who couldnt even do it once, what these young girls do every day for so many years! Her performance was cute in a very specific way, but judges sadly only see the bad things of these type of performances - while I always try to see the good, thats why I would make a horrible judge and mostly why the ISU didnt even reply to my application email yet .. (just kidding)

Her double Sal at the end was her best jump today but also the combination spin with changing feet was nicely done.

Rosa Ballatine 29.38 - 55.47

She did some wonderfull pirouettes at the end, sadly she also fell at the Flying sit spin in the middle of her programm. Not the fastest skater, but I still enjoyed her performance which she started with a single Axel and finished with a double Toe.

Group 2

Tatsiana Chornaya 39.95 - 61.72

She is quite a shy person, really in her own world on the ice. Its a pity, she could smile a bit more to be honest! What I liked was the start of her programm, very soft movments with her upper body. While she didnt do the most difficult jumps, as example double Flip / double Lutz in combination with a double Toe - she did them cleanly, just with a slight wobble at the Lutz combination. The Camel Spin at the end was also nicely performed as well.

Christina Fitz 34.19 - 55.78

She was really enjoyable today! Her music fit very well to her personality on the ice, very calm and soft, also the red dress and some red colours in the hair looked really lovely.
Unfortunately did she run a bit out of steam in the end and made a few silly mistakes, like at her combination spin and the double Sal that she landed with her butt, quite funny was that this fit just perfect to the music at this point.

Paulina Ramanauskaite 38.14 - 59.76

She was the first young lady that gave us 4 at the upper end a bow! ;) Its quite funny, some skaters just ignore you, while others even bow if nobody sits there at all :D Maybe thats why the organisation comittee put that big plant in the middle? Anyways, lets not go to far off topic here its just the price someone must pay if he sits in Nomansland I guess...

As for Pauline´s performance today. Well, she was a litte Keira Knightley today - If you dont know who that is, well... watch Pirates of the Carrabean. Pauline most likely also watched the movie and most likely enjoyed it a lot, as she was performing to music from the movie today as well.
She started her programm with a very nice double Rittberger (Loop) unfortunately missed the double Axel.

Paulina seemed a bit unhappy at the end of her performance or was it just the relief? I think she did really nice and as I said earlier before, those Llituanian girls have nice Skating Skills and steps in their programms and as you know, these matter even more than jumps for me. Imagine, figure skating without jumps! What others would hate, I wouldnt mind and maybe some of todays skaters agree´s with me there. ;)

Laura Sabaliuskaite 39.12 - 61.09

I said it yesterday already I really like this skater, she has a nice attitude on the ice - its a joy to watch her. You kind of forget time if you watch her and you also dont care about Flip and Axel that didnt work today. No! And even though her music runs out in the end, it didnt matter - she could had kept going like that forever and I could have kept watching forever until one of us would starve to death I suppose ;)

She performed some lovely spins right infront of me but also a wonderful Pielman! You can say that she is definately a bit further than most of the others before her. Further in the way how she sells her programm, like a Lady! I think Inga will have some competition in future - did I mention yet I like skaters from Lituania?

I think, no I am sure we will hear from that young Lady in the future!

Katharina 41.68 - 61

You could take her for a Austrian after all she skated like one and I dont mean this disrespectufully. No! She made a few sloppy errors, like her double Axel at the start but also during the double Lutz - Single Toe combination. Nonetheless did I like the speed of her at some points in the programm, also her double Flip was executed nicely and the triple which she most likely already does in the practice, should find its way soon into the choreographie.

Group three

Celine Leonie Weiss 40.33 - 62.53

I love how she always smiles, that is so great and she made my day yesterday with it! She performaned a nice Pielman and I really liked her combination spin in the middle of the programm, nice work with the arms there! She also had quite some difficult combos in her programm, with the double Lutz - double Rittberger. In general I think she really likes that Rittberger jump as she performed it a few times today either solo or in combination.
Pity that she made a few smaller mistakes - still a very happy and enjoyable performance and I really like this young lady and her personality on the ice! Keep it up!

Nadine Seidl 45.66 - 68.26

What a wonderful dress! Absolutely loved it. It was in the style of the Phantom of the Opera, black white, with some masks on it. Looked absolutely gorgoes! Her spins were really fast and her timing for the Pielman was great. The highlight so to speak just when the music reached its climax. Nicely done! She also attempted a double Lutz - double Rittberger, sadly not clean and slightly under rotated.

Sarah Papa 37.45 - 60.08

I liked that she kept a male element in her program. Yesterday she was wearing pants and today she had a tie. Her step sequence was quite funky, I am sure she got quite some temperament also off the ice. Shy is something she must look up in the dictionary I believe. Sadly she also fell on her double flip.

Lucia Settels 44.93 - 67.23

She had a great variety in her program, I liked that. My favorite part was definately the middle part with her double Rittberger - double Toe. Really a joy to watch what she did with her arms during those steps, going nicely with the flow of the music. Nice job there Lucia!

Naomi Verdeyen 43.17 - 65.62

She has a great jacket with her name written on it; like some type of VIP that does movies! I mean others like Naomi Campbell have this too ... but I would take the Belgium Naomi over the "I hit you in the face if I dont like it Naomi" at all times!

During the skate she of course dropped the jacket and as a real movie star she of course had some bling bling under it. Naomi dressed in pink today and as I said before, her personality is absolutely awesome on the ice! She seems to be a very open minded type of person who skates for the crowd mostly, trying to entertain them and we all know that some crowds are more difficult to entertain than others, especially if your name isnt on the top 5 of the GP season.

She had a silly fall at the beginn of her program during a transition element and the double Lutz didnt look that amazing either, but seriously who cares! The performance itself was really fast with great speed during the spins - I really enjoyed her skate and while I also like those "shy" skaters sometimes, those that get you involved in their programms are definately among my favorites on the ice as well, at least if its their true nature and not a choreographed "mask".

Group 4

Regina Riva 47.99 - 71.15

She was a total joy to watch, so was her coach! He kept jumping and spinning and god knows what else, just like she did! He was totally into her performance - great! She also put her arms in the air for some extra points during some of the jumps and she opened up with a double Axel - double Toe! Big element for those young girls.

What made me very happy was that the jumps that she practiced so hard today, finally worked out in the competition. She really deserved that!

Karen Naomi Krähe 42.36 - 65.48

She was one of my favorites the other day and again she did delivered. Well at least if we just ignore the part where three of her jumps including the double Lutz just didnt really work that well, but hey... she managed to stay on her feet which shows the fighting spirit in her so lets give her some credit for that as well!

All together it was a very pleasant skate of Naomie. I really enjoyed what she was doing with her hands during the whole time, she put them together like a prayer and those simple things that you as a skater might find silly at first, make at least for me the difference. Its all about Choreographie and since I know a little bit about dancing and choreos there, I always look out for such things.

Greta Mager 51.14 - 75.63

She had a lovely Choreographie, well timed elements and she was so fast! Lovely pink - black dress as well. Nice musical change too - very enjoyable skate for me and for our jumping fans here, she put a lovely double Lutz, double Flip - double Toe on the ice as well.

Jessica Mccrum 44. 46 - 69.37

A brit at Austria, really a lovely performance. She enjoyed herself a lot as well, always sending a smile to the audience. Got to say though she really looks very british, her expression in the face, like directly from Buckingham Palace. Ya guys my time at Sheffield left its spurs...
Anyways, she performed a very clean program with no major mistakes, especially the spins were nice - I really enjoyed it! Long wait for her score though! They might better re-name the kiss & cry into "kiss or cry while you wait".

Talking about crying, so far no crying girls! Ya, I just cant those tears of Isa out of my head at Nebelhorn, damn... but a wise girl once told me, "we are girls and we have every right to cry whenever we want" ;)

Amber Britz 35.50 - 58.

The South African really had to fight hard today. Not an easy task for sure, but she bravely fought her way back after struggling with the double Axel who was sadly downgraded. She was wandering a little bit with her spins at times, still - it was a nice programm!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Group 5

Molly Mitchell-Knight 41.18 - 67. 50

That was a very entertaining performance. She dressed in white and I just love how she does that one Pirouette at the end where she puts the skating boot right to her head. It looks scary and beauiful at the same time.

Loena Hendrickx 49.00 - 76.03

Loena was wearing a red & black dress in carmen style, one of those cases for our forum police due its revealing character I guess. ;)
She spins her Pirouettes really fast, especially the Pielman. Lovely quality at the foot changes as well!

She sadly didnt perform all her jumps that well, she opened with a nasty "double fault" so to speak when her Axel wasnt landed and the triple Sal didnt make the full three revolutions either. Later she showed what talent she has with a clean double Rittberger and a double Flip - double Toe combination. The errors were a shame, but I am sure she will go her way - talent is there.

Jennifer Fischer 38.00 - 62.74

Sh-it

Thats what she said, not me!

I enjoyed her opening into the step sequence a lot, unfortunately did she have a few missed jumps like her double Axel and the double Toe - double Toe combination and her comment to that was simply put sh-it ;)

Besides the mistakes it really was a nice programm and I enjoyed it. She is an elegant skater, very mature and as proven with the double Rittberger - double Rittberger combo - a good jumper as well.

Milena Gerner 46.52 - 71.46

She didnt seem to be that happy, but I think even with the mistakes, it still was a nice performance. She attempted a double Lutz - double Rittberger combination, which she could land with a few problems, sadly the Axel was just a single. Her spins were really fast, nice Pirouettes as well!

Marina Kalicanin 42.87 - 68.65

The girl with the great name Kalicanin!

The golden girl of Dortmund, I really like this one, though I have to admit that I am not 100% sure about the choice of music. It might be a bit too heavy for her, she is more a quiet person so I think having some quieter music, that would support her "floating figure", might suit her better.

She still performed a nice programm, especially the foot changing spins, looked very good! Marina is one of the youngest here, so expecting major jumps would be wrong I think. I find it quite amazing to be honest, that she can actually skate at this level and I am sure she will go her way and then the bigger jumps will come sooner or later and if not, who cares! Well I am sure she and her coaches would, but as I said it earlier - jumps are not everything, we had champions without a triple - triple etc.

Anna Wehrheim 48.68

If you look at such a competition then there are moments of absolute silence while some skaters perform and I think thats a real pity. Imagine you skate and give your best, but get no feedback, that suxx! She was such a case, no emotions in the crowd even though she performed a nice double Lutz - double Rittberger.

As for her programm, I actually enjoyed it and I think she should try to enjoy her skates more as well - might help with crowds at times. Smile at them and they will smile back ;)

Group 6

Celine Göbel 48.62 - 76.28

She opened with a double Lutz - double Toe, HUGE jump - great element! Nothing wrong with her skate, it was nice to watch.

Alisa Stomakhina 59.06 - 88.24

This young Lady made a huge jump! Not only because of her triple Lutz and triple Toe - double Toe combination. No! She was 8th after the SP and managed to climb onto the Podium with an amazing free skate, the second best today! She has a very fast rotation in the air and gains a lot of height with her jumps. She is more a shy skater, but still very cute in her appearance on the ice. Well done!

Kyarha van Tiel 52.91 - 80.87

Sadly she fell on her triple Rittberger, but I really enjoyed her programm it was nice to watch.

Oona Ounasvouri 48.30 - 77.55

Lets see what the new finnish Armada has to offer, she is coming along in a black top with white skirt.

Aw that was a real pity, all those mistakes. Thats a common issue lately with the finish skaters, they just cant stand their Loops, Toe´s and Lutzes anymore. Such a pity! As a Fin she of course had great skating skills and a nice interpretation as well and you must give her credit for actually trying a triple Lutz which is a really tough element, the toughest after the triple Axel. Brave young Lady she is and I am sure we will see her in the future and I hope, she doesnt just disappear like Alisa did.

Emma Ignatius 52.83 - 81.76

I liked how she kept her smile throughout the program thats nice, something quite a few finnish girls dont even have at the start of their programm and no thats not critic, I love finnish skaters and will always do.
Especially her last spins were a joy to watch, hopefully she can land those jumps a bit cleaner next time.

Madeleine Lidholm Torgersen 46.84 - 74.29

She was performing like a Ballerina in her pink dress. Her movements are very mature and she never lost her smile! Toe in combination with the double Rittberger shortly before the end was her best jump element. Heya Norge!

Group 7

Julie Froetscher 49.89 - 80.70

Well, this was a big up and down today. She started right with an error at her triple Toe, but came back with a great smile after the triple Toe - double Toe. I absolutely loved her dress by the way, great neon colours. Also nice was the step sequence right at the end, to the irish music.

Kalina Lewicka 59.42 - 92.79

Fist bump at the end, very nice performance, also loved her dress. Her jumps today were mostly very clean including a triple Toe - double Toe and a double Axel - double Toe. Loads of power in the programm as well, quite the opposite then at the victory ceremony. She looked like a shy kitten, but I think she was just freezing to death at this point and if we journalists then all want to take a picture, then this can definately get on your nerves I am sure!

Lena Kreitmeier 53.40 - 83.88

Quite a contrary programm. First we got a more naughty type of style and afterwards a much more softer one. I got to say I enjoyed the second a bit more, the first had a few minor mistakes like in the double Axel, still great performance for such a young lady.

Annika Hocke 56.02 - 91.43

Wow that was a totally different girl today. My absolute favorite one from yesterday must have sent her twin today!

While naughty yesterday, she was totally someone else now. But not in a bad way, her attitude also worked nicely with that type of choreographie and it showed how versatile she can be. In general it was a lot more laid back and calm, but with a little naughty moment here and there - and that makes her such a lovely person on the ice. Needless to say that she never stopped smiling for even one second, also not at the Podium or when she fell at the triple Sal! Great girl, I will definately keep an eye on her and her development.

Charlotte Vandersaaren 40.46 - 71.38

Well, this day we might better kick out of the dutch history book. The start was really a pity, she just couldnt land any of her first three jumps, double Ayel, triple Sal. At least the single Lutz - single Toe worked in the end and afterwards it got a lot better. She had a good recovery, still a pity :(

Vanessa Grallert 42.83 - 72.38

Ouch, she can do so much better, but sadly today wasnt the day. She had some lovely tempo changes and I loved her dress - really "sexy". The jumps sadly, didnt go that well, way too many mistakes today and she only got the 21th LP.

Final result SP + LP

1 Kalina LEWICKA GER 92.72
2 Annika HOCKE GER 91.43
3 Alisa STOMAKHINA AUT 88.24
4 Lena KREITMEIER GER 83.88
5 Julie FROETSCHER FRA 82.07
6 Emma IGNATIUS FIN 81.76

Alex D

Record Breaker
Junior Ladies Short Programm

Group One

Svetlana Lebedeva 47.29

She sadly fell on her triple Flip - Triple Toe combination at the start, but she recovered from that early mistake and delivered a nice and very high triple Rittberger, followed by the double Axel. Her Jumps were quite early still a nice programm no doubt. I felt that the whole outfit, music and her personality were nicely choreographed into this routine, but to be honest you dont expect anything else by the Russian team. Very fast Piourettes, including Pielman, job well done!

Matilde Battagin 27.62

Off she goes with a big hug of her coach. She will probably need a hug aftter her performance as well, sadly a mistake at her combo but she fought bravely. Great triple Sal at the start

Matilde Gianocca 41.35

Hop Switz, she had some fans sitting right next to me, some of the boys that skated earlier. First of all she never lost her smile, I really enjoyed that! The double Axel was quite late and she performed a very nice step sequence as well, it worked lovely in combination with her open minded personality and the music. Sarah Maier left a big footprint for the swizz skating family to fill, after she waved goodbye at Bern in 2011. I will ring all my cow bells for Matilde and hope that she can keep her positive attitude!

Lotte Tauber 24.42

Flying sit spin aborted, but also the Axel at the start wasnt going that well sadly. She performed a nice double Flip - double Toe though!

Alissa Scheidt 40.62

Carmen in the house, or not really but whenever someone wears black and red I remember Carmen! Really like her dress those colours just never get old. She performed a Tango and she really nailed that one on the ice. You totally bought it when she kept throwing that really arrogant look over to you. Nice triple Sal - double Toe at the begin as well! Very flexible young Lady she is, loved her spins and Pirouettes.

Group two

Michaela Du Toit 37.93

Wow that was great! Flawless performance if you ask me, she can bend her body like a Russian! Nice triple double combination at the begin as well, clean double Axel, nice Pirouettes. Very enjoyable! Great personality on the ice!

Janina Makeenka 30.89

Do you know those little boxes with a small Ballerina inside of them? If you open them up the little one does dance for you.
Janina totally reminded me of one of those! The music with the piano supported that impression even more. While she had a few sloppy elements, it still was a really enjoyable run, very nice Layback Spin - definately one of the big highlights in her performance.

Anastasia Vaipan Law 32.56

There are skaters when you think they shouldnt put any jumps at all in their programm. The Brit in her white & yellow dress is one of them. I really enjoyed her skating skills, it all was so calm and in sync with the music. I allready forgot what happened to those jumps in the last minutes.

Yana Bozhilova 25.49

She is a very beautiful young lady, very elegant and put a mature performance on the ice. Loved her red dress. The German started with a double Flip- single Toe and her Axel sadly hat to be downgraded.

Martina Zola 31.12

She skated in a violet dress, she looked really great in it. Sadly she looked a bit too much into her first jump, as she just had way too much time to think about this one and therefore she fell at the triple Rittberger due the lack of rotation.

Group Three

Natalia Fartushina 33.13

I always find that type of music difficult to skate to. I dont know what it is, its just my personal "feeling", like with all the things that I write down.

Anyways, Natalia sadly fell once at the beginning when she performed her jumps like double Axel, Triple Toe and the Rittberger. After those were history she seemed a bit more stable, I liked the last spins she did, a very flexible young lady!

Chiara Thiele 38.23

Her brother was sitting right next to me and I think that gave her a little push, especially at the step sequence where she came up with a big smile in her face. Her double Axel had a great height, she also performed a Pielman and a nice double Lutz - double Toe. Unfortunately she put all her jumps at the begin, this is a pity but something she can work on in future.

Elzbieta Kropa 39.26

Her music got quieter and quieter throughout the performance, that was really a fun experience. But at the moment she pulled her boot up to the Pielman it got louder again, that was a great closing element and nicely choreographed. She also had a lovely triple Toe - double Toe combination and spread her jumps well.

Samira Huskic 34.95

She was performing to EUphoria in a version that I didnt know before. It kicked in right when her step sequence was about to happen, that gave the whole performance a nice push. Sadly the triple Toe combination didnt work out this time.

Jennifer Schmidt 35.64

Pink dress and a wonderfull smile when the step sequence started. The triple Sal combo sadly didnt go that well, but her skate to Romeo & Juliet was really nice. I love that music and I love to see skaters perform to it.

Group 4

Niki Wories 33.93

I really liked the choreographie in her programm, especially the second part when also the step sequence happened. She let it all out there and finished with a big bang that suited so well to our little thunderstorm currently over Dortmund.
Pity that the Flip combo ended with a fall, great dress by the way - which was half white and half red, looked really nice.

Elizaveta 51.50

There are skaters where you just watch and she was one of those. Russians must do something different than other countries, they just have an almost unlimited potential of those young Ladies.
Maybe not all of them will win medals, but they are an absolute joy to watch.

She performed a triple Flip - triple Toe our first triple - triple today and her choreographie was also in her face, great attitude on the ice this young lady has!

Nicole Schott 35.70

Sadly the first two jumps including triple Toe & triple Rittberger didnt work out at all, at least her double Axel later was better.
She was performing to Mambo music if I am not mistaken. At least did her music remind me totally of Babe & Jonny at Dirty Dancing, even though it was that annoying cousin who asked Babe and not the sexy Jonny!

Promsan Rattandilok Na Phuket 31.47

Wow that was really wonderful. She is such a tiny figure and did float over the ice, wearing a black dress with slightly bling bling. Many skaters put at least one jump right at the beginning, but she had all the time in this world. Great performance, pity about the triple Sal Combo - nontheless a joy to watch.

Taylor Ronald 30.11

Nice Lay back spin at the start, pity about those jumps, still I liked her performance.

Group five

Lea Johanna Dastich 39.01

She never lost her smile during her routine, great! I liked the speed on the triple Toe - double Toe combination, Rittberger sadly on two feet.

Marin Ono

DNS

Aleksandra Golovkina 45.76

She was dressed in blue, nice gloves! She performed her jumps quite early in the programm still mostly clean, including a triple Toe - double Toe and a triple Rittberger. Step sequence a tiny tumble but she recovered well, great skating skills!

Deimante Kizalaite 45.08

Deimante was wearing a black dress and had a lovely choreographie, with the pointed gun and her face expressions, but she looks so much better than Tom Cruise lol. She performed a wonderful triple Lutz - double Toe combination, sadly she fell on the double Axel. A very sympathic skater, especially since she didnt pull the trigger ;)

Janne van den Biggelaar 27.37

Axel and Rittberger sady not clean, but a nice double Flip - double Toe combination. I felt she lost a bit of speed in her step sequence, which was really nice at first and the end, just the middle part was a bit too slow maybe.

Group 6

Sarah Andersson 35.75

She spread her jumps well, I liked the change in her music - double Axel was nicely done.

Anne Sopie Gossens 33.48

Was a fun opening pose, she grabbed something out of the air and threw it away once the music had started. At the end of the programm she grabbed something again. Was it snow, a bird a butterfly? Post your bets Ladies & Gentleman if I have the chance to ask her, I will do that.

Krystsina Zakharanka 35.89

I wonder if she is also an ice dancer, she had a few dance steps in her choreo that I actually know from ice dance. You know those when you perform right on one spot. Violin music, a bit heavy at time to my ears, but she used it well to time some of her elements with it.
What I find a pity is, that we dont have that many people in the crowd anymore and those who are are a bit tired I believe.

Slivia Martinelli 34.19

I really enjoyed that programm, she is a cute young lady. She started with triple Sal - double Toe, sadly with her hand on the ice, but she came back with a good double Rittberger.

What I liked was her interaction with the crowd. Always enjoy it if skaters dont just skate for themselves so to speak.

Lutricia Bock 51.04

Quite an unusual german name, but names dont matter in figure skating as we know, well except you have a Russian name of course (just kidding my dear judges)

Lutricia really had Bock today and performed a triple Flip - triple Toe nicely. For our friends in the US and the other non german speaking countries - Bock just means that you really want to do someting. German is quite an easy language isnt it?

Anyways, she had a very nice outfit in black with some glitter on it, especially the gloves - looked great. She is a very open minded person and I really enjoyed how the smile came out after she landed the double Axel.
She finished off with a nice Pielmann, nice finisher for her programm and the second day here at Dortmund.

SP standings

1 Elizaveta YUASCHENKO RUS 51.50
2 Lutricia BOCK GER 51.04
3 Alsu KAYUMOVA RUS 50.70
4 Svetlana LEBEDEVA RUS 47.29
5 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 45.76

Alex D

Record Breaker
Day 2 - As it happened

Day two featured the finals of the Advanced Novice - Boys & Girls, but also the SP of the Junior Ladies.

Advanced Novice Boys

Severin Reich from Germany has won the Advanced Boys Competition this morning, before the French Luc Economides who struggled a bit with one of his skating boots so that he had to join the victory ceremony one footed. ;)

Luc who had the more difficult programm with triple Lutz and Rittberger, while winning the LP couldnt close the gap to the German - 0.76 points were missing in the end.

Third came another boy from France, Julian Donica who skated the second best LP to the soundtrack of Gladiator, including a triple Sal and double Axel, damn was he fast in the air! What I also loved a lot was his outfit and the way how his step sequence was choreographed, great speed there!

A big pity was the performance of "King Arthur" who I praised so much in the first day review. He had major issues staying on his feet during the first four jumps, it took him quite some time to find his way back into the LP, he showed some massive fighting spirit and didnt give in and could land a decent triple Rittberger. The result was just the 8th LP, what a shame - he can do so much better!

Final result:

1 Severin REICH GER 106.99
2 Luc ECONOMIDES FRA 106.23
3 Julian DONICA FRA 100.00

Advanced Novice Girls

Also the second win of the day went to Germany. Kalina Lewicka who is skating for the MERC just like Sarah Hecken does, won the FS and the competition with a lovely performance that had lots of power. She performed a triple Toe - solo and in combination with a double Toe. Peter Sczypa seemed to be very pleased with her, but that poor thing was freezing to death on the podium after the long wait, hardly cracking a smile for the cameras.

Talking about happy faces, as you know Annika Hocke was one of the top girls for me on day one and again she nailed a great performance on the ice. Damn she is definately a lovely one to watch and she showed such an amazing versatility today. At the SP she was really funny and naughty, the LP was more chilled so to speak but with a nice double Axel - double Toe! Needles to say that she never lost her smile not even for one second!

I didnt know her before, so she is definately on my radar from now on and someone we have to look out for in future.

Third came Alisa Stomakhina from Austria, who performed an amazing triple Lutz with great speed and height! The Austrian was only on 8th position after her SP and made a huge jump forwards skating the second best LP.

A little set back for Ooana from Finland she does what so many Fins do right now, missing her jumps, while having great skating skills. Her Triple Lutz just didnt work today, but its also a very dififcult element! In my opinion she is someone that we should look out for in future, she knows her stuff and there are going to be better days in future for sure.After Laura´s and Susannas disappearance, I so hope to see a Fin again on the Podium soon, miss them to be honest and the Olympics will also happen without them sadly.

Final result:

1 Kalina LEWICKA GER 92.72
2 Annika HOCKE GER 91.43
3 Alisa STOMAKHINA AUT 88.24

Junior Ladies

Last but not least the SP of the Junior Ladies and I was so lookin forward to the Russians and I for sure wasnt disappointed, just one young German girl managed to break into the Russian dominance today.

Lets start with the German girl, credit goes where credit is due after all! Her name Lutricia Bock. Doesnt ring a bell? Well she didnt for me either, but her performance was really great to see and she is just trailing behind by 0.46 points.
On top right now with some amazing skating skills is Elizaveta Yuaschenko - she totally got me with her performance. It was a great joy to watch, great expression in her face!

Third with a great interpretation of her quite dramatic programm is Alsu Kayumova, especially the step sequence was great! There is only a small margain of 0.80 within the top three girls and Svetlana Lebedeva is while 4th a young lady we should not write off either. With a better performance at her combination, she would be much closer than she is right now with about 4 points behind.

Standings:

1 Elizaveta YUASCHENKO RUS 51.50
2 Lutricia BOCK GER 51.04
3 Alsu KAYUMOVA RUS 50.70

Alex D

Record Breaker
LP Junior Men Results

1 Roman SAVOSIN RUS 169.63 3 1
2 Daniil BERNADINER RUS 167.19 1 2
3 Dmitriy MIKHAYLOV RUS 156.18 2 7
4 Jan KURNIK CZE 154.51 4 5
5 Niko ULANOVSKY GER 153.81 5 4
6 Sondre ODDVOLL BOE NOR 153.36 7 3
7 Anton KEMPF GER 142.95 11 6
8 P. POLIZOAKIS GER 141.23 6 9
9 Alexander BETKE GER 138.34 8 8
10 Marco ASAM GER 129.87 9 12
11 Genki SUZUKI GER 128.10 10 14
12 Jannis BRONISEFSKI GER 123.12 12 15
13 Tim HUBER SUI 122.87 15 11
14 Arturas GANZELA LTU 122.12 14 13
15 Trevor BERGQVIST SWE 118.96 17 10
16 Thomas STOLL GER 106.61 13 17
17 Michel TSIBA NED 106.54 16 16

Hmm, this was a mixed back this morning!

A major let down was Dimitry Mikhaylov, wow that just didnt work at all. His first jump he just skipped, the ones after were at least performed, but ya it definately was not his day today and the expression on his face clearly showed that. Just very disappointing.

He only skated the 7th LP, that says it all.

Someone who I absolutely loved watching was Alexander Betke - the German improved a lot and showed some really great elements, especially at the start.

Three Russians on the top, with Roman performing ok-ish after a not so good start.

Junior Ladies and then we have the pairs competition that I am looking forward a lot! ;)

Some very good performances in Advanced Novice Boys. The top 3 landed a lot of triples between them. The silver medallist even had the 3lutz. :)

Fantastic level in Junior Ladies as well. Top 4 skaters went for 3flip/3toe! Congrats to Lutricia Bock, I think it's the first time she's managed that? I didn't realise she was already at this level technically, wow. How old is she?

Fantastic to see Lithuania's two promising skaters land most of their jumps again as well. I am also super excited to see Michaela du Toit land 3toe/2toe and 2axel! I don't think we've seen this kind of level of skating in South Africa for a while now. And Rattandilok Na Phuket is a home-grown Thai skater with a 2axel. Great stuff.

Alex D

Record Breaker
The french pair is indeed not here anymore, we only have 4 pairs left now.

1. Wende Family
2. Elizaveta Makarova / Lero Kenchadze
3. Vera & Yuriy
4. Mari Vartmann / Aaron van Cleave

Its indeed very sad, as for the reasons - I dont know :(

Alex D

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed the Ladies LP, nice suprise we got there on the Podium with one of the Lituanien girls! Lituania is the new Finnland guys I tell ya!

I will give you a more detailed review later, but for those that cant wait here the top three names.

1 Elizaveta YUSCHENKO RUS 141.48
2 Alsu KAYUMOVA RUS 139.88
3 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 134.19

More in a few hours, I am going to enjoy the Pairs now!

P.S. I asked around about Vanessa and Morgan, but nobody knows anything. Annabelle is sick, but I think that was mentioned before. :(

Junior Pairs are as following

Group 1

Rus: Vlada Mishina / Vladim Ivanov
GER: Vanessa Bauer / Nolan Seegert

Group 2

HKG: Marin Ono / Hon Lam To
Rus: Rinata Murasova / Sergey Alekseev
Rus: Arina Chernyavskaya / Antonio Souza - Cordeyr

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks for your reply, Alex D! I hope you enjoy the pairs' event - however depleted. :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
did I just see Vartman/Cleava getting higher PCS than Bazarova/Larionov :unsure:
have they been dumped that bad to promote Stolbova/Klimov

I did a double take when I saw that as well. My first conspiracy theory thought was that somebody kindly asked the judges to overmark Vartmann/Van Cleave since they still need to earn the minimum scores required by the German Olympic Committee.

Wende/Wende skated clean other than for a mistake on the throw and both their basics and their choreography are stronger, from what I can recall. Bazarova/Larionov obviously skate with more speed and power as well and their SP this season is the best program they've had to date, IMO. So those scores don't seem to make much sense to me (having said that, I haven't seen the event).

Alex D

Record Breaker
Junior Ladies LP Review

Group one

1. Martina Zola 60.88 - 92.00

Her outfit reminded me of Valentina, it was black with a revealing back part and some silver stripes. I really enjoyed the begin of her programm with a nice triple Flip. Unfortunately were her Toe and Sal afterwards not as good, latter was even downgraded by the judges. Martina did a really nice level four spin combination and had a nice highlight distribution on her programm. She could just enjoy her time on the ice a bit more I think, but thats easier said than done.

2. Lotte Tauber 57.89 - 82.31

The German was wearing a green dress today and delivered a solid performance with a nice double Flip - double Toe and level three spin combinations. Also positive was, that she didnt just stare on the ice, but also in the crowd. What I liked most about her program was the more quieter passage in her routine, that was great!

3. Yanina Makeyenka 56.72 - 87.61

She was wearing a Pink dress today and performed to Romoe & Juliet. I have to admit, I so love this music... Since I saw Sasha with it like at Torino!

Yanina´s jumps like the triple Sal, triple Loop were a bit off at times, but she performed a clean double Axel - double Toe. At the end of her programm she performed also a nice level 4 spin combination.

4. Janne van den Biggelaar 52.99 - 80.36

Hop Janne Hop and how she did that! There were quite a few tricky jumps for her today like the double Axel at the begin of her programm, but she managed to stay on her feet at all times. Nice fighting spirit, she doesnt just let go - great! Especially the start of her programm has been a joy! While the music was hardly noticable, she was floating over the ice without making any sound. Fantastic!

5. Taylor Ronald 56.94 - 87.05

First Skater of "Team GB" was Taylor and I think she did well, especially at her spins and Piourettes. She also performed a nice double Flip - double Toe and she was just smiling all the time, quite a glamour girl today in her black & golden dress.

6. Yana Bozhilova 49.38 - 74.80

Our second competitor from Germany and unfortunately did she has a bad start with the double Axel that totally didnt work out today. In general jumping wasnt her thing today.

It was great however to see her expression in the face and how it changed when the music took a turn and the step sequence started. Definately the best moment in her routine! Yana is currently skating for the EJC.

Group 2

7. Niki Wories 65.13 - 99.06

The dutch skater spread her jumps well, so that it never got boring or anything. It was a constant change between Piourettes, Jumps and Steps. I enjoyed her whole package, music, outfit, choreo a lot. It was such a pity that her triple Flip was underrotated and the Sal downgraded.

8. Natalia Fartushina 58.97 - 92.10

Nathalia does skate for the ERWC Dortmund and my personal highlight was her step sequence at the end and the start with double Axel - double Toe. Unfortunately were some of her other jumps really off, she came out of balance and struggled with the landings and full rotations like at the triple Sal.

9. Anne Sophie Goossens 61.92 - 95.40

Anne was an interesting one. She did many jump combinations like the triple Flip - double Loop - double Loop. What I liked a lot was the speed in which those happened. She touched the ice and instantly went up again, was lovely to watch. Also her final spin sequence was brilliant and a level 4!

10. Anastasia Vaipan-Law 61.99 - 94.55

Loved her interpretation, once it got more dramatic in the music, she also added faster and wilder elements so that we had a nice progression through out the programm. Cool dress as well and her spin combinations great!

11. Silvia Martinelli 60.76 - 94.95

What I liked about the Italien was the type of variation she presented in her programm and while having different parts, the transitions to every new part were very fluent and never felt disturbing or how we in the music business say "a trainwreck". But also the different elements were nicely spread, it wasnt all clustered at the begin like some of the other skaters tend to do it. Unfortunately was her double Axel downgraded, so was the Sal. Her step sequence however was great, I absolutely enjoyed it.

Silvia finished in style with a Pielman when her music faded out slowly and had some high quality spin combinations, which were rewarded with a three and four category.

12. Promsan RATTANDILOK NA PHUKET 49.20 - 80.67

Yes I did copy - paste that name...

However, it was sadly not her day. That poor young lady tried hard elements like the triple Sal - double Toe which unfortunately didnt pay out. Her best jump element was the double Flip - double Toe and yes, she can do so much more than what she could actually show us today.
She looked so cute with that flower in her hair!

Group 3

13. Krystsina Zakarankha 55.30 - 91.19

She is such an elegant skater, loved her level three Camel but also the final combination spin and how she spread the difficulties among her programm. Pity that her triple Sal right at the start didnt make the full rotations.

14. Sarah Anderson 61.01 - 96.76

Sarah who is not related with the Minnesota politician, unfortunately had to open up her first Axel, but she came back later with a decent double and a nice double Flip - double Toe - double Loop combination. What I liked was the change in music to her step sequence.

15. Nicole Schott 80.31 - 116.01

That was a really nice skate. Totally enjoyed it! She showed very well that skaters dont need to be tiny to perform well. Sarah opened with a great triple Toe - double Toe and also showed us a nice triple Flip. Also remarkable was her really nice interretation during the step sequence.

16. Samira Huskic 65.71 - 106.66

She dressed like one of those girls in a wild west movie that were working in the Bar, needles to say she would still be way too young for that job. Samira who opened up with a triple Toe - double Toe combination, smiled throughout her whole programm, that was a great joy to watch so were her level 4 combination spins. Great girl!

17. Matilde Baganin 60.54 - 98.16

Who wants to live forever?

Well I do, if figure skating does take place every day with such amazing skaters! Matilde opened with a really nice double Axel, unfortunately the triple Toe afterwards wasnt. The italien sadly struggled with some of her jumps today, but it still was a lovely performance, she does skate very elegant and soft, its great watching her on the ice.

18. Jenny Schmidt 60.75 - 96.39

She has such a lovely personality on the ice, she always smiles when she looks at you, no matter how her element went before. Her triple Toe - double Toe was really nice and she had a good distribution of her elements as well. I love Rocky, she had the "training montage" by Vince diCola and that worked greatly with her Step sequence. I wonder if he had figure skating in mind, when he produced ;)

Group 4

19. Chiara Thiele 66.22 - 104.45

She sadly fell on her triple Toe which was underrotated, but had two nice double Axels nontheless. In general it was a lovely performance. She did skate to pirates of the carabean and I liked how the crowd got behind her during the step sequence.

20. Alissa Scheidt 71.78 - 112.40

That was a really lovely performance today. She really nailed it! Yes some jumps like the triple Toe were under rotated, but honestly I still enjoyed what she did today. Very nice pirouettes, steps, spins and jumps, especially after half time. I am really impressed by Alissa.

21. Matilde Gianocca 78.50 - 119.85

Wow what a performance! So much fire in her eyes, lovely movements with her arms in sync with the music, great green dress as well and her spins all level 4! She missed two of her jumps completely, but still! I loved the distance at her double Axel and the speed at the Rittberger, also good job on saving that triple Sal. Great girl, great fighter! Send a tape to Sarah Maier of that performance ;)

22. Elzbieta Kropa 70.33 - 109.59

Oh god, she did run out of steam at the end, but she started so lovely with her triple Toe - double Toe - double Toe combination and also performed a double Axel - double Toe and some wonderful spins - what a pity! I like her style on the ice a lot, Lituania is the new Finland for me!

23. Lea Johanna Dastich 81.92 - 121.00

Great white dress with a bit of red. Lea skated to the Adams Famly today, but not like an ice cold hand but a young girl that has great fun on the ice. Really great to deliver a double Axel - double Toe - double Loop combination so late in the programm. Great smile and spins too!

24. Michaela DU Toit 68.23 - 106.16

She is a lovely skater, she was wearing a pink dress and started very nicely with a triple - double -double combination which unfortunately received a penalty for under rotation on her first Toe. What I really enjoyed in her choreographie was the "leg movements" to the music - very funny choreographie if you ask me. The south african really enjoyed herself on the ice, was fun to watch - great flying spin as well!

Group 5

25. Alsu Kayumova 89.18 - 139.88

That young lady did a triple Lutz - triple Toe combination! Really impressive if you ask me, she also showed another triple Lutz later in her programm and offered some fantastic spins. A very intersting step sequence as well, but she also attempted a combination that was erased from the score board ... ya such things just happen.

Later at the victory ceremony, she was lovely. So friendly and always smiling in the camera, great personality for a russian girl!

26. Lutricia Bock 80.03 - 131.07

Absolutely enjoyed her step sequence, if not mistaken that was Charly Chaplin with his umbrella and she copied his movements absolutely wonderful. It was a joy to watch, I was having a big grin on face.
Pity that she had to open up her triple Toe in the opening combination with the triple Flip. She was fighting hard today, especially at the double Axel -single Loop - triple Sal combination, but she also put a nice double Axel on the ice around the end.

27. Elizaveta Yuaschenko 89.89 - 141.48

She had to fight hard at some of her jumps, wow. She had a slight tumble right after her triple Flip - triple Toe combination and she was sitting on the ice for a few seconds, almost shocked. I think that threw her off completely. Still she performed a very good double Axel and a triple Lutz - double Toe combination later so she has some good recovery skills and those you will need, especially in Russian territory.

Her combination spins looked lovely as well, she is really a nice figure skater in my opinion. Eliza is quite an outgoing, open minded person I think - she was always smiling at the victory ceremony!

I love what height she can achieve with her jumps, she reminds me of Tatiana Voloszar somehow, dont ask me how - she just does.

28. Svetlana Lebedeva 85.64 - 132.75

Oh no what a pity! She was very upset after her skate, understandable! It just didnt work out at all, first two jumps not landed and it seemed like she was somehow not on the ice with her head. Sveta opened with a triple Flip - triple Toe, but the latter was just not good enough to be landed. She was cut short on the rotation and sadly fell. Her spins were all quite good, especially the lay back at the end - I absolutely enjoyed watching them!I Also the triple Sal was nicely performed. There is a lot more in that girl, than what we saw today!

While waiting on the scores we heard Kelly Clarkson with "because of you" and I wonder who´s fault it was, that she couldnt nail that performance like she did in the SP.

29. Aleksandra Golovkina 88.43 - 134.19

She is quite a fun person to be honest, I am not sure if she expected to come third, or if she was just as cool as an ice berg today. Nice Tango she performed, good fight on her triple Rittberger & Flip. Loved her dress as well, she did really rock it! What she also rocked was that Layback Spin at the end, wow! That looked fantastic so did she with that flower in her hair.
Absolutely a girl I will remember from this NRW Trophy.

30. Daimante Kizalaite 86.40 - 131.48

Last but not least another amazing skater from Lituania. That young lady made me so much fun with her performance. Yes it might not be for everyone, but damn I was just greatly entertained. She started wth a triple Lutz - double Toe - double combination and performed a really nice triple Lutz and high level spins afterwards

But the best thing as I said, was she and her expression in that LP. It was so funny, once she was joggling some balls, then she gave us the symbol to be silent after she nailed a jump on the ice and at the end, she waved her hand before her mouth, symbolizing its late and time to go to bed. Really nice emotes of her, loved how different that Choreo was from so many of the others today.

1 Elizaveta YUSCHENKO RUS 141.48
2 Alsu KAYUMOVA RUS 139.88
3 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 134.19
4 Svetlana LEBEDEVA RUS 132.75
5 Deimante KIZALAITE LTU 131.48
6 Lutricia BOCK GER 131.07

Alex D

Record Breaker
I will do the pairs tomorrow morning during the Ladies practice, I really need some sleep now - onl had 4 hours last night :D

Maylin and Daniels programm was really nice, but I also liked what Mari and Aaron did. I felt it was their best SP in the past years (my opinion). I am a big fan of Vera and Juriy as well my favorite couple since years ;)

But now bed time, sorry!

LRK

Record Breaker
I hope you have/had some good sleep, Alex D! Thanks for all the marvellous reports! Men's today, isn't it? Could you give a little extra cheer for Brian on my behalf? Internal will be fine.:) Allez, Baboo! :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Junior Pairs SP

Group One

1. Vlada Mishina / Vladim Ivanov 39.30

They performed a nice group 5 Toe Lasso Lift, sadly at their double Axel a few minor issues with the landings, same with their triple Toe Throw, I liked their Step Sequence though!

2. Vanessa Bauer / Nolan Seegert 37.42

Besides the Pair from HGK the only non Russian Junior Pair tonight. I loved how in sync they were at times, it all looked very smooth - nice harmony also in the combination spin at the end. Pity about their double RIttberger though, that harmony and syncronisation of the other elements didnt came through there and received negative feedback by the judges. Still nice couple.

Group 2

3. Marin Ono / Hon Lam To 33.08

She had a heavily taped knee maybe an injury or a precussion - not sure. They had to abort their lift as well, glad that nothing bad happened there and she returned safely to the ice! What I also noticed was how close her blade was at the end of the no touch, but again nothing bad happened there! I hope they stay safe in their LP.

4. Rinata Murasova / Sergey Alekseev 46.08

I wonder if those got an Ice Dance Background, as they showed us a nice Twizzle in their no touch. In general their choreo and the whole interpretation was very nice to see, also liked their costumes. But also their pair skating was nice, like the double ToeW which had great height - level four, just like the other russian pair after them.

5. Arina Cheryavskaya / Antonia Souza Cordeyr 50.30

Those are a very talented couple. Loved their double Toe at the start of their programm, they also attempted an triple Throw Toe, while receiving negative GOE, still a big element for such a junior couple I think, also a nice group 5 lasso lift well executed. Its going to be intersting to see where their road will lead to in the future. I like those two a lot!

Result SP

1 Arina CHERNYAVSKAYA / Antonio SOUZA-CORDEYRU RUS 50.30
2 Rinata MURASOVA / Sergey ALEKSEEV RUS 46.08
3 Vlada MISHINA / Vadim IVANOV RUS 39.30
4 Vanessa BAUER / Nolan SEEGERT GER 37.24
5 Marin ONO / Hon Lam TO HKG 33.08

Senior Pairs SP

We lost quite a few couples early this year, Vanessa and Morgan but also Annabelle & Ruben had to sit out. Still not sure what happened to the French but Annabelle is currently sick, so get well soon!

1. Maylin & Daniel Wende 58.23

I musst admit, besides Annabelle & Ruben my favorite german pair since years. The way how they skate together is just wonderful, especially at their Death Spiral which was back inside. He presents his wife with proud, probably my favorite element of them its a shame that you cant get points for such things in FS.
But also the no touch was lovely choreographed and in sync, nice steps as well and a level 4 combination spin. To be honest I was a bit shocked that they only came third. Their triple Flip got quite some heavy deductions, it wasnt flawless indeed but still she worked hard to stay on her feed there and the smile said it all!

2. Elizaveta Makarova / Leri Kenchadze 41.95

They did everything a bit slower, with less revolutions but it was still a nice skate. They showed a nice DS and I loved their level 4 combination spin a lot.

3. Vera Bazarova / Yuriy Larionov 63.05

My favorite pair since years, especially their programms with a lot of passion and "love" I find amazing. They just look lovely together ;)
Not so lovely was their triple Toe today, it just didnt work out that well unfortunately, Vera was on the ice and Yuriy already had a bad feeling about this while still being in the air. Their rev. Lasso was really nice, but I didnt expect anything else to be honest, they know their stuff. Always a pleasure seeing them together. As for the whole choreo today, well it was a different programm type of skate than usual for them.
It was more about funny traditional music - which showed especially at their no touch. I know that type of choreo and music from Ice Dance actually, new approach for their skating and I am curious what they have to offer at their LP.

4. Mari Vartmann / Aaron van Cleavev 60.79

In my opinion one of their best SP skates in the recent years, I really liked it a lot. The whole presentation and harmony with the music was nice, so was the Axel Lasso lift and their triple Sal. They actually only had one bigger mistake and that was unfortunately at the end with their DS that just died so to speak. Curious about their LP and if they can defend the second spot on the podium.

Result after SP:

1 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuriy LARIONOV RUS 63.05
2 Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE GER 60.79
3 Maylin WENDE / Daniel WENDE GER 58.23
4 Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE BUL 41.95

Alex D

Record Breaker
Glad you like it guys ;)

Day Summary I need to do some other time, the Ladies are going to start in a few minutes.

As for the practice today,

Ladies:

Elena very hot and sexy in her performance, really enjoyed that. Same goes for Inga and Monika very elegant skates!

Fleur oh God! What a brilliant women she is, I always sit there with my mouth wide open when she performs. Her flibility is amazing, if she skates time stands still.

Polina, it will be very hard to beat this young lady - she looks in great shape.

Also made a big cross at Sandy Hoffmanns name and Ilara Nogaro´s. Keep an eye out for those, you wont regret it :D

And yes I send Brian an Alle´z ;)

Alex D

Record Breaker
SP Ladies

Awesome performane by Elena with triple combo, she took the lead before Polina who didnt had her best day. Inga also ... oh god that was so sad to see what happened to her.

Fleur very good, was so happy to see that most of her jumps went okish. Some really nice performances also by the less known skaters.

Now the men!